HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Lions v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Lions v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: October 21, 2018 10:16AM

If they score again on this drive, then I think its lights out, game over...

Really disappointed and frustrated with the inconsistency of this team.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 21, 2018 10:20AM

On to Houston. This defense is completely inept. What an embarrassing gutless performance.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 21, 2018 10:40AM

Osweiler is every bit as accurate on the run as Tannehill.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: October 21, 2018 10:48AM

The way this defense is playing I would have tried onside kick. Field goal ices game. You had to figure they'd move it into field goal range at the least.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 21, 2018 11:05AM

Another losing effort.

We lost more than a game today...we lost several players to injuries...you watch and see who suits up for Thursday night's ball game. (Don't expect to see Devante Parker our weekly bench sitter.)

Houston Texans are up next and will enjoy watching our porous defense preparing for us. LB play stinks, O-line play isn't a tad better. Boy oh boy are we in for it now. We'll be 4-4 soon. sad smiley

Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: October 21, 2018 11:13AM

So frustrated on the Jekyll and Hyde personality of this team.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 21, 2018 11:26AM

O-line and D-line stunk...that’s why we lost plain and simple. Almost zero run blocking and almost zero passs rush. That exposed our linebackers and our secondary. With no running game our offense struggles to do very much. Losing Stills and Wilson really hurt as well. Oswieller did OK just not spectacular.

Date: October 21, 2018 11:58AM

I was saying last week .....we finally have a decent defense. They DID NOT show up today. Blown Zone coverages left and right. I miss the days when we went man to man with Madision and Surtain. One guy floats back and the deep guy doesn't pick up the route. It happens , but there is NO EXCUSE when you don't fix it. And the Missed tackles!!? WTF . Fitzpatrick missed like he was trying to tackle a greased pig. Terrible......and NOT CORRECTED. That's what pissed me off.

Our leading receiver was a RB. Drake.....and he missed more then he caught.

A few bad Penalty calls......but this one is on us. Very inconsistent. I need a shower.......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 21, 2018 01:54PM

It's only two games but in those two games Osweiler has played as least as well as Tannehill on his better days. I still don't think he can do it on a consistent basis but he didn't lose this game. That dishonor went to a defense that was so inept and incredibly soft, it set a new low for this franchise. I hate to sound like a broken record, but Grier and Tannenbaum have done a horrifically bad job building this team. When your best linebacker is Kiko Alonso, you're in big trouble. The defensive line stinks. We gave up a 4th rounder for Quinn. What does he have so far? One sack? Cam Wake was a great player but the operative word is "was." Charles Harris is a bust. Another wasted first round pick along with Devante Parker. Minkah Fitzpatrick may eventually be a good player for us but I still think the right pick would've been linebacker Tremaine Edmunds. We also only have one serviceable boundary corner back. McCain is a decent slot corner but is too small to play on the outside. The only defensive tackle worth a crap is Taylor and even he was invisible today.

Finally, can Gase get it through his thick bonehead that he's not a good play-caller? That delayed hand-off to Drake or Gore up the middle isn't going to work and it sure as hell shouldn't be virtually the only running play that he calls.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 21, 2018 03:17PM

Gase = Philpin 2.0

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 21, 2018 03:25PM

Toko, that's an insult to Philbin. At least Philbin was around in 2011. This guy has had the advantage of seeing everything from 2011 transpire and is still doing worst than Philbin.

Signed,

The Guy who Hounded Philbin the most.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 21, 2018 04:56PM

I actually shut the game off at half-time. I never used to do that. I was a stay until the bitter end optimist, with the way the team was playing though...it looked like Sunday had much better options for me. I saw completely broken coverages on defense. I think a high school team from Miami would have done better. I saw the most foolish play calling I've ever seen in my decades as a Dolphin fan, and that includes Wanny, Saban, Cameron! Osweiler at least has some heart..but man this team is totally undisciplined, unprepared, unskilled, and unsuitable for watching.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 21, 2018 07:42PM

No surprise here.

Nothing meaningful accomplished in the off season to make this team any better than the year before. Everyone can see it but Ross and his inept minions.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 22, 2018 12:21PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was saying last week .....we finally have a
> decent defense. They DID NOT show up today. Blown Zone coverages left and right. I miss the days when we went man to man with Madision and Surtain.

And if you dont find a QB in a box of cracker jacks...we dont have a qb either...

Every qb we have stink and cant make $h1t happen.

You miss surtain and madison..

I miss them and dan marino included.

Ever since marino retired every qb weve had stunk to the high heavens yes including the wet firecracker tannehill

Date: October 22, 2018 12:23PM

the best one we had since dan was pennington but his arm was a wet noodle.

Date: October 22, 2018 12:24PM

tannehill has the arm but his iq is in the 12 range.

Date: October 22, 2018 12:26PM

All he knows how to do is laugh with that big clueless grin on the sideline. Get on the field you bum. You aint hurt.

He is doing a devante parker. Nobody wants to play for this team.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.