HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Landshark Lager
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Landshark Lager
Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: May 09, 2009 04:55PM

I am currently drinking a Landshark Lager and I am not impressed. Clearly the intent is to market it against Corona as the preferred beach beer. Perhaps I should have put a lime in it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Landshark Lager
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 09, 2009 04:56PM

I am currently drinking a Bud Light Lime and it is gooooood.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 09, 2009 06:48PM

I prefer Yuengling myself, and Killian's Red if they don't have Yuengling. I MIGHT take a Michelob if I have no choice. There ARE some good American beers, but I don't recall ever enjoying a Bud, Miller, Busch, or Coors....EVER.

Oh, and I DO know Michelob is made by AB. It's the best of the worst for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2009 06:50PM by montequi.

Posted by: dolfans1 ()
Date: May 10, 2009 10:33AM

AB is not American - it's Belgian now. MillerCoors is not American, it's South African/Canadian.

There are a lot of great American breweries - Dogfish Head, Lagunitas, Stone, Fort Collins, Avery, Erie, Sierra Nevada, Left Hand... Even Samuel Adams (currently the largest US owned brewery). If you're looking for great Florida Breweries, try Firehouse (Miami), Cigar City (Tampa), or Lagniappe (Minneola).

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 10, 2009 11:12AM

dolfans1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> AB is not American - it's Belgian now.
> MillerCoors is not American, it's South
> African/Canadian.
>
Good point, but they're still crap.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 10, 2009 06:11PM

Regional breweries are the way to go. Even though they don't have the marketing budgets to do things like sponsor NFL arenas.

In New England, that means Harpoon, Long Trail, Shipyard and others.

I love how we can currently talk about beer and have it be relative to the Miami Dolphins thumbs up

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 11, 2009 07:49PM

montequi Wrote:
> I prefer Yuengling myself, and Killian's Red if
> they don't have Yuengling. I MIGHT take a
> Michelob if I have no choice. There ARE some good
> American beers, but I don't recall ever enjoying a
> Bud, Miller, Busch, or Coors....EVER.
>
> Oh, and I DO know Michelob is made by AB. It's
> the best of the worst for me.

Killian's is made by coors.

if you want an american beer that tastes like something, you need to get a sam, sierra nevada, pete's, bells, something like that. I've never had a landshark beer but I am sure it sucks....

Date: May 12, 2009 05:03AM

Here are Plato’s world beer report rankings, as reported by Reuters in millions of hectoliters sold:

1. Snow 61.0

2. Bud Light 55.6

3. Budweiser 43.4

4. Skol (Brazil) 35.4

5. Corona 32.7

6. Heineken 29.1

It's all about personal preference and taste. To say Americans "don't know any better" just makes you a beer snob. Some people like sushi, some don't. Does that make it bad or good...No.

As long as there are people to make a product, there will always be some pompous shmo around the corner to criticize it and pretend he knows more than everyone else.

Anyone care to guess what American beer won the top prize for best American-style light lager at the 2008 World Beer Cup?

Old Milwaukee Light.

Now anyone knows that this is what you buy when you are short on cash....not because it taste so much better....unless you ask the old imigrants down at the VFW who have been drinking it for 40 years who will fight you if you say otherwise.

Germans think they have the market cornered on beer because the country is full of alcoholics. Anyone that goes there comes back a beer expert. So they make fun of Americans....WOW....imagine that! A country in Europe that doesn't like an American product. That is astonishing.

besides after two or three beers...who cares....as long as there is more!

You've been rubbing my nose in it since I got here! Your family is better than my family, your beer comes from farther away than my beer, you and your son like each other, your wife's butt is higher than my wife's butt! You make me sick!-Homer Simpson

.....................................................................................

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 12, 2009 05:11AM

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: May 12, 2009 05:19AM

smoking smiley and I'm drinking starbucks solo venti java chip

Date: May 12, 2009 05:39AM

DaytonaDolfan13 Wrote:
> smoking smiley and I'm drinking starbucks solo venti java
> chip

I like the Java Chip Frappuccino from starbucks. Its a mocha Frappuccino with chocolate chip-like things blended in, served with whipped cream and chocolate drizzled on top.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: May 12, 2009 06:31AM

Man, Starbucks is expensive.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: May 12, 2009 06:35AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Man, Starbucks is expensive.

It is.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: May 12, 2009 07:09AM

i take mine with no whip

Date: May 12, 2009 07:33AM

I really like cool whip....Remember that movie..... do the right thing?????

Remember that scene when rosie lopes buys a pizza so that she can see mookie???Remember that scene???

Instead of " ice " its coolwhip for me!

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: May 12, 2009 07:34AM

Date: May 12, 2009 07:37AM

Quote...........thank god for the right knee.....

Quote...........thank god for the left elbow....

Quote...........thank god for the ( insert your freaky thought here )

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: May 12, 2009 08:08AM

JC Wrote:
> Regional breweries are the way to go. Even though
> they don't have the marketing budgets to do things
> like sponsor NFL arenas.
>
> In New England, that means Harpoon, Long Trail,
> Shipyard and others.
>
> I love how we can currently talk about beer and
> have it be relative to the Miami Dolphins thumbs up

Finally something that brings me back. Beer!!smileys with beer
Colorado has more regional breweries that any other state.
If you like a hearty bear, you must try Fat Tire. Made in the Breckenridge Brewery I believe. Another that is made in Canada is Blue Moon. I get ticked when bars are out of either of these.
Landshark? Never heard of it.
Go Phins!!!!!!! And have another on me.smileys with beer

Date: May 12, 2009 10:20AM

fat tire is great. they don't sell it on the east coast but when I lived in New Mexico I used to guzzle that stuff like it was going out of style.

Date: May 12, 2009 11:04AM

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: May 12, 2009 12:52PM

Molson Dry is the way to go. I discovered this particular beer on a trip up to Canada, and although most Molson beer isn't very good, Molson Dry is fantastic. Unfortunately, since then I've never been able to find it anywhere in the US. The Canadians are keeping the good stuff for themselves.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: May 12, 2009 01:56PM

Now I want to try a Fat Tire. If you are ever in the Richmond, Va area, then you should try a Legend Brewery Beer. My personal favorite is the Porter, but their Brown Ale is good as well.

Over the years, I have made a party out of beer taste tests. My original intent was to prove that people could not tell the difference between the average American beers and their light counterparts. It later turned into a fun game to do at parties. Most people assume they will definitely tell the difference between their preferred beer and the others. Never once has anyone picked their beer amongst the 7 minimum choices. I use numbered Dixie cups and saltines to cleanse the palet. Everytime a less expensive beer turns up in the top 3. Milwaukee's Best, Old Milwaukee, and Busch usually fair better than Bud, Coors, and Miller. Natural Light and Busch Light consistently rank among the best lights. Sorry Miller Light and Bud Light, but that has been the case. Excuse the pun.

Now when I find it, Strohs Beer often ranks first and is always in the top 3. No joke. It just has a little more flavor than the others. Unfortunatley, I can no longer find it in the Richmond area. I used to have to buy it in an 18 pack at a store named Total Wine. Now I can't include it. Interestingly, I saw a Consumer Reports magazine a few years back that confirmed my results. Strohs was ranked number 1 among domestic beers.

In the end, everybody admits that with the exception of Strohs, they cannot tell the difference between any of them. Yet when I see them later, they continue to purchase the more expensive brands. Marketing is a powerful thing. It really isn't about the taste when it comes to those beers. It is all about image and brand names. Companies like A-B, Miller, and Coors simply charge more for some beers, not because they cost more to make, but because some people want to pay more for a perceived quality that doesn't really exist. It is so true that there is a sucker born every minute.

Knowing what I know, I will buy Natural Light or Beast when I drink large quantities. For taste and in small quantities, I usually sample various microbrews. After all, variety is the spice of life.

In addition, if you have never brewed your own beer, then you should try it. A beer tastes that much better when you brew it yourself. My father was never prouder of me than when I used to supply him my version of a Newcastle Brown.

Date: May 12, 2009 02:32PM

if you are more into beers like bud and coors (and they can be good too, when u are plan on having more than 3 or so) a great beer was Dixie Beer from New Orleans. It was real hard to find, and I heard that the brewery was destroyed in katrina and it's not made any more. but if you were looking to kick back with about 6-10 beers, Dixie was the way to go!

just about the only beers I don't like are MGD,rolling rock, and yuengling.

Date: May 13, 2009 06:47AM

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: May 13, 2009 08:37AM

Date: May 13, 2009 09:43AM

I will definitely make a toast tonight....

To the signing of Jason Taylor and to the shizit running down Tom Brady's, Mark Sanchez and Trent Edward's leg. smileys with beer

Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 13, 2009 09:48AM

Yeah, remember Brady being asked at a press conference when the Skins signed JT? "I think it's awesome...huh huh huh" with a bucktoothed grin on his face. I hope JT mops the turf with him.

Date: May 13, 2009 09:57AM

I bet his surgically repaired knee started twitching when he got the news.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water....

Date: May 13, 2009 11:08AM

As long as jt didnt sign with new england...........WE GOT HIM BACK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES i will drink to that....

smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer
smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: May 14, 2009 11:39AM

> I've never had a landshark beer but I am sure it sucks....

Berkely ... I too have never tried a landshark ... I could not however allow my fingers to get these words out. eye rolling smiley

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.