HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The QB Situation.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The QB Situation.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 08, 2018 11:09AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The QB Situation.
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 08, 2018 11:31AM

Regardless of what your opinion of Tannehill is, good or bad, there is absolutely no justification for not taking a QB in next years draft that will at least push him if not replace him outright. Having Osweiler and Fales didn't push him one iota. You might as well have had Carrot Top backing him up. Hopefully whoever replaces Tannenbaum, Grier, and Gase will be the one making that call (and yes I'm hoping and praying that Miami's version of the 3 Stooges are fired immediately at season's end).

Date: October 08, 2018 01:54PM

Exactly how i feel.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 08, 2018 04:48PM

Have to

Drew Brees sad smiley

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 08, 2018 08:15PM

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 09, 2018 02:50AM

Realistically, how much was he going to learn from watching Cutler?
I never have been very high on Tannehill. Just from watching him play it was obvious that the game never really slowed down for him. Just like not all people who can talk can ever become auctioneers, not all physical freaks can become good QBs.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: October 09, 2018 04:25AM

Im not saying Tannehill is the best thing since Marino.

However we have all seen recently what he can do when he has decent protection. How many starting players did he lose since day 1?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: October 09, 2018 05:16AM

The QB from Oregon is 6'6" with a cannon for an arm and quite mobile. He has all the qualities. Go watch the first half of the Stanford game when he shredded there defense. I say draft him if you can!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 09, 2018 07:20AM

Date: October 09, 2018 08:06AM

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 09, 2018 08:51AM

Date: October 09, 2018 09:32AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What I don't want is Tannenboob, Grier, or Gase
> anywhere near the decision-making on that pick.
>
> spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Hmmm, that leaves the biggest boob of them
> all, Ross to make picks. Either way..."we've got
> a problem Houston." Ugh!

Well, it goes without saying that I don't want Ross to make the call either. The only thing I want Ross to do is fire the 3 Stooges, hire a smart young GM from an organization that's had some degree of success. Employ someone like Ron Wolf for the sole purpose of interviewing and hiring a GM. Then I want Ross to do no more than sit his skinny ass in his overpriced luxury box, shut up, and let the smart guys make the calls.

Date: October 09, 2018 09:36AM

And who phone fire ross? Who?

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 11, 2018 02:26PM

After watching a pretty good break down of the second half meltdown against the Bengals...the reason we lost the game is 90% on the complete ineptitude of the offensive line...Most notably Larson, James, Aikens and Young. They routinely got beat at the snap on most plays. RT had rushers in his face before he got to bottom of his drop on most plays.

Not sure what people expect RT to do when he has zero time. RT had guys in his face before our receivers made their breaks on a lot of plays...so nowhere for him to go. He did make mistakes to be sure but the line is THE problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2018 02:33PM by Ken.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 11, 2018 08:34PM

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 12, 2018 01:19AM

I agree. It seems Tannehill is good enough against the bad teams but fails against the well-coached, good teams. That's an issue he is now too old to resolve. The franchise is going to have to move on.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: October 12, 2018 02:14AM

toko34 Wrote:
> I agree. It seems Tannehill is good enough against
> the bad teams but fails against the well-coached,
> good teams. That's an issue he is now too old to
> resolve. The franchise is going to have to move
> on.

I really do like Tanne and think he could help a team that has all around talent. We do not have that. He is not going to scare any team. The play calling does not help one bit. The O-line is garbage. They continue to try and run the ball up the middle with our shifty RB's.

I thought we were turning a corner and then injuries started to pile up and the play calling became weak yet again. I truly believe that we will suck until the entire structure is blown up. HC, DC, GM and owner all need to go!!!!!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 12, 2018 03:01AM

I have no doubt Bill Belichick would win w/ Tanne or he would win with our current roster. As I said before the season if we fail this year its on the coaches. Front office improved the offensive line. F/o brought in a starting guard and center. All we heard from Gase in the preseason was that Jesse Davis was a stud, Sam Young could play if needed. Asiata was on the reserve squad.

I'm giving the front office a pass here this is on the coaches. Injuries happen gotta account for them and have players like Asiata and Young ready to go. If a guy like Asiata is not ready to go why keep him on the roster?

Keep the play calling to your teams strengths. As mentioned stop sending your rbs into a stone wall. This is on the coaches.

Tanne is Tanne again gotta play to his strengths. He is 30 now we gotta move on and upgrade.

Difference between him and Jason Campbell is that Campbell played for a new o coordinator all 4 of his years at Auburn and I think played for a different OC in 8 of his 9 nfl years. He never developed. Tanne has been with the same team his entire career and really has not elevated his game.

Date: October 12, 2018 06:15AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> I have no doubt Bill Belichick would win w/ Tanne
> or he would win with our current roster.

I doubt that even Bellichick could put enough lipstick on this pig of an offensive line to make it look like anything more than a pig. Seriously, trying to mount an offense with the likes of Jessie Davis, Ted Larsen, and Travis Swanson as the interior of your line is impossible. Young trying to play tackle is even worse. There's a reason no other team wanted these guys. They stink. You can spray a gallon of perfume on a turd, but it's still going to be a turd and smell bad. Tannenbaum, Grier, and Gase all share blame for it. Tannenbaum for signing these free agent losers and not getting more competent backups, Grier for not drafting anyone in the mid to later rounds that's developed well enough to step in when a starter is injured, and Gase for signing off on this collection of stiffs.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 12, 2018 10:59AM

RT questionable with shoulder injury. Wake doutful. If Osweieller plays it's gonna be a really long day.

Date: October 12, 2018 12:09PM

Why not Falk? The rest of his classmates are doing fine.

Date: October 12, 2018 12:40PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Why not Falk? The rest of his classmates are
> doing fine.

Falk is on IR.

Date: October 12, 2018 01:36PM

Whoa. That's right. And there is even a thread about it misspelled "Fauk on IR."

Then replace what I said with "We're screwed."

Date: October 12, 2018 06:50PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> Realistically, how much was he going to learn from
> watching Cutler?
> I never have been very high on Tannehill. Just
> from watching him play it was obvious that the
> game never really slowed down for him. Just like
> not all people who can talk can ever become
> auctioneers, not all physical freaks can become
> good QBs.

What he could have learned from Cutler wasn't what we wanted him to learn, but there were many opposing QB's that he could have learned from. Unfortunately, he seems to have learned from Cutler.

Rick

Date: October 13, 2018 04:47PM

Fins72 Wrote:
> colonel Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What I don't want is Tannenboob, Grier, or Gase
> > anywhere near the decision-making on that pick.
> >
> > spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Hmmm, that leaves the biggest boob of them
> > all, Ross to make picks. Either way..."we've
> got
> > a problem Houston." Ugh!
>
>
> Well, it goes without saying that I don't want
> Ross to make the call either. The only thing I
> want Ross to do is fire the 3 Stooges, hire a
> smart young GM from an organization that's had
> some degree of success. Employ someone like Ron
> Wolf for the sole purpose of interviewing and
> hiring a GM. Then I want Ross to do no more than
> sit his skinny ass in his overpriced luxury box,
> shut up, and let the smart guys make the calls.

To be fair, that is what Ross does. But, I think hiring a guy like Ron Wolf as a consultant in a hiring search would be a good idea if such a search is needed.

Rick

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 13, 2018 05:51PM

I'm "Questionable" to watch this game too. I got bruised eyes and a heart that hasn't been right since Marino retired.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.