HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins add OL Quinn
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins add OL Quinn
Posted by: noetic ()
Date: May 09, 2009 09:36AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins add OL Quinn
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 09, 2009 09:43AM

I have no idea why they are wasting their time like that.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: May 09, 2009 03:12PM

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: May 09, 2009 04:13PM

use him as an example for other players. Bring in a "bad guy" with skills who has had a ton of off the field issues. Know he is going to FAIL. Let all the new rookies see him FAIL.

Sends the message of.......hey don't want to be like this bum. A wasted talent. Stay clean.

Date: May 09, 2009 04:30PM

I just don't think people like this can really, truly change. The only thing that changes, is that fear briefly motivates them and once again offers them a small taste of success. But once that fear subsides, they're still the same person. Just ask Pacman Jones, or any of the Bengals.

Personally, it doesn't affect me. I would just hate to see a rookie come to camp with this guy and be influenced negatively by him. If I were a coach or GM, I would do everything in my power to keep any type of cancer out of the locker room, even if it meant making a sacrifice in talent.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 09, 2009 04:54PM

I'd like to see Cameron Wake become a leader on this team and take guys like this under his wing. Wake made a major change in his own life. Maybe Quinn can as well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2009 04:55PM by montequi.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 09, 2009 04:55PM

People like this? Do you know the guy? Have you ever even heard of him before yesterday.

He got a DUI....ok, I'm sure he paid for it. Look at all the politicians, judges and police officers that have gotten DUI's. Are they bad people because they made a bad decision. I'm sure that some are but that doesn't mean they all are. I personally know of several judges who go to bars on their lunch hour and guzzle about 4-5 martinis and then go back into the court room and make decisions that will severely effect peoples lives for years to come.

It's the same ole government hypocrisy. Drinking is legal. One of the most mood altering drugs there is in the world. They know that but expect people to make sound decisions while under the influence.

Like PF-2 said, most everyone who drinks that has a DL has done the same thing...and he also had a great point on the "taking money" issue.

To compare him to Pacman is unfair. I haven't heard of him being involved in any shootings at strip clubs.

College students are idiots. That's what they do. I have no idea how I even lived past 25 years old but I don't do those things any more. I changed and so did most of the people I know from back in the day.

You are talking about an 18-20 year old kid here. If 18 year olds never changed, we would all be in a world of shiz.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: May 09, 2009 05:00PM

Noetic..are you a priest? Probably never made a mistake in your life...right?

Wake up buddy...90% of these guys have done this...only they were never caught!

Date: May 09, 2009 07:02PM

Oh I didn't realize it was alright to fraudulently take money as long as everyone else is doing it. My accountant will like that.

I've never met the guy. I don't personally know him. What I do know about him is the fact that he doesn't fix the problem when he makes a mistake. One DUI? Partially understandable. Granted I've been out drinking many, many times and I've never been dumb enough not to call a cab or get a friend to drive. Two DUIs? Laughable. You would have to be an absolute idiot to get two DUIs a year apart from one another, especially after being kicked out of school. That's what this guy is. An idiot. And we shouldn't be employing stupid football players.

I'm certainly not a saint, and I'm not a child molester so I obviously can't be a priest. I've made plenty of mistakes in my life. When I was in college I got busted for smoking pot. But you know what? I stopped smoking pot. Easy solution. When I make a mistake, I take responsibility for my actions, and I fix it. I don't let it happen again a year later.

That's all I need to know about this guy. Here's to hoping he doesn't blow his second chance...or rather, his fourth chance.

Posted by: RW13 ()
Date: May 10, 2009 05:45AM

Well, my brother spent several years in and out of jail and had multiple DUI's. His last time in jail he vowed to never drink again and start over. He did just that and for 15 years he was one of the best people you could ever know. He died of cancer 1 day before turning 41 and he was proof to me that people can change. Especially if they are still young enough to know they have a life ahead of them.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 10, 2009 03:57PM

I dunno he seems like a giant jerk to me--you hear his phone call with those OKla reporters?

Date: May 10, 2009 07:51PM

well all celebs and people who got alot of money, and drink drink under the influence all the time, and yes he's about the money, selfish, but as long as he shows up for work and puts a good days in without driving drunk, then im cool with it, and the phone call means selfish but has attitude, which is great for a o-lineman.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: May 15, 2009 11:15AM

There's a good chance he's pretty tired of being a nobody.

Posted by: Rmorc13 ()
Date: May 16, 2009 03:49AM

Everybody deserves a second chance. Now we will se how he follows the rules.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.