HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Will Gase never Learn?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Will Gase never Learn?
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 07, 2018 12:46PM

This game frustrated me. I've been bitching about Gase's handling of the running game, and I think this game proves my point. He called a balanced game in the first half and the early part of the third quarter, then on 3rd and 1 when we needed a sustained drive, he calls a deep pass which was incomplete, and ruins the rhythm of the offense. He lamented in his presser that "we couldn't sustain a rhythm", but up till then, the offense WAS in a good rhythm, he ruined the rhythm himself. At that point, we were at 17-3 and had the momentum. After the 3rd and 1 call, we lost the momentum and the collapse began. I have heard that the o-line, which had played well in the first half and beyond, went in the crapper when Tunsil got hurt. While it certainly didn't help, is it sensible that the loss of a player that has been vilified for lackluster play could be the reason for the collapse of the O-line? I don't think so, I think it is the cumulative effect of losing three starters to injury. I believe that this can also be laid at Gase's feet, because on a running play, the blocker delivers the blow, and in the passing game he receives it, making him more vulnerable to injury.
A balanced offense was working admirably, then it seems that Gase got greedy and abandoned the run game for a primarily passing one. How many yards did Gore get in the first half, how many in the second? In the first half and a little beyond, we had short 3rd downs because we had good production on first and second downs, mostly in the run game with Gore and occasionally Drake. We got away from that later in the game, producing a lot of 3rd and 17s and suchlike, throttling our own offense and forcing the defense to be on the field far longer than they should have been.
Gase calls an imaginative passing game, but when he gets away from the running game or calls slow developing and low probability runs (as he did at Oakland and last week) so that he can call an exclusively passing offense, he hurts the team. I hope he learns this soon, or pass the playcalling duties to Dowell Loggains.
Opinions?

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2018 01:05PM by dolphan4545.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Will Gase never Learn?
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: October 07, 2018 02:29PM

Gase is a joke.

And everyone above him is even a bigger joke.

From Ross, to Tannenbum, to Chris Grier.

Ross made the mistake, a huge mistake of bringing in multiple time loser, Mike Tannenbaum.

Then, Tannenbaum goes on a very UN-exhausting GM search, and promotes Chris Grier to GM. WHY?! What has Chris Grier ever done besides find the likes of Johnathan Martin and Dion Jordan?!
I argue he should have been fired along with Ireland, or at least Dickey!
But no, he gets a promotion by the laziest Presidents of Football Operations ever.

Then, these two geniuses target the likes of Adam Gase.

What?!!...Who?!!..... Is exactly what I thought when I heard the news.

In just three short years it's obvious that he's an over-rated OC posing as an HC.

It's Steve, Mike, and Chris... in "The 3-Stooges Disgrace Miami" coming to an NFL stadium near you.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 07, 2018 03:21PM

First, let me say nice post socalphin. But Rick, you've been on every side of every issue in the long years since you've been on this board. No matter what happens, you come back and say "I told you so" which is true but it is also true that you also took the opposite position on whatever issue that might be.

Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: October 07, 2018 03:32PM

I don't mind the aggressive play call, especially if they have the right look from the defense. Its just frustrating the lack of deep ball connection those two have at times... Other times it seems good.

I think a collapse like this make you start second guessing everything.

Date: October 07, 2018 07:24PM

I was looking for reasoned responses, but I suppose I should have been prepared for hysterical "blame everybody" posts. I should have waited 'till Wednesday to post this.

Rick

Date: October 07, 2018 07:30PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> First, let me say nice post socalphin. But Rick,
> you've been on every side of every issue in the
> long years since you've been on this board. No
> matter what happens, you come back and say "I told
> you so" which is true but it is also true that you
> also took the opposite position on whatever issue
> that might be.

I have NEVER said "I told you so", I take a position and support it. My current position is one I have advocated all season. If you believe I have taken contrary points of view, prove it. If you disagree with my post, then state your opposing opinions and support them. Vague accusations made as fact mean nothing. Prove it.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2018 08:03PM by dolphan4545.

Date: October 07, 2018 08:13PM

I don't mind agressive playcalling, either. I just believe that a deep pass on a 3rd and 1 situation in which you needed to sustain a drive because your opponent has just scored for the first time in the game and your running game is working well was a misguided decision. Don't let them get something going. You've got a drive going, so you get the first down, then you continue to attack the defense and maybe get some more points.

Rick

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 07, 2018 08:28PM

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 08, 2018 12:29AM

Stills was the second option on that play. If you rewatch it the RB coming in motion to the side tanny rolled got chipped by the DE and threw off his route. It was a high percentage dump off for the first.

Stills quit on his route. He didn't sell it one bit. That said, none of it happens if you just run the ball.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 08, 2018 05:27AM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 08, 2018 08:08AM

Gase needs to give up play calling and we need an Offensive Coordinator that can get the job done...not thrilled with the job Burke is soo g either.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.