HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Landshark Stadium???
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Landshark Stadium???
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 09, 2009 11:28AM

Its named after a beer. And not a bad one at that. And its Jimmy Buffet's beer. If you don't get why Jimmy Buffet and the Miami Dolphins aren't a good match, then you probably didn't grow up in SoFla.

Plus Land Shark cracks me up. There will be a deep element of mockery as we kick the Patsies up and down the field in Land Shark Stadium.

For once I agree with Panterize. This is sweet!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 09, 2009 11:35AM

LOL!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: May 09, 2009 02:42PM

I don't have any dislike for the selling of rights to the stadium name but they could have done a better job with the names...I agree that Landshark does not fit but then again what would have fit and still brought in revenue for the team.

As for Landshark Beer itself it is simply an OK product. There are very few beers made by any of the major manufacturers that are truly good...JMO, but that’s why they make so many types of beers.

The fact is though the few beers being made by the major manufacturers that are any good are the ones that they bought from domestic or foreign microbreweries. So they really didn't start out as products of the major label. Anyway, consistently the best American beers are made by Samuel Adams. I just hate the way they do the seasonal thing...some of their best work is only available for limited times and in very limited quantities.

Now, if they put "Landshark, the official beer of the Miami Dolphins" on the labels along with the team logo then I could get behind it Mo' Betta.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 09, 2009 04:34PM

If you go to Europe, they don't drink the local beer, they drink Budweiser which is the premium beer there. "The grass is always greener".

Look at it in the context of... Bruce Willis's character in Striking Distance. He ambushes an opponent and announces, "Land shark."

Ronnie Brown plows over Teddy Bruschi at the goal line in his usual bruising form, knocking him on his arse...."Land Shark!"

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: May 09, 2009 05:38PM

Quote:

"If you go to Europe, they don't drink the local beer, they drink Budweiser which is the premium beer there. "The grass is always greener"."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I just came back from being stationed in Germany.......Budweiser was not drank over there. Local beer was the norm. Germans mock American beer.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolfans1 ()
Date: May 10, 2009 10:38AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> I just came back from being stationed in
> Germany.......Budweiser was not drank over there.
> Local beer was the norm. Germans mock American
> beer.

Agreed. When I was over there several years ago, you couldn't find Budweiser (thank God). Every town had their own brewery, and that's what the locals drank.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 10, 2009 11:20AM

I should have said England...not Europe but I'm sure they aren't the only country. At least that is what a Brit told me at a Buc's game a few years ago.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 10, 2009 01:55PM

The last Company that got naming rights to Joe RObbie STadium, was Pro Player, a company that sank to the bottom and right into bankrupcy, I just have a funny feeling that Land shark will be following Pro Player into catastrophic failure.... I think it is bad news to take a stadiums naming rights away from a dead guy. This is giving me a bad feeling in my stomach about our new owner probably much like landshark itself....
It is almost as stupid as Winston Cup becomeing Nextel Series, for one year, just before Nextel shut down... If you are going to name the stadium something lets shoot for a longterm positive and successful company next. LandShark STadium and logo sucks!!! GO back to Michigan with that crappy decision making Mr Ross

Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 10, 2009 06:51PM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: May 11, 2009 09:56AM

I spent six years in West Germany and visited every western country there is as well as a couple of the old Soviet Pact countries. I never saw a Budweiser that was not in the class six store...or being drunk by a new in country American that didn't know any better.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: June 23, 2009 05:09AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 23, 2009 07:45AM

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: June 23, 2009 08:09AM

its interesting that its going to be called LANDSHARK STADIUM all season. But the contract ends in January.......so for the Super Bowl it will be called DOLPHINS STADIUM.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.