Home
THIS SITE
  About Phins.com
  Contact Us
  Staff
TEAM NEWS
  Team Info
  Twitter Feeds
  News Wire
  XML News
  Subscribe using any news reader
  News Articles
  Mobile News
  On Porpoise
GAMES
  Schedule
PERSONNEL
  Roster
  Depth Chart
  Training Camp
  Draft
FOR THE FANS
  Forums
  Places To Watch
  Dolphins Links
  Game Tickets
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute
  News Archive
  Past Games
  Transactions
  Past Rosters
SUPPORT PHINS.COM
  Dolphins Fan Shop
  Phins.com Apparel
 
-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com
 
  Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Backup QB situation
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Backup QB situation
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: May 06, 2018 07:21AM

Osweiler, Fales, or Bryce Petty. Wow. I guess Ryan Leaf wasn't available? Seriously, it's almost as if Tannenbaum is purposely sticking it in the eyes of fans who've been critical of the off-season moves. "You don't like my trade of Landry? Get a load of who I'm going to have backing up Tannehill." The Dolphins roster may be the best evidence the Kaepernick legal team need in their collusion action. Whether you hate Kaepernick for the kneeling thing or not, there's no way that anyone can make the case that he's not a more viable option at QB than any of the three guys backing up Tannehill. Hell, I'd rather have Tebow as the back up than any of these stiffs. Petty sports a 57 QB rating in his starts with the jets. It's unbelievable. They'd better wrap Ryan in bubble wrap because if he goes down, they'd be better off letting Ballage run the Wildcat on every down then have any of these three losers under center.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 06, 2018 07:35AM

Maybe they're just going to watch the waiver wire during preseason and then just grab someone else's backup who didn't make the cut.

I'm not saying I'm a huge fan of that strategy, but maybe that's what they're thinking.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: May 06, 2018 09:52AM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe they're just going to watch the waiver wire
> during preseason and then just grab someone else's
> backup who didn't make the cut.
>
> I'm not saying I'm a huge fan of that strategy,
> but maybe that's what they're thinking.


Let's hope so because I honestly don't think what they have on the roster currently would be good enough to play Arena Football much less in the NFL. I'm just sick of Gase signing his old players. At least if they'd been decent when he coached them, that would be one thing but he brings in players that stink thinking he can make them decent. It hasn't happened yet and I think it's time for him to get the message.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 06, 2018 11:44AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Maybe they're just going to watch the waiver
> wire
> > during preseason and then just grab someone
> else's
> > backup who didn't make the cut.
> >
> > I'm not saying I'm a huge fan of that strategy,
> > but maybe that's what they're thinking.
>
>
> Let's hope so because I honestly don't think what
> they have on the roster currently would be good
> enough to play Arena Football much less in the
> NFL.

AMEN!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Date: May 06, 2018 01:37PM

Your forgetting 1 thing.......Adam Gase. In his hands a once shitty QB could become very serviceable. But I wouldn't get my panties in a bunch. Relax . This is just camp. Bodies will be everywhere. Ever been to a Dolphins practice lately? They have multiple fields with entire squads doing one thing and others doing another. They literally just need a person throwing a ball. No different then a ham an egg semi amateur fighter sitting in as sparring partner. I doubt Byrce will make the first cut. But he will be trying . And the more competition the better.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 06, 2018 02:26PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: May 06, 2018 11:52PM

Exactly what QBs has Gase groomed? Which ones has he made into quality QBs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: May 07, 2018 04:02AM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Exactly what QBs has Gase groomed? Which ones has
> he made into quality QBs.


I'm guessing that some might answer that question by bringing up the the year Tebow led the Broncos to the playoffs. Outside of that, I'm not seeing much in Gase's QB whisperer resume. He got a decent season out of Cutler while with the Bears, but it didn't translate into a winning season. You can't give him much credit for Manning's year in Denver because Manning was a finished product and the defacto offensive coordinator. The Cutler experiment didn't work last year. Honestly, I think Gase has gotten all together too much credit for what Manning did in Denver. That's the reason I was hoping for Doug Marrone to be hired instead of Gase. More on his resume.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: May 07, 2018 05:17AM

There were only two QB's in the draft we would have taken...Mayfield and Darnold.

Obviously, our brain trust wants a veteran backup...and not not one named Moore.

They also apparently want a younger backup as well.

We will see if we pick up some other player later, once more moves get made.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Date: May 07, 2018 05:44AM

Lol. Lime a good lawyer Chyrene keeps using choice terms to invent a point " like we got beat out" of QB Rosen. If we wanted him or any other QB we would have chosen one. The fact is we have a very capable QB and chose to surround him with weapons, and beef up a defense against other teams rookie QBs.

Deal with it. Tannehill was killing it before the injury to a knee.not a throwing arm. He will be fine. Only those that wished against him before will continue to make a big deal about it into the pre season.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 07, 2018 06:05AM

Nobody in this site wished anything bad to tannehill.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2018 06:15AM by samsam3738.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Date: May 07, 2018 09:11AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nobody in this site wished anything bad to
> tannehill.


Maybe not.....but you certainly didn't wish anything good for him either.winking smiley

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 07, 2018 10:49AM

Don't waste your breath, SamSam.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 07, 2018 11:38AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Nobody in this site wished anything bad to
> > tannehill.
>
>
> Maybe not.....but you certainly didn't wish
> anything good for him either.winking smiley


dude what kind of statement is that?

And yes chren iam wasting my breath.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Date: May 07, 2018 12:26PM

Your right Sam. You were his biggest supporter. My bad......

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 07, 2018 12:38PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your right Sam. You were his biggest supporter. My
> bad......


Just because me and chren wanted some other player to back him up just in case hecouldnt play doesnt mean we dont support him or dont want good things for him.


Player that can push him to do better.

If he was afraid of losing his job he would ovbiously push himself to do better or get better.

But looks like you wanted no competetion for him.

Congrats you got your wish.

Tannehill is going to start this year.

Lets hope he stays healthy or else the year is over.

You so blind for tannehill you say these backups that we have are good qbs.

YOU ARE BLIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 07, 2018 12:50PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 08, 2018 04:42AM

TCPF everytime tannehill plays like trash i will say he is a scrub.


Its part of been a fan.


And god knows he has had some terrible games.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 08, 2018 04:44AM

And once he makes a stinky again this year i will say the same thing TCPF.

And you will critisize him too. ITS PART OF BEEN A FAN.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 08, 2018 04:46AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SamSam, to what you wrote, I say, as one of my
> favorite singers, Randy Travis, says "Forever and
> ever, Amen"


smileys with beer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Date: May 08, 2018 06:47AM

ANSWER:

A lot of generalizations there.......so if I see a lousy fan with terrible draft need judgement....I'm going to call it.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 08, 2018 02:37PM

Right.smoking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 08, 2018 05:47PM

Time for some Spring Cleaning.

I have removed several additional pieces of trash, in the form of garbage posts, from this thread.

Once again, it is not acceptable to insult each other. Discuss, argue, don't troll, don't insult, don't call each other names.

Not closing the thread because it is still capable of being on topic. Because I believe in you guys.

Carry on.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2018 05:48PM by JC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: May 08, 2018 07:54PM

Tannehill is very durable and this was his first major injury as a Dolphin. He took a pounding playing with such a shitty o-line for this team until this happened. The dude is one helluva of an athlete, it's not like he'll go down for a season again as soon as he takes a hit. Give him some credit where it's due. So what...Is he permanently crippled? Is he walking with a gimp? I'm pretty sure if he was washed up he'd already be gone.

I'm not really worried about his backup situation, it could be Pee Wee Herman or Jesus Christ himself for all I care. Look at it this way...If a season gets tanked because of another injury to him then we'll have a better draft spot to get a replacement for him, so in all actuality, the cup is half full.


**Edit** Maybe the management should give Curtis Painter a call lol



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2018 07:57PM by 808phan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Date: May 09, 2018 03:15AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 09, 2018 09:07AM

808 said it well.....And thats the only logical explanation we can give to this situation.

The dolphins do or die with tannehill.

Tannehill stays healthy we make a run.

Tannehill gets injured again season over therefore we get a bad record and draft really high next year and get that much needed qb.

Only question is did we passed on a really good one this year that there was a really good qb class?

Hopefully next year we have some scrap left.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 09, 2018 10:39AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Date: May 09, 2018 11:44AM

Re read it. As usual You only see what you want to see. They mentioned ALL had flaws , potential sure......but nothing sure fire.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 09, 2018 01:09PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Backup QB situation
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: May 09, 2018 01:10PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 808 said it well.....And thats the only logical
> explanation we can give to this situation.
>
> The dolphins do or die with tannehill.
>
> Tannehill stays healthy we make a run.
>
> Tannehill gets injured again season over therefore
> we get a bad record and draft really high next
> year and get that much needed qb.
>
> Only question is did we passed on a really good
> one this year that there was a really good qb
> class?
>
> Hopefully next year we have some scrap left.

****************************************************

Sam, who knows what the hell goes on in the NFL year after year.

RT may be fully healed and have a great season, but on the other hand, something may happen during the season, and it may not even be his knee. One never knows.

In the NFL, strange things happen. RT goes down, Oz comes in and plays well; maybe Fales is the guy; maybe Petty is the guy. No one knows. Bledsoe went down and in trots Brady (a 6th round pick). Bledsoe never got his job back. Dilfer was an OK QB. He leads the Ravens to a Super Bowl. Griese goes down; career backup Morrall comes in and leads the Fins to an undefeated season.

What I am saying, Sam, is that anything can happen. We all hope RT stays healthy and leads the Fins to a Super Bowl, or at the least, to the playoffs. Although the "experts" don't think Miami did a good job in the draft, the plan was to draft for need, and that's what they did. Hopefully some of them play a major role. Guys coming back from last year that didn't play much (Asiata) also play a role, major or otherwise. Hey, maybe Parker plays out of his mind and ends up in the Pro Bowl.

Here's hoping everything goes well for the Fins and we have a successful season.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England
TOP
   
© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.