HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Does the National media dislike Miami?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Does the National media dislike Miami?
Date: May 04, 2018 02:50AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does the National media dislike Miami?
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: May 04, 2018 03:52AM

thumbs upAccurate summation. No one except fools expect an immediate turn around after a 6-10 season. This team is doing the right thing and slowly adding the pieces and components to transform into a winner. These Dolphins are probably somewhere in the 8-8 or 7-9 range right now, but look out in 2019!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: May 04, 2018 04:23AM

Here's where I differ in my opinion of what's happening. We got rid of Suh because of the cap. Okay. Probably needed to be done. The contract was onerous and probably we shouldn't have signed him in the first place. Who signed him to that onerous contract. Tannenbaum. We had to get rid of Landry because he wanted too much money. Okay. Let's say that's true. Could we have signed him to a more cap friendly contract a year earlier? Maybe. Why were we so cap strapped in the first place? Extensions to Alonso (10 million cap hit this year, Branch (10 million cap hit this year) TJ MacDonald (2.5 million cap hit this year) We trade for Quinn (11 million cap hit this year). Tannenbaum hands out contract money like a drunken sailor on leave after payday. I think it's decisions like this that make the national media looking in think that this is a rudderless ship. The perception of this team necessarily takes on the persona of the person running it. Tannenbaum has been incompetent his entire career and therefore by extension, the perception will be that the team is incompetent. I hope I'm wrong, but looking at this roster, I don't see more than 4 or 5 wins. The run defense will be horrendous. The receivers don't look like anything special. God forbid Tannehill goes down and Osweiler has to start any games, it's going to get even uglier. I've followed and loved this team since I was 12 years old but I'm not blind to the fact that they're being led by a man who will lead them to the number 1 overall pick in the draft.

Date: May 04, 2018 05:03AM

I agree, Landry could have been kept. I believe that had more to it then just money. GASE was not happy after Landry got ejected after the last game. SUH was too expensive and his impact on the defense wasn't that big. He was double teamed every play and No one else took advantage of it. Pouncy was a shell of what he once was.good riddance. But I really liked this draft. Could be a game changer for us.thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 04, 2018 07:04AM

Treasure, I think Suh had a greater impact than one might think. First off, he was rated as the #5 DT last year. We might quibble about how valid those rankings are, but the same ranking systems had Aaron Donald #1 (which most people will agree with). What Suh's lack of impact, if you want to call it that, shows is how inferior the remaining members of the D line were. I watched every game last year and Suh was routinely double and triple teamed. Offensive coordinators knew that if you could neutralize Suh, no one else on this defense would make a play. Cutting Suh, which no doubt had to be done, means that teams no longer have to account for the most dominant player on the defense. Belichick is probably salivating at the thought.

Yes, I liked some of this year's draft picks, but they by no means filled the multitude of holes on this roster. Fitzpatrick will be a good player but I'd still have taken Edmunds (which was by far the bigger need). Moreover, isn't it ironic that Tannenbaum extended the contract of a safety that was suspended for 8 games last year before he played a down for us. Then, after extending him, we use a first round pick on the same position. We still have the worst defensive line in the league. The linebackers are almost as bad. McMillian may be fine (we don't know) but Alonso stinks and Baker is a small linebacker who is known as a better cover guy than run stopper. I'm not sure he's going to be a three down player for us. Gesicki was a good pick. I'm not sure doubling up on TE was a great move given our lack of DTs. R.J. McIntosh or Maurice Hurst would have been better picks in my opinion.

The bottom line is that we lost a lot of good players off a team that was 6-10. We didn't come near to replacing them with equally good players. One other decision that could come back to haunt Miami is the back up QB. I was all for upgrading from Matt Moore. I like Moore, but he's getting old and had ample opportunity to show he could be a consistent player. He didn't. I don't think there's any way to view Osweiler or Fales as better backup options than Moore. Say what you want about Tannehill, like him or not, he's light years better than Osweiler or Fales. If Tannehill goes down, this team will be metaphorically circling the toilet bowl headed out to sea.

Get rid of Tannenbaum and put a competent guy in charge and we'll see improvement. Keep Tannenbaum, and watch the win totals go down each year.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 04, 2018 07:08AM

You going to see suh kicking butt this year since he is around a better supporting cast.

And we are going to see this dolphins run defense be as pourous as a phish net in 2018.

Date: May 04, 2018 07:22AM

Date: May 04, 2018 07:25AM

Date: May 04, 2018 07:32AM

Date: May 04, 2018 08:27AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You going to see suh kicking butt this year since
> he is around a better supporting cast.
>
> And we are going to see this dolphins run defense
> be as pourous as a phish net in 2018.

I agree he will excell elsewhere.We just never used SUH to our advantage. The PATS were interested.Belicheat would know how to use him.

As far as the 2 tightends.....that was a great need. Part of Tannehill succeeding is giving him players to help that. I didn't expect that...2! Shows what GASE is thinking up and I like it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 04, 2018 09:17AM

TCPF iam just relieved he did not go to the pats...

That would had been disastrous.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 04, 2018 11:05AM

Date: May 04, 2018 01:47PM

Date: May 04, 2018 02:18PM

Date: May 04, 2018 03:42PM

Date: May 04, 2018 04:17PM

Date: May 04, 2018 04:55PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I never said the #10 team wanted him.
>
>
> I didn't say you did. I said that the Dolphins
> were at 11 and St. Louis traded with the 10 team
> to draft Rosen because ST. LOUIS was thinking that
> UNLESS THEY DID..... the Dolphins would grab him,
> Rosen that is, at 11...get it??? So St. Louis had
> to move to 10 to prevent that. Get it????
>
> Point is that it not only me and SamSam that
> thought the Dolphins greatest need was QB.

Nope. The point is they went with #10 becuase they got a better deal.Oakland doesn't need much an took less then Miami was offering.GET IT?

There you go again.....cant you ever just make a point and stick with it on its own merits? Not only you and Sam thought we needed a QB? I don't care if you have a 1000 page petition.....gang mentality doesn't make you right.

I was the only one here that said moving up for Dion Jordan was bad. Everyone here was pumped......didnt make it right.

First round QB was a bad idea. For our team. Building up our defense will take out any rookie QB.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 04, 2018 05:30PM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: May 04, 2018 08:49PM

You guys are debating a moot point here as far as our first pick went. There were reports during and after the draft that we wanted no part of Rosen...reports are that there were only two QB's in this draft we would have taken with any pick.

Mayfield and Darnold.

The focus of this draft for us was speed and versatility...we succeeded as far as that goes.

Agree on Suh, too much money for too few impact plays. Also agree on Landry, He was in Gase's doghouse and he wanted more money than he was worth even though I personally would have paid him, simply based on his production and his value to "OUR" team.

Our offense will be better this season than it was last year...RT will make a huge difference and our new additions will have a positive impact as well.

Our defense will be able to do more things than we could last season because of our additions and we will be a MUCH faster team to boot. Our returning players will help immensely also. The only player that I see as a clear liability is Alonso unless he doesn't have to cover anybody. Our strategy at DT will be to rotate them so they all stay fresh...hope that works.

Overall, I think we will be better this season...however that may not show in wins and losses.

Date: May 04, 2018 08:54PM

You're right about the moot point. LOL. But we're just arguing about how the Dolphin drafters SHOULD HAVE felt. LOL.

Date: May 05, 2018 03:49AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Well, I don't remember rooting for us to draft
> Dion Jordan in that draft either so when you say
> you were the only one, I don't know what point you
> are making in a rebuttal to one of my posts.
>
> Back to the subject OF THE 2018 DRAFT, again, of
> course, neither you nor I was in any war room of
> any of the relevant NFL teams, meaning St. Louis,
> or the ORIGINAL NFL TEAM AT NUMBER 10, or the
> Dolphins but the higher you move, the more you
> have to pay.
>
> So what other EARTHLY reason would St. Louis trade
> up to number 10 EXCEPT TO PREVENT THE DOLPHINS
> FROM GRABBING ROSEN......LOL....PARTICULARLY
> BECAUSE THAT'S WHO THEY DRAFTED??????
>
> Why not trade with Miami and then draft
> Rosen???????
>
> Why not trade with the number 12 team AFTER Miami
> DIDN'T DRAFT ROSEN????? Why trade with the number
> 10 team????????
>
> What in the world are you talking
> about????????????????

Man you are Obtuse. They took #10 becuase tbey accepted the best deal. Everyone else wanted more then they were willing to give. Miami wanted Fitz and wasnt going to risk losing him unless someone made it worth thier while. Oakland is s much more complete team. They took less .It's that simple.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.