Home
THIS SITE
  About Phins.com
  Contact Us
  Staff
TEAM NEWS
  Team Info
  Twitter Feeds
  News Wire
  XML News
  Subscribe using any news reader
  News Articles
  Mobile News
  On Porpoise
GAMES
  Schedule
PERSONNEL
  Roster
  Depth Chart
  Training Camp
  Draft
FOR THE FANS
  Forums
  Places To Watch
  Dolphins Links
  Game Tickets
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute
  News Archive
  Past Games
  Transactions
  Past Rosters
SUPPORT PHINS.COM
  Dolphins Fan Shop
  Phins.com Apparel
 
-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com
 
  Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Stunned!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Stunned!!
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: April 27, 2018 01:43PM

I've gotta admit I was stunned by the pick our FO made at #11...that they didn't F it up this time!!
The same FO that I've called on this very board, the "3 stooges", "dumb and dumber", and "a monkey humping a football", got it absolutely RIGHT!
We've finally found the FS that this team has lacked ever since Dick Anderson retired....that's going back a ways.
In Minkah, we got a dude who's been mentioned with the likes of Charles Woodsen, and Preston Petersen.
A guy who was arguably the best player on a 2-time national championship team.
Honestly, we've had a gaping hole at FS for the last...ever. And don't say Rashad Jones, because he's been a barely average FS, and it's not his natural position. SS is.
Our secondary just got really good, and still very young, a must in today's NFL.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stunned!!
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 27, 2018 02:02PM

But socal, remember Jamar Fletcher who we passed on Drew Brees for????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stunned!!
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 27, 2018 02:50PM

Meaning Mason Rudolph.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stunned!!
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: April 27, 2018 03:41PM

Fitzpatrick is an amazing athlete and played various D for Saban. If Gase can get him into a similar role, it may be the best pick in years for the Dolphins We need to see how this develops with the Dolphins coaching.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2018 03:43PM by colonel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stunned!!
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 27, 2018 04:52PM

Best player at his position in this year's draft. Solid pick.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stunned!!
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 27, 2018 05:04PM

Some are saying the best safety prospect ever...I would have still rather had a LB in the 1st.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stunned!!
Date: April 27, 2018 05:29PM

We got our LB in the 3rd. This guy Fitz is supposed to be so athletic he can play MLB . Total stud.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stunned!!
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 27, 2018 05:46PM

Expect to see Fitz or McDonald at LB

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stunned!!
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: April 27, 2018 11:35PM

I'm really good with this draft. It's the first time I felt like this for the phins...ever. Grier and the boys really did their Homework this time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stunned!!
Date: April 28, 2018 02:44AM

Yes. Can't complain, we are a better team today.I just hope they address the Oline next.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stunned!!
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 28, 2018 02:45AM

Yes we got a linebacker in the third but not one that's as good as Tremaine Edmunds.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stunned!!
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: April 28, 2018 06:04AM

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes we got a linebacker in the third but not one
> that's as good as Tremaine Edmunds.


Ken, on this you and I totally agree. Tremaine Edmunds would've made this defense better from day one. What's even more galling is that Buffalo got him and we'll now face him twice a year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stunned!!
Date: April 28, 2018 08:13AM

Buffalo had 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. You had to know they were going to get some players.Cant draft to keep a player from someone.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stunned!!
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 28, 2018 08:36AM

Raekwon McMillan

Edmonds is a SAM. Remember Aaron Curry

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stunned!!
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: May 27, 2018 07:32PM

socalphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've gotta admit I was stunned by the pick our FO
> made at #11...that they didn't F it up this
> time!!
> The same FO that I've called on this very board,
> the "3 stooges", "dumb and dumber", and "a monkey
> humping a football", got it absolutely RIGHT!
> We've finally found the FS that this team has
> lacked ever since Dick Anderson retired....that's
> going back a ways.
> In Minkah, we got a dude who's been mentioned with
> the likes of Charles Woodsen, and Preston
> Petersen.
> A guy who was arguably the best player on a 2-time
> national championship team.
> Honestly, we've had a gaping hole at FS for the
> last...ever. And don't say Rashad Jones, because
> he's been a barely average FS, and it's not his
> natural position. SS is.
> Our secondary just got really good, and still very
> young, a must in today's NFL.

NOT remotely sold on this pick.

Total "formula" (safe) pick that will in no way transform our immediate history. Beyond that -- seriously doubt this kid is a long term "difference maker."

Sort of like punting on 3rd down.

Typical Dolphin BS... Yet again.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2018 07:33PM by BigNastyFish.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stunned!!
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 27, 2018 09:01PM

BNF, welcome back.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stunned!!
Date: May 28, 2018 07:57AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> NOT remotely sold on this pick.
>
> Total "formula" (safe) pick that will in no way
> transform our immediate history. Beyond that --
> seriously doubt this kid is a long term
> "difference maker."
>
> Sort of like punting on 3rd down.
>
> Typical Dolphin BS... Yet again.




#11 who would you have picked?

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stunned!!
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: May 28, 2018 10:28AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> socalphin Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I've gotta admit I was stunned by the pick our
> FO
> > made at #11...that they didn't F it up this
> > time!!
> > The same FO that I've called on this very
> board,
> > the "3 stooges", "dumb and dumber", and "a
> monkey
> > humping a football", got it absolutely RIGHT!
> > We've finally found the FS that this team has
> > lacked ever since Dick Anderson
> retired....that's
> > going back a ways.
> > In Minkah, we got a dude who's been mentioned
> with
> > the likes of Charles Woodsen, and Preston
> > Petersen.
> > A guy who was arguably the best player on a
> 2-time
> > national championship team.
> > Honestly, we've had a gaping hole at FS for the
> > last...ever. And don't say Rashad Jones,
> because
> > he's been a barely average FS, and it's not his
> > natural position. SS is.
> > Our secondary just got really good, and still
> very
> > young, a must in today's NFL.
>
> NOT remotely sold on this pick.
>
> Total "formula" (safe) pick that will in no way
> transform our immediate history. Beyond that --
> seriously doubt this kid is a long term
> "difference maker."
>
> Sort of like punting on 3rd down.
>
> Typical Dolphin BS... Yet again.

Welcome back BNF

Totally agree. Fitzpatrick is a good prospect but was the wrong pick for the Dolphins. I'd have taken Tremaine Edmunds at 11. If they wanted a safety, Justin Reid would have been a good consolation prize (I think he was taken by Houston in the third). Linebacker and DT were huge holes (still are). The lack of at least one decent linebacker to line up alongside McMillan and trying to replace Suh with Phillips is going to be a disaster.

Options: ReplyQuote


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England
TOP
   
© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.