HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Number 26 out of 32!!!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Number 26 out of 32!!!!
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: May 06, 2009 08:12AM

Did anyone else see Pete Prisco's latest pre-season rankings? He has the Phins rated 26 out of 32 teams!!! I don't care how tough our schedule looks, that is insane. I can't think of 10 teams that are definitely better than the Phins.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Number 26 out of 32!!!!
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: May 06, 2009 08:44AM

Steelers
Ravens
Colts
Pats
Titans
Giants
Eagles
Cardinals

I come up with 8 teams that should probably be rated ahead of us going into 2009. As a Phins fan, I would actually argue against a few of those; but I honestly can't come up with 10.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 06, 2009 09:11AM

I bet you that same guy had us ranked right at 32 last year. And look at what happened.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: May 06, 2009 09:24AM

Patriots.

I hate to say it but with Tom Brady, there are better until we prove ourselves better than them.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: ThaFishula13 ()
Date: May 06, 2009 11:40AM

Screw the Patriots, Screw Brady, and Screw Pete Prisco!!!!!!! I'm sick of these morons predicting nonsense. We're the best baby!!!!! #1 and we're only getting better. Last year it was the stupid 1-15 junk from the year before, now this year forget what we did a year ago, it's our schedule this time it's too tough LOL, give me a break this is the NFL baby. Either you man up or pick in the top five next year. We're winning the superbowl this year, remember that. Prisco can stick his 26 where the sun don't shine. GO LANDSHARKS!!!!!! LOL j/k It's all about the FINS BABY!!!!!!

Date: May 06, 2009 01:03PM

THATS WHAT IVE BEEN SAYNG 2009 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS THE MIAMI DOLPHINS!!! MWAHAHA WILDCAT IS GOING TO OWN!!!!! mwhahahaahah FINALY A SOLID AWSOME TWO SYSTEM QB I LOVE IT IS SOOOO HARD TO PLAN AGAISNT IT MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YES YES YES YES QWHOHOOOOOOOOO YEAH BABY SLAP ME SOME SKIN, "OOH YEAH{:"

"You were right numberone...you were right. The PATS and the 'BOYS had the same thoughts too. numberonedumbanddumber- you are a genius"Wow, another sterling prediction by the poster child for the dangers of illiteracy.So, let me get this straight. Essentially, the Dolphins traded Jason Taylor for Jason Taylor and Pat White and saved 7 million dollars. Now, I am not the greatest talent evaluator, but that sounds like a good deal to me."

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: May 07, 2009 02:11AM

You sound like the drunkin village idiot.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 07, 2009 05:18AM

LOL>.........

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 07, 2009 07:21AM

Date: May 12, 2009 09:51AM

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: May 12, 2009 11:19AM

The schedule thing only impacts wildcard teams. If you win your division, you're in. And, each team plays 14 games in 'common' with the rest of the division.

We were 0-2 against the 'variable' teams in our 4th-place schedule last year (Baltimore, Houston). We were 11-3 in our common opponent games. The Pats were also 0-2 (Indy & Pitt), going 11-3 against common opponents. The Jets got Cincy & Tenn and were 2-0 against them. Accordingly, they were 7-7 against the common opponents. Bills were 1-1 against Jax and CLE, 6-8 vs. common.

Now we get the #1 variables and NE gets the #2. We couldn't do any worse this year than last, nor could they. It's really most important what you do with the games in common. It's stupid to think it will go down this way, but also logical (if it can be both at the same time). If we all struggle the same amount (as indicated by W/L results) against common opponents, then the standings will be the same as they were last year, even though we play a 1st-place schedule. Does your record really matter when you win your division? SD slipped into the playoffs at 8-8 and went further than we did at 11-5.

I will concede that I feel at least NE and NYJ have improved more than us over the off-season so far, but I don't buy the schedule thing. Just win the division.

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: May 12, 2009 12:30PM

That was a pretty good article eesti. The Peter King bit at the end made me laugh. Although I would have left out the phrase "you people" in reference to Belicheat and Parcells. But overall, well done.

Date: May 12, 2009 02:12PM

Yeah...it was a twenty minute rant after reading three articles talking about the future demise of the Dolphin.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: capetide ()
Date: May 13, 2009 08:46AM

While may not agree with his rankings, I can see Prisco's point. Many people expect the Fins to take a step backwards since that happens most of the time. Tougher schedule; not catching teams by surprise again; etc.At least they are moving forward and improving.

Date: May 13, 2009 08:51AM

many people are stupid....like the ones who said JT would sign with NE this week....smiling bouncing smiley

.....................................................................................

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 13, 2009 10:24AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> many people are stupid....

Don't hold back, eesti. Say it like it is smoking smiley

Date: May 13, 2009 10:27AM

i also said tayler would be signed back!!!! mwahaah MAN im TIRED OF BEING RIGHT!!!!! MAYBE IM NOT AS STUPID well ok but i know common sense when i hear it.

"You were right numberone...you were right. The PATS and the 'BOYS had the same thoughts too. numberonedumbanddumber- you are a genius"Wow, another sterling prediction by the poster child for the dangers of illiteracy.So, let me get this straight. Essentially, the Dolphins traded Jason Taylor for Jason Taylor and Pat White and saved 7 million dollars. Now, I am not the greatest talent evaluator, but that sounds like a good deal to me."

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: May 13, 2009 01:36PM

Date: May 13, 2009 02:20PM

ROFLMAO!

Date: May 13, 2009 03:22PM

LMAO MAN i need to have a drink with that guy~~~~!!!! ill have him loosing all kinds of wieght laughing

Date: May 14, 2009 04:16AM

DNOS...

Your one endearing quality....self deprecation. Don't lose it.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: May 14, 2009 05:59AM

thumbs up

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: May 14, 2009 12:07PM

Date: May 14, 2009 02:06PM

We are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL.

Posted by: Rmorc13 ()
Date: May 19, 2009 04:44PM

In other places they have us ranked # 17. It really doesnt mean anything at this point. You can't tell how good teams are going to be at the beginning of the year.

Date: May 19, 2009 04:52PM

and some people (like the power rankers) can't tell at the end of the season.

Posted by: Rmorc13 ()
Date: May 19, 2009 04:58PM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and some people (like the power rankers) can't
> tell at the end of the season.

Yes exactly like i said it doesnt mean anything.

Date: May 19, 2009 05:58PM

it means we don't have the respect...YET...but that is fine with me and probably most Dolphins but that will soon change.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.