HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          It's early but
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
It's early but
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 05, 2009 05:45PM

I am loving what I am hearing out of camp about our rookie DBs. Smith and Davis seem like players, big and physical cbs with potential shut down ability, esp against the big WRs who usually dominate us. And how did Clemons drop to the 5th round? Productive starter in the ACC who ran a 4.3?? He supposedly had a great camp. Our DBs seem like they will be a strength of the team, from a weakness last year. CBs Allen, Davis and Smith; Safetys Bell, Wilson, Clemons, with depth in Green Davis and Jason Allen. Looks good!

If only we had drafted Duke Robinson or Sidberry or one of the other higher ranked players with our 3d or 4th pick, I'd been feeling great about this draft. As it is now, though, it still seems pretty good!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It's early but
Posted by: noetic ()
Date: May 05, 2009 07:44PM

I was glad to see the front office put a serious emphasis on the secondary this offseason, but we should probably keep a bit of perspective with these initial reports. The Dolphins don't exactly maintain a star-studded receiving corps, so we should reserve judgment until they get the chance to face some of the prime receiving talent now scattered throughout the AFC East.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: May 06, 2009 01:07AM

It does seem pretty apparent that we're going to have a great secondary. But anything beyond that remains to be seen.

I'm a little worried about the rest of the defense, because we can't count on Porter alone, Roth is not that great, JT is probably not coming, our ILB's are average, and Vonnie Holiday is gone. With Vonnie gone I really do think we're going to see a difference.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: May 06, 2009 01:51AM

"And how did Clemons drop to the 5th round?"

Zach Thomas?

Not saying Clemons will be anywhere close to Zach, but, it does make the draft projections a little less authoritative.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: May 06, 2009 05:05AM

I think we hit on both of them specially vontae. He looks like a keeper on film. We will see how his play translates to the NFL.

The surtain and madison days are back.

I mean both vontae and sean can very well turn out to be madison and surtain like...

Lankford merlin could turn out JT like.

Now we just need to draft a zach thomas Type and Timbo type Defensive players next year. Then we will have a dominating defense like the old days.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 06, 2009 07:45AM

So where is the weak point of our team? Rush defense? Wide Receiver?

I would say rush defense. Not that we were bad but we did not address it in the off season.

We were ranked 10th last year vs the rush and 3rd against runs over 20 yards. We were ranked 5th in TD allowed.

We will have a new DE, the same NT and ILB's. The only thing we can hope is that Langford and Merling play better and that Solaia can step in and play at a high level or one of the other NT's.

Crowder and Ayodele should be better in year two of the same system and hopefully we figure out how to keep teams from running at Porter. That's not likely because if he is the weak point, teams will exploit that side. Gibril Wilson should help in that area since he is a former strong safety who will play on that side and is a big hitter but he will not play as close to the line as Bell. We also should get support from our new CB's that play the run pretty well.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: May 06, 2009 12:55PM

I would say (without a doubt until I see otherwise) rush offense is our weak point. We were terrible out of our base offense. If not for the wild cat no doubt we would average about 2.2 ypc and I would not be surprised if we were dead last. True our two starting gaurds got injured but just because they are healthy does not garuntee that that will change. I will have to wait and evaluate our talent during preseason to have a gage for how well we will finish this year.

Date: May 06, 2009 01:01PM

HELLO CAMERON WAKE RING A BELL good god. stupid. anyways yes RUSHING deffinatly needs to be addressed and i hope it has been with the O-line and with pat white lmao the wildcat is going to take us all the way you heard it here first.

"You were right numberone...you were right. The PATS and the 'BOYS had the same thoughts too. numberonedumbanddumber- you are a genius"Wow, another sterling prediction by the poster child for the dangers of illiteracy.So, let me get this straight. Essentially, the Dolphins traded Jason Taylor for Jason Taylor and Pat White and saved 7 million dollars. Now, I am not the greatest talent evaluator, but that sounds like a good deal to me."

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: May 06, 2009 02:57PM

I KNOW you're not suggesting we've got the Superbowl locked up because we have some rookie corners and a skinny QB who's never played a down in the NFL before in his life, (nor our new star OLB for that matter).

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 06, 2009 03:08PM

you're stupid.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 06, 2009 04:40PM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you're stupid.

+100000000

Date: May 07, 2009 09:01PM

no argument there, BUT YES IM NO SUGGESTING IM blank cant realy find the type of word that rymes with suggesting? oh well anyways yes miami will go all the way, not just because of a skinny awsome FAST qb who can run like vick and throw better, with abetter team than vick had, yeah.!!! hell YEAH I LLL SEE YOU IN DECEMBER IN MIAMI LOL

"You were right numberone...you were right. The PATS and the 'BOYS had the same thoughts too. numberonedumbanddumber- you are a genius"Wow, another sterling prediction by the poster child for the dangers of illiteracy.So, let me get this straight. Essentially, the Dolphins traded Jason Taylor for Jason Taylor and Pat White and saved 7 million dollars. Now, I am not the greatest talent evaluator, but that sounds like a good deal to me."

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: May 07, 2009 10:09PM

When will this cancer just leave?

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: May 08, 2009 06:02AM

never... i am boycoting his posts.

I LOVE THE DB DRAFTEES. AWESOME!thumbs up

Posted by: Carolina Phin ()
Date: May 08, 2009 01:45PM

Is there a squelch button on here?

Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 08, 2009 07:02PM

Carolina Phin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there a squelch button on here?

Squelch! I haven't seen that word since my daddy used to have a CB radio!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.