Home
THIS SITE
  About Phins.com
  Contact Us
  Staff
TEAM NEWS
  Team Info
  Twitter Feeds
  News Wire
  XML News
  Subscribe using any news reader
  News Articles
  Mobile News
  On Porpoise
GAMES
  Schedule
PERSONNEL
  Roster
  Depth Chart
  Training Camp
  Draft
FOR THE FANS
  Forums
  Places To Watch
  Dolphins Links
  Game Tickets
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute
  News Archive
  Past Games
  Transactions
  Past Rosters
SUPPORT PHINS.COM
  Dolphins Fan Shop
  Phins.com Apparel
 
-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com
 
  Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          My hope at No. 11
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 24, 2018 07:08PM

I am saying Mason Rudolph at 11 is asinine. I thought I saw that suggested on this thread. At 11 we need BPA and as we have many needs the 5th best QB ain't that. Hopefully we get one of the LB smith or Edmonds or the Ala DB falls to us or even less likely the ND guard. UNless a top 4 QB falls to us than no one else on offense worth taking at 11. I hope we don't end up taking a space eating DB to replace Suh that would be worst case

________________________________________________________
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 24, 2018 10:27PM

If Rosen is 1, Mayfield is 2, Darnold is 3, who is YOUR number 4?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: March 25, 2018 05:42AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 25, 2018 06:14AM

Rudolph has questions the big one is can he produce outside of that offense that OK ST ran? How will he react to nfl defenses? He reminds me of Paxton Lynch at MEM and Im not sure that is good. Not sure I want him at the 11 spot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Date: March 25, 2018 06:34AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: March 25, 2018 10:54AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rudolph has questions the big one is can he
> produce outside of that offense that OK ST ran?
> How will he react to nfl defenses? He reminds me
> of Paxton Lynch at MEM and Im not sure that is
> good. Not sure I want him at the 11 spot.


no, that is not a flag. If it was, it would be a flag for all quarterbacks, whether they can produce outside of college.

I can tell you this tho, Darnold, Allen, Rosen did not produce in college either. So I don't know what the infatuation is based on, if we are red flagging production.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2018 09:46AM by thegreathoo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: March 26, 2018 03:43AM

Some one please tell me this infatuation by some parties about Baker Mayfield. His 70% completion percentage is impressive to some. I wonder if it is the Lincoln Riley factor.... because the last two years Lincoln was at East Carolina his Quarterback completed 66 and 70 percent of his passes, and that QB did noting in the pros. On the other hand, Josh Allen only completed 56% of his passed. Not impressive unless you understand that another huge armed QB that lit up the NFL in a Hall of Fame Career completed 57.6% in college.... yes that was Dan Marino.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2018 03:45AM by astro34.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: March 26, 2018 09:46AM

Marino sucked bro. Marino in college went 57%., 17 td, 24 int in senior year. He was utter garbage. The thing is, Phins had Woodley who was also garbage, he also liked to throw more picks than TDs.
They went to SB with Woodley. Marino did not make a dent when they switched QBs. So much for Marino's greatness, did not improve a SB team, with a HoF headcoach.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2018 09:47AM by thegreathoo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 26, 2018 12:13PM

thegreathoo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> berkeley223 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> I am saying Mason Rudolph at 11 is asinine.
>
> I think you're wrong about Rudolph. For one he is
> the only QB in this draft with no red flags, and
> elite performance. That makes him the best QB in
> the draft. Which means he is worthy of #1 overall
> pick.
>
> Second, the fact that some "think" he is second
> round value or will be available in the second
> round makes zero difference when picking at 11.
> It's about the player, not projections. Same
> could've been said about Charles Harris and JaWuan
> James, and the list goes on, that they could be
> had later.
>
> You don't risk that, you take the best player, and
> the best player is the QB with elite performance
> and zero red flags.

didn't he play in a gimmick offense? I've read a lot about the draft and not seen anyone saying he has "zero red flags." if that's the case why is not rated among the top 4 QBs?

________________________________________________________
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Date: March 26, 2018 12:31PM

thegreathoo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Marino sucked bro. Marino in college went 57%.,
> 17 td, 24 int in senior year. He was utter
> garbage. The thing is, Phins had Woodley who was
> also garbage, he also liked to throw more picks
> than TDs.
> They went to SB with Woodley. Marino did not make
> a dent when they switched QBs. So much for
> Marino's greatness, did not improve a SB team,
> with a HoF headcoach.

Well.....I wouldn't say he sucked bro. He was a Stat machine before the league went soft on Qb's. But the cold hard facts is you need a great team to win the SB .

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 26, 2018 05:48PM

thegreathoo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Marino sucked bro. Marino in college went 57%.,
> 17 td, 24 int in senior year. He was utter
> garbage. The thing is, Phins had Woodley who was
> also garbage, he also liked to throw more picks
> than TDs.
> They went to SB with Woodley. Marino did not make
> a dent when they switched QBs. So much for
> Marino's greatness, did not improve a SB team,
> with a HoF headcoach.

TC handled the College Marino part of the above. But you are absolutely wrong when you say that Marino did not 'MAKE A DENT WHEN THEY SWITCHED QBS."

Are you serious? Marino made a dent in that he crashed all the passing records and went to the Hall of Fame.

As far as the team succeeding, we switched from a GREAT defensive team under Woodley to a GREAT passing team under Marino.

Problem is that we never connected the two, great offense and great defense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Date: March 26, 2018 06:05PM

I'll add further....Marino was Great. Perhaps the greatest. However he was also plagued with a defense that gave up more points then he scored.....and thats saying ALOT.

That imbalance and the absence of any running game equaled squat.

We dont have Marino at QB anymore. Probably never will. Get used to that fact. However we have a damn good QB and we have to surround him with a good TEAM. Getting rid of Landry was taking 5 steps back buts what done is done. DUMB @#$%& MOVE. Buts we have to move on.

We need a MLB , a DT and another Corner. Our injured need to come back and contribute on defense. WE NEED TO GET A BLOCKING OLINE. A reliable tight end who can also block and a fullback who can block. key word? BLOCK. Put Tanny in a position to succeed. He holds on to the ball, he runs for his life because he is trying to make plays. Get him an oline, receivers will get hit. Our running game will move the chains.

We need to draft down. Buffalo needs a QB. If one falls to us we need to trade trade trade. They have several picks in the first 3 rounds. Trade down......collect picks, get positions of need. Its the best plan.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: March 27, 2018 04:08AM

The whole point to my original post was to question Baker Mayfield's completion percentage and raise the question if Lincoln Riley is the reason why he had success.

I agree that the Dolphins need to draft a LB, CB, TE and G. Possibly add depth at DT and OT. Hopefully we get one of the LB's in the first round and a TE and CB with the next two picks. Although I do like the idea of trading back for extra picks.

I actually think that our off season has been OK if the new players play to their potential. Loosing Landry hurts, but with the awful salary cap situation I think it was a reasonable decision (and we did get draft picks back for him, not as high as most people wanted)

Everyone that watches football/draft knows that the experts are wrong more than they are right. One player will not make this team a championship caliber team. We need lots of pieces.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: March 27, 2018 05:44AM

thegreathoo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> berkeley223 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> I am saying Mason Rudolph at 11 is asinine.
>
> I think you're wrong about Rudolph. For one he is
> the only QB in this draft with no red flags, and
> elite performance. That makes him the best QB in
> the draft. Which means he is worthy of #1 overall
> pick.
>
> Second, the fact that some "think" he is second
> round value or will be available in the second
> round makes zero difference when picking at 11.
> It's about the player, not projections. Same
> could've been said about Charles Harris and JaWuan
> James, and the list goes on, that they could be
> had later.
>
> You don't risk that, you take the best player, and
> the best player is the QB with elite performance
> and zero red flags.

I like Rudolph a lot. He has a strong arm and good touch. The problem is that most project him to be a late first, early second round pick. I can't imagine taking him at 11 with all the other holes in this roster. Whether he lasts until pick 42 is the question. Trading back up into the end of the first round will require giving up some picks which we have precious few of.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: March 27, 2018 06:55AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> didn't he play in a gimmick offense? I've read a
> lot about the draft and not seen anyone saying he
> has "zero red flags." if that's the case why is
> not rated among the top 4 QBs?



I don't think he played in a gimmicky offense. His performance is solid, it does not indicate anything gimmicky.
One thing that stands out is that out of 37 TDs, he threw 7 from 60 yards away or more. That's not preferred. I think he is the QB in this draft with most TDs from such distance. That can be called a "gimmick." So you can say, he really wshould not have had 37 TDs, instead he should've had 32 TDs.
But he was accurate from long distance, read the safeties well, bought time, connected with guys. It is what it is.

The red flag I had heard is, he comes from OkSU offense. I don't think he has any red flags other than that. I'd love to hear what they are as far as facts, not biases.

On NFL Network they had a segment with Bucky and DJ who would you take if down by 4, 2 min left, or need a 2-point conversion. Here is the performance from last season:

QB splits when losing by 7:

Darnold: 64%, Rat 139, 3 TD, 2 INT, 3 SK
Rosen: 61%, Rat 147, 7 TD, 3 INT, 6 SK
Allen: 54%,, Rat 106, 0 TD, 0 INT, 8 SK
*Baker: 71%, Rat 186, 5 TD, 1 INT, 3 SK
Lamar: 59%, Rat 140, 5 TD, 3 INT, 6 SK
*Rudolph: 58%, Rat 169, 9 TD, 1 INT, 6 SK

QB Splits, 3rd and 4th and goal:

Darnold: 1 of 4, 1 TD, 0 INT, 0 SK
Rosen: 2 of 4, 2 TD, 0 INT, 0 SK
*Allen: 4 of 5, 2 TD, 0 INT, 0 SK
Baker: 1 of 3, 1 TD, 1 INT, 0 SK
Lamar: 0 for 6, 0 TD, 0 INT, 0 SK
*Rudolph: 4 of 5, 4 TD, 0 INT, 1 SK

Basically, take Rudolph In those situations.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2018 06:19PM by thegreathoo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 27, 2018 03:41PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Date: March 27, 2018 03:54PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I don't think that any QB (among the big 5) at 11
> is "asinine." I think the only thing that would
> be asinine would be to either trade out of that
> spot or to pick a player at another position at 11
> and leave one of those five guys on the board.



Drafting out and down in the first round makes the most sense. Its what a Team looking to build towards a championship would do. So dont worry.......Miami will most likely do the exact opposite of whats the right thing to do and probably pick the next Ryan Leaf , RGIII or Dion Jordon.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 27, 2018 03:57PM

Why do you tickle me so much? LOL.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 27, 2018 09:19PM

Marino was a different era, astroboy. Baker Mayfield bothers me in some ways, too, but he DOES find a way to win, particularly in big games. Then again, so did Tim Tebow.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 27, 2018 09:35PM

Before you make foolish pronouncements, I suggest you look at the other QB's that Marino competed against from that era. There was a reason he was rated one of the best QB's in the country, he fell in the draft because of rumors of cocaine use, unfounded rumors. However, your crude criticism is put in such excreble language I must conclude that either you are totally ignorant, crude and boorish or you're looking to get a rise out of the posters here. Consider me aroused.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 27, 2018 09:48PM

" One player will not make this team a championship caliber team"

I'm not sure I agree with this. Troy Aikman says that even with all the talent that they had on the Cowboys in those days, they 'couldn't even spell 'Super Bowl' until they brought in Charles Haley'. Phil Simms has stated the acquisition of Lawrence Taylor in the draft pushed the Giants defense into into a Super Bowl winning unit. So, it COULD happen. Just not very likely.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 27, 2018 09:53PM

The man's got a good point. However, most of the rankings show a tie at #5, so that there are actually SIX top guys. Do you think we should take one of the six?

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: March 28, 2018 04:53AM

Dolphan4545 ......Why are you attacking me, just because I don't use big words to make myself look smart..... I just asked a question about Mayfield and added facts to back it up. You cannot name one player that played in the last 10 years that would make our team a super bowl contender..... go ahead , give me a name..... we have to many holes.....I can make a case for any of the 5 QB's or many of the other players for our pick at #11, although most of them will be gone by the time we pick.... and i hope we don't trade up, we see how well that worked the last time we tried that.....

I know why Marino's draft stock fell.... been watching this team from the beginning of the franchise.... he also had a coaching change that didn't help......

My point to this forum is Mayfield's completion percentage is inflated because of the Lincoln Riley , he won big games, maybe that's because of the offensive line, (Josh Allen had 2 true freshman start against Iowa), Rosen's concussions worry me and so do Darnold's turnovers and small hands .... If I were picking a QB I would go with Allen..... I may be wrong , only time will tell.

We need a LB, CB or G so please pick one of those or trade back



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2018 04:58AM by astro34.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Date: March 28, 2018 04:58AM

Dolpfan4545 seems to think he knows it all... ..we are all just Hypocrites and don't know what's up becuase we don't have his gift or a better grasp of the English language.

FU 45. thumbs down

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 28, 2018 06:56AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some know my history. Born and raised "Way Down
> yonder in the Indian Nation just a half a mile
> from the Reservation in dem Oklahoma Hills"
> transferring to a high school in South Central Los
> Angeles in the Summer of 65, just in time for the
> Watts Riot. Going for Summer School in Cambridge
> in the Summer of 66, on to Purdue that fall
> semester for the 66-67 year, Bob Griese's senior
> year and a Dolphin fan since the Fall of 1967, his
> senior year.
>
> Maybe, that's my QB bias. But I have often argued
> on this chatboard that the QB is "not the only
> player."
>
> But there comes a time for everything.
>
> With Tannehill being an old player who spent the
> last season injured and OUT OF THE GAME and
> without any future assured replacement for him
> sitting on the bench, it is "time" to draft his
> replacement....whether immediate or eventual.
>
> I don't think that any QB (among the big 5) at 11
> is "asinine." I think the only thing that would
> be asinine would be to either trade out of that
> spot or to pick a player at another position at 11
> and leave one of those five guys on the board.


I will add to the great post by chrenB...

SAM QUOTE: We dont even have a capable backup qb.

If we dont score we dont win.

And we all want to win.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: March 28, 2018 07:54AM

You mean you don't think that Fales, Doughty, and/or Osweiler are capable? (Please take note that this statement is being with tongue firmly in cheek).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 28, 2018 08:00AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You mean you don't think that Fales, Doughty,
> and/or Osweiler are capable? (Please take note
> that this statement is being with tongue firmly in
> cheek).


They is capable of taking out the garbage. And taking out the garbage is still in doubt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 28, 2018 08:11PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 28, 2018 08:31PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My hope at No. 11
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 28, 2018 09:28PM

Treasure always has me rolling on the floor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England
TOP
   
© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.