HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          wth is up with this team??
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
wth is up with this team??
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: March 13, 2018 12:55PM

Hello all, I need someone to please provide clarity for me as I must be a moron because I cant understand what is going on?? We are over the cap are we not?? we let Landry walk who is our best reciever I understand the money thing but you could have worked something out. We then sign albert for what 24mil who isnt worth shit 45 catches?? then we get 32yr old amendola for 12 mill and both combined will equalt 9/4 or landry catches, oh wait make that 30 percent cuz we have tanny throwing the ball not smith or brady. Now on top of it we sign james who should never be playing football on the O line for 9mil?? oh my god what exactly am I missing?? are there pictures of Gase and tannenbum smoking a bowl with tunsil?? you either shit or get off the pot, but we are like the tidy bowl man just spinning around and around....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wth is up with this team??
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 13, 2018 01:00PM

fiedlerhater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello all, I need someone to please provide
> clarity for me as I must be a moron because I cant
> understand what is going on?? We are over the cap
> are we not?? we let Landry walk who is our best
> reciever I understand the money thing but you
> could have worked something out. We then sign
> albert for what 24mil who isnt worth shit 45
> catches?? then we get 32yr old amendola for 12
> mill and both combined will equalt 9/4 or landry
> catches, oh wait make that 30 percent cuz we have
> tanny throwing the ball not smith or brady. Now on
> top of it we sign james who should never be
> playing football on the O line for 9mil?? oh my
> god what exactly am I missing?? are there pictures
> of Gase and tannenbum smoking a bowl with tunsil??
> you either shit or get off the pot, but we are
> like the tidy bowl man just spinning around and
> around....

Yes you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: March 13, 2018 01:21PM

well, thanks sam thats a whole lot of clarity. I am guessing you think this team is amazing and this is exactly what this team needs to make it to the next level? trade in your marino jersey for a tanny have ya?? we are gonna suck and if you think this team is good and the coaches and office staff are good.. you may need clarity.

Date: March 13, 2018 02:24PM

I always think they going to win.

Date: March 13, 2018 04:32PM

I really think I could prove Probable cause for exploitation of the mentally disabled. The NFL , the Browns front office in particular took advantage of the feeble minded Dolphins front office. They were unable to defend themselves and were robbed basically. Its shameful. Its like selling useless real estate to someone with down syndrome.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 13, 2018 07:16PM

LOL.

Date: March 14, 2018 04:53AM

TCPF You need some clarity.

Date: March 14, 2018 04:54AM

I will then revert and help our friend down the yellow brick road.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 14, 2018 07:04AM

James provides continuity and his play has improved with each year he's been with us...so. Amendola adds leadership and experience while being a reliable chain mover. Wilson adds speed to the WR room while being a player most think is on the way up. The team seems to be happy with Davis so maybe guard is not as big a deal at the moment as we all think it is.

LB, TE, QB and now DT are the continuing question going into the draft.

As far as our receivers go, as of now, I think we are OK. Even though Id have rather have kept Landry and addedd Wilson given a choice in the matter.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 14, 2018 07:23AM

Ken Wrote:
> James provides continuity and his play has
> improved with each year he's been with us...so.

Im also happy that James is returning. The team was also impressed with the U/FA tackle from UVA, Smith. So we have some bodies returning on the oline. I want a veteran center w/ quality leadership abilities to replace Pouncey.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: March 15, 2018 05:30AM

I know it's not as big as getting rid of Landry & Suh but why did they drop the kicker (Parkey)? He seemed pretty accurate and I never really heard of a kicker being a distraction in a locker room.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 15, 2018 06:54AM

Here's what's up with this team fiedlerhater -

We got into cap hell with Suh it was bound to happen & was only a matter of time before the inevitable. At this point in time there's no point in having a stud like him getting paid a gazillion when he gets double teamed while the rest of his defensive teammates are ineffective. If he had someone like Soliai during his prime next to him and some linebackers who actually belong in the NFL we'd probably have won many games on defense. Sadly we have a defensive coordinator and coaches who puts linebackers who can't cover into coverage instead of blitzing more often while Suh gets double & triple teamed. Then there's Tannenbaum who gets into a pissing match with our clutch receiver Landry and trades him away for a bag of chips.

How I feel is this -

As long as this team has Tannenbaum and coaches who can't figure out an effective strategy to stick with during a game with the lousy players that Tannenbaum keeps, the Dolphins will continue to be bottom feeders of the AFC.

Date: March 15, 2018 07:17AM

I love how all of you guys automatically put the blame for player gaffes on Tanenbaum. Everyone associated with the team has said that he does NOT pick the players, nor does he have the final say, so it mystifies me that almost everyone thinks he does. He even said himself that Grier makes the decisions along with the collective of Gase, other coaches and the scouts.

Not saying that he doesn't have input mind you...just how much is the question. I don't think he has as much say as people think. If he did we wouldnt need to have and pay a GM to do a job Tannenbaum does for him. I dont believe Ross would allow that nor do believe Ross is stupid enough to allow that kind of resource waste.

I could be wrong however.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: March 15, 2018 07:45AM

My understanding is that Tannenbaum is primarily responsible for free agency signings and negotiations of contracts. How much input he has on draft picks I assume is debatable, though I read that he was the main person who insisted on taking Jordan Phillips in the second round so I'm guessing that when he wants to impose his will, Grier will acquiesce. Ken, you're forgetting we have a long track record of Tannenbaum moves. Look at what he did while with the jets. Some dubious trades, bad draft picks, outrageous contract extensions, and cap hell. Sound familiar. Are you telling me that if you could replace Tannenbaum with someone who's worked for a winning organization and with a better track record, you wouldn't do it in a new york (pardon the pun) second?

Date: March 15, 2018 08:02AM

I don't like Tannenbaum let's get that out of the way right away. If I had the say, I would not have him associated with the team. I also agree he did a poor job in NY. I just have trouble blaming him for ALL of the mistakes we continue to make. As I said, I think we have a GM we pay to do a job, who according to reports has final say on players, not Tannenbaum who constantly gets the blame.

Again, not saying he dosen't have some sway built in to his position, I just wonder how much.

Date: March 15, 2018 08:18AM

I'm not exonerating Grier from responsibility, but let's not forget, it's Tannenbaum's prerogative to fire Grier if he isn't doing the job. The entire front office shares blame. Ross for putting his team's fortunes in the hands of someone who's last attempt at running a team resulted in disaster. Grier for less than stellar draft picks. Tannenbaum for the most monumentally head-scratching contracts and contract extensions imaginable. I know I sound like a broken record but I can't get past the fact that 20 million of this years cap is going to two players that are, at best, average and at worst mediocre. Alonso will continue to be a liability to this defense. Don't take my word for it. Burke's answer to why they kept using him in coverage was, "what other option is there?" The only saving grace with Branch's numbers are they're better than the number 1 pick, Charles Harris who had two frigging sacks despite being in on literally every obvious passing situation. That's what bothers me. Everyone can miss on draft picks and even players but when a player shows you that he isn't a starter, don't give him a huge extension and cripple your team's ability to sign players that are starting caliber. Am I wrong?

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 15, 2018 08:23AM

I think Tannenbaum correctly gets the lion's share of the blame for our failures in free agency and trades.

Im sure I read he heads up the f/a effort w/ Grier handling the draft.Which makes sense because you can bring in the coaching staff in on these decisions since you are dealing w/ known commodities.
Which the signings of Cutler, Thomas and other ex Bears point to Gase's input.

The draft you leave to the scouting department which is Grier's domain. Who did a good job last year with the draft and bringing in some undrafted f/a that are still around. I think its on Grier's bio that he handles the draft.

Grier has only 2 years of GM under his belt so I don't think he is making any trades. Even with that he got us 2 good drafts in 2016 & 2017.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: March 15, 2018 09:17AM

This team is nothing but one BIG 'Player Gaffe' as Ken puts it. Who says "Hey, lets replace our 3 time bro bowl 1000 yd receiver with somebody's # 3 and a 32 yo often injured guy who can't avg 500 yards a year with Tom Brady throwing to him."

Money not withstanding, other teams find ways to keep their guys. I think its just that nobody will negotiate because they KNOW what a cluster our organization is and would rather be elsewhere unless the money is just ridiculous.

I'd almost guarantee 1.) we'll spend more money before the seasons over looking for Landry's 'replacement' than it would have taken to keep him and 2.) Wilson NOR Amendola will be around next year.

I am seriously starting to wonder if I'll live to see us be successful again.

Date: March 15, 2018 09:44AM

Amendola is a two year class for our younger players on how to play the position correctly and how to be a pro. Beyond that he moves the chains...simple to understand.

Wilson has a wider skill set than Landry for less money...also easy to understand.

Whether or not Wilson works out is the question now.

Date: March 15, 2018 09:54AM

Ken, I couldn't possibly disagree with you more on the skill set comparison of Landry and Wilson. Landry's skill set is that he always finds a way to get open, he has the best hands of any receiver I've ever seen play for Miami, and he'll give you everything he's got every play, every game. Plus, he does all this while being the main focus of the defense. He'll play hurt and still perform. Wilson will have to improve ten-fold to be close to the player Landry is. I think a lot of people are going to miss him this season. You never know what you had until you don't have it.

Date: March 15, 2018 10:19AM

Wilson runs good routes has decent hands, is faster, is a better down the field option and is more shifty.

Landry is tougher, also runs good routes, has better hands, but he's also more volitle and less disciplined.

Whether or not he turns out to have equal to or more production is the big question.

Date: March 15, 2018 11:16AM

Albert Wilson

Recep /Yds /Avg /TDs /Long /Yds/Gm
124/ /1544 /12.5 /7 /63 /28.1

Jarvis Landry

/400 /4038 /10.1 /22 /71 /63.1

Same number of years in the league. The numbers aren't even close.

Wilson ran a 4.43 40 at the combine. Landry had a 4.65 at the combine but later ran a 4.51 at his pro day.

Wilson is faster. Everything else favors Landry.

Date: March 15, 2018 02:39PM

Fins72, No one is saying Wilson is better or more productive than Landry. However Landry has been a starter while Wilson was 4th on the Chiefs depth chart so he didn't get to play a lot.

When comparing the skills each player possesses the numbers they put up go out the window. I stand by my comments.

If Wilson puts up half of the numbers Landry did I will be happy with bringing him in as long as Amendola gets the other half. I will also be happy if our WR group as a whole gets better and each player does more equaling the production Landry got all by himself.

Better team play, not individual play, is of course the reason for doing all of this.

Date: March 15, 2018 05:32PM

Amendola will be a two year ‘class’ in how to paly receiver? Sorry I’m not buying that one. Welker was a better Patriot than Amendola, look what he did in Miami. Again, Amendola has averaged less than 500 yards a year receiving in NE, that’s not gonna replaces Landry and we don’t have Tom Brady throwing the ball.

Date: March 16, 2018 12:14AM

Amendola was not signed to replace Landry...if he catches 50 balls for 500 yards the team will be happy.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: March 16, 2018 02:36AM

Amendola and Wilson each create different match up potentials for the offense. Amendola is a class veteran who will lead WR group. Wilson has upward talent projectory and speed.

It's not juts about replacing Landry. it's making the offense more dynamic, less easy to defend.

Date: March 16, 2018 04:27AM

If we had gotten Amendola 4 years ago, I'd have been very happy. Football has become a cap strategy game is so many ways now. The question is whether it's a good idea to sign a guy who is 33 years old and has a history of injuries including 3 concussions for 6 million a year. I'm dubious of that move. Albert Wilson is even more of a difficult decision to defend. He's never been more than a 4th option in KC with arguably a better QB and undeniably a better offensive unit overall. The thought that he will come to Miami and outperform what he's always been is a stretch. Moreover, to pay him 8 million a year is the real issue. That's way too much money to extend to a guy that has never been a consistent play-maker. Saying he's fast is such a cop-out. Lots of receivers are fast. Much fewer are consistent chain movers and play makers. I know what that kind of player looks like-- I watched him for 4 years making plays for Miami wearing number 14.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: March 16, 2018 04:33AM

the problem is we weren't willing to pay our own guy 15mm/year. I agree, that shouldn't be allotted to the slot wr but don't go out and spend the same money trying fill the hole you created.

that 16mm we saved on jarvis could have gone to an LB, TE, or OL...three glaring holes we've had for a decade. A quality TE takes away 30-40% of landry's targets.

and spare me "we're bringing in guys to change the culture" nonsense. winning creates culture. culture starts at the top. if you're FA shopping for good leaders, good culture guys then you have the wrong HC. Did Jacksonville's culture change with their FAs last year or was it Marrone and Coughlin that changed the culture. Gase is in over his head but I'm glad they're on record with their culture change plan. If it fails they have no more excuses and should be show the door.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2018 04:35AM by jsm08.

Date: March 16, 2018 05:07AM

jsm08 Wrote:
> the problem is we weren't willing to pay our own
> guy 15mm/year. I agree, that shouldn't be
> allotted to the slot wr but don't go out and spend
> the same money trying fill the hole you created.
>
>
> that 16mm we saved on jarvis could have gone to an
> LB, TE, or OL...three glaring holes we've had for
> a decade. A quality TE takes away 30-40% of
> landry's targets.
>
> and spare me "we're bringing in guys to change the
> culture" nonsense. winning creates culture.
> culture starts at the top. if you're FA shopping
> for good leaders, good culture guys then you have
> the wrong HC. Did Jacksonville's culture change
> with their FAs last year or was it Marrone and
> Coughlin that changed the culture. Gase is in
> over his head but I'm glad they're on record with
> their culture change plan. If it fails they have
> no more excuses and should be show the door.

jsm,

You should read the article about Sitton by Hal Habib. He talks about how when Sitton was in Green Bay, he was considered a bit of a trouble maker by criticizing players and coaches and sometimes even refusing to do certain drills in practice. Green Bay supposedly let him go because his play had slipped and his attitude began rubbing off on the younger players. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled they finally signed a guard who has some talent but it completely undermines the whole "culture" BS argument. If Landry was a malcontent, why on earth would you sign Sitton? I never read that Landry refused to do certain drills.

Date: March 16, 2018 07:08AM

95% of the 'headcases', 'malcontents' and 'attitude problems' would become model citizens overnight if we had a successful organization that the players had faith in and wanted to be a part of. Nobody likes to be in bad situations where the people running it seem to have no clue what they are doing. This goes double for young, competitive, professional athletes. And I don't care how you spin it, we just let go FAR more talent than we have or will be able to replace this year at WR for basically the same money...its crazy.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.