HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          MR. Gase
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
MR. Gase
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: October 27, 2017 05:07PM

Hello all, again another post and I would appreciate any of your opinions. The question is do you trust Gase?? I do not. This is the second time he has thrown his offense under the bus by saying he is sick of the shit and how horrible it is. He even went so far as to say for 2yrs now his players have not studied the scheme and arent showing any effort to fix it. UMMMMMMMM your the coach is he not? I call him mr. now because he has not earned coach in my eyes. It started with timmons breaking his so called only 2 rules, then he brings the guy back instead of cutting him. what does he expect from his players, they know everyword out of his mouth is crap and they dont fear him. Hell Landry just said, I dont draw the plays or schemes. If he wants to know what the problem is, it is hiself. If you want the team to study and show effort and you have seen this for 2 yrs now, quit being there friend and coach them. Pick your worst offender so to speak and cut his ass regardless of who he is and make the statement that everyone is next if they dont @#$%& play. My god i would have lost my business if I did this ridiculous crap secondly go to ross and tell him to fire damn grier and tannentit so you can draft actual players. Be a coach, not a whiny ass with no backbone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MR. Gase
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 27, 2017 06:42PM

Don't trust Gase. NY Jets have the coach that we should have had and let go away after he righted the ship after Philbin got fired.

Then we had Dan Campbell as interim and the W-monger owner we have let him go as well.

Date: October 27, 2017 08:15PM

I cant for the life of me, understand how gase can rip the offense and say they wont study the playbook and wont prepare themselves for the game, but yet you have 2 and 3 and 4 rounders on the bench and you dont put them in, let alone shitcan a player. who has a video of him?????? god almight the only player with balls on this team, is the waterboy and he dont play. I was sickened to be honest with them letting campbell go. Now that man had balls and the players new it and played for him. Gase has lost this team and the players no it and basically give him the finger to his face. ugggggghh

Date: October 27, 2017 09:21PM

But hey, Mr. Gase, if you want my advice. Do it like they would have it in my town in Oklahoma in the late 50s and early 60s. Bench every starter you can and play the second stringers....or both offense and defense.

These bench warmers won't want to go back to the bench. They will immediately respond. And the starters, if they ever substitute back in, will see the opponent across the line as if that guy was trying to pull the life support on that starter's machine in the hospital.

You can't talk people into playing inspired. You have to bench them and give the guys waiting in their shadow their jobs.

The second stringers will play like mad and so will the former first stringers if they ever get back in.

Screw the salaries and the pecking order.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 28, 2017 03:23AM

Dumb ass thread.

Dude........Gaze has this team with a 4-3 winning record without a qb.....

You are hopeless.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 28, 2017 05:14AM

I agree with Gase, most of what I see as our problems revolve around a lack of effort, attention to detail and discipline from the players on the field.

Poor angles, poor tackling, penalties, not picking up blockers, receivers not blocking and a myriad of other small details are what have us at 4-3 instead of 7-0 or 6-1.

Not even talking about injuries because you can't help those.

Coaches can only do so much, once the game starts players gotta play and do the right things when they do.

Date: October 28, 2017 06:34AM

4-3wooohoooo woopy da zip zip. 2 missed field goals from being 2-5!! yes gase is the whisperer. Give me a break. This team is absolute shit right now 40 to 0 and its because of the qb? the same QB everyone wanted????? This team looks lost and confused Landry looked like and acted like he didnt even want to play. Pouncy is horrible sorry to say it and the players are not giving any effort at all and gase is not making them accountable. Again if the bullshit coming out of his mouth was a music note, this team would be an orchestra. I agree 500% with Chyren Bench these guys all of them, for the first quarter atleast and see what happens. Maybe your up the first time in 8 games, maybe your down 50 but atleast you are making a point and trying. From ross down its a team of EUNICHS. no balls

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 28, 2017 06:43AM

fiedlerhater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From ross down its a
> team of EUNICHS. no balls

LOL...the last time I heard the term " eunuch" associated with the Dolphins was when the late great Jim Mandich referred to a player who was playing 'lost' (which currently is pretty much our ENTIRE team).

The quote from Mandich is "he's completely useless out there...like a eunuch in a whorehouse!"

Date: October 28, 2017 09:39AM

hahahah thanks JC i have been following this team for 40+ yrs. As gase said himself, I am tired of compromising with anyone, if they want to come on board great, if not we will get rid of them. UMMMMMMMM bullshit eunich. If you had the balls someone would have been cut this morning. Talk is cheap and thats all you ever hear, Mr. tough guy. Ask timmons how afraid he is of his threats. just a point here, Lonzo Ball is way more hyped and popular than ANY current phin correct? Last nite with 3 minutes left and down a few points LA coach benched the whole damn staring lineup because they were lazy and put in the second string. we play the same shit every down every week every game and wonder why we suck. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Just my opinion, but somebodys ass would be gone.And stills, landry, pouncey and joint face would be sitting, thomas would also be cut, let fasano play every down. Ajayi your not even active for the next game.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 28, 2017 09:56AM

Guys, the whole team is at fault.

Gase: needs better play calling, but like he said, he has already dumbed down the playbook a couple of times. Maybe you guys didn't hear him (or read what he said) but he said things are going to change; he is going to play the guys who WANT to play. Play calling - all those quick passes behind the line....STAY behind the line. I don't see those losses from the rest of the NFL.

QB: RT goes down. The whole offense was predicated on what he could do. That had to change as Cutler (and Moore) are not RT. Cutler had to get his timing down with the receivers. That started to happen in the Jets game, but then, lo and behold, down goes Cutler. When Moore went in, things looked very smooth. Then came Balt. So much for that.

OL: RBs can't even get to the line before three guys are all over them. QB has no time to survey the field nor set up for a throw. Three first rounders on the line.

RBs: Gase says they have been having trouble picking up rushers. Looks that way to me...QBs getting hit constantly.

Receivers: Not getting separation and dropping passes. Miami has the most drops in the NFL this season? Thomas looks like he is just lumbering along; no speed or quickness. Gase should call on Fasano more. Is Gase utilizing Grant's speed? I don't know because (1) he is rarely in the game and (2) I have yet to see a long pass to him. The least he can do is get the safety off of the short to medium routes.

Defense: Until the Balt game, Miami's D was ranked in the top 5, however, I was not impressed during that run. Quite a few long runs and of course, the pass D is mediocre. How many sacks has the D had thus far? IMO, just not enough pressure on the QB. Wake has, once again, good numbers, but he isn't getting help. Suh is playing great, which means he is getting double teamed but the rest of the guys aren't doing the job.

So, there ya have it. It's an all around disaster, BUT....Miami is 4-3.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 30, 2017 01:48AM

you want gase to cut landry and ajayi? they're the main culprits to the dumbed down offense.

landry is still runs the wrong routes. ajayi tries to hit the home run on every carry instead of following his blocks. I saw it at least a half a dozen times against the ravens. he could get 4-5 yards but instead loses 2 because he wants to hit it big. and who gets blamed? the oline.

every time gase dumbs down the offense he makes it more predictable for opposing defenses. it's the midway point of year 2 in the scheme. if guys still don't know it bench them. when he said fans won't be happy with it that meant he was benching landry and/or ajayi.

I, personally, hope he does bench them.

Date: October 30, 2017 03:04AM

Cut them or trade them, what good is a roster spot if its not worth playing?? get some draft pics, team is not worth a shit with them, so why not get players that are. Start the purge for gods sake and get someone in that can manage a team and stop this 20yrs mudslide.

Date: October 30, 2017 09:54AM

If absence makes the heart grow fonder then benching makes the starter play harder. (And it follows that playing makes the guy who has been riding the bench perform better).

Date: October 30, 2017 10:42AM

Retardation is underated sometimes. LMAO.

Date: October 30, 2017 06:44PM

I understand what you are saying. But seriously if they dont even want to study the playbook and dont really care how they are playing, do you really think sitting for 15mins is going to make a difference? cmon man, if they had that much damn pride in themselves we wouldnt even be talking this. This is romper room at its finest. Hopefully I am wrong, i really hope I am but the situation runs much deeper than a OL that is terrible.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 30, 2017 08:45PM

I doubt that you could actually do this for a variety of reasons, but it sounds like a pretty good idea to me. I'm SICK of being embarrassed by an inept performance by this team on national television. Put us on a high profile nationally televised game, we seem to f**k it up every time. I remember a time when that wasn't true- and, I miss those times. Also- what is it about the Ravens? We let them bully us and push us around, and play like a bunch of pansies against them. I'm SICK of it.
P.S. I find it interesting that Gase's former O-coordinator is having much the same offensive problems in his new gig as head coach of the Broncos. Another bad offense with a terrible o-line. HMMMM.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2017 08:51PM by dolphan4545.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 31, 2017 02:43AM

If Ajayi is too egotistical to follow instructions on how best to execute a running play, not following his big men, or if Landry, who has star qualities, continues to run sloppy routes thinking that he too can overcome the defense because he is so elite, then these guys should be traded. Guys who show such arrogance are not the team players. To execute plays requires full mental and physical participation. Top teams, IMO seek to be precise, on running routes, blocking, knowing their assignments, comprehending the situation, acting smart and playing smart which is to avoid unsportsmanship behavior. If a player can't do all of these things, maybe another player can.

Posted by: kelreign ()
Date: October 31, 2017 05:24AM

Can someone post an article where it talks about Ajayi and Landry, specifically, not doing what they're supposed to do? This is news to me. Looks like the O-line (and Jay Cutler) were our worst offenders.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 31, 2017 06:38AM

This is the talk of yet another 'system guy' who's system just isn't working and that leaves him clueless.

If you're Mike Ditka or Vince Lombardi coaching a talented team with loads of potential, making an example of one of your top producing players for lack of effort or whatever, MIGHT make a little sense. If your Adam Gase with our hapless bunch, you probobly just lost the team.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 31, 2017 08:35AM

Gase needs to get over himself and realize Manning was the system in Denver.

Adam Philbin.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 31, 2017 09:05AM

Gase lost the team some time ago.

Date: October 31, 2017 10:58AM

Looks like ayaji is a lockeroom cancer.

Date: October 31, 2017 12:11PM

retardation isnt a bad thing after all. Ajayi was having weekly shitfits and acting like an ass, bitching to the other coaches about gase then in the games running where he wanted to run and doing it his way. Got no problem with him gone, 3yrds a carry aint doing shit regardless. so yeaaaaaaa finally some balls from Gase....Thank You. Now if he really honestly wants to prove a point and tell these dumbasses how it works, then he should bench pouncey and tunsil and landry for the first quarter if not the whole game. Team is better without balsa wood pouncey anyway and you can tell caroo your time is now, drop a ball and your out.. prove yourself. left tackle pick the next man up or just put tunsil at guard.

Date: October 31, 2017 02:27PM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gase needs to get over himself and realize Manning
> was the system in Denver.
>
> Adam Philbin.

RESPONSE: No. He is much worse than Philbin. Philbin just wouldn't play guys out of order. This guy is benching our best player because of one game.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 31, 2017 05:51PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.