HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Treasure, you’re making a difference
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Treasure, you’re making a difference
Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: October 25, 2017 01:30AM

Trust me Chyren, she hates Hillary more than I do by a huge margin. And I actually feel really sorry for any women who votes for her because she was a women. Same goes for whites and blacks that vote simply for the color of their skin.

Hillary is a bad, corrupt, evil human. Trump is just a moron but a moron that actually cares. I know you don't believe that but I do.

The whole majority vote thing doesn't even matter to me because I can pull out other stats that don't matter in voting either. Such as how many counties Trump won compared to Hillary. Those don't matter. The system is set up to work with the electoral process and has been since well forever. Trump campaigned for that. Hillary didn't. Hillary won VA my home state because of one county. That county happens to be the biggest by far in all of VA and guess what....it is extremely liberal. Full of a bunch of whiny college kids.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2017 01:37AM by Grimey13.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 25, 2017 08:38AM

The electoral college system was set up so that the Slave holding states would have more than their proportionate amount of say in the election of the President. They were smaller in population at that time so that essentially meant (before you start bellyaching about me turning the conversation to race)......that meant that it was a system to give more power to SMALLER POPULATION states.

Therefore today that means the vote of the voter in Idaho means more than the votes of voters in Florida or New York or California or Illinois. That's just not fair.

You like it now because it brought you what you want but the worm always turns.

BTW the controversy of the 2000 election with Bush and Gore was all about one state, Florida, and not the electoral college system itself. The controversy then ....that is. So I'm not criticizing that election.

And about your wife....are you really sure????? Trump is for keeping women down and you seem like the type of person who would let your wife know that if she wants to keep being your wife, she had better not believe anything different.

Date: October 25, 2017 09:12AM

My wife can do and go as she chooses. I have never tired her down to my opinion. We have been married for 15 years in January. Which I consider an accomplishment since we married when I was 21 years old.

Her father is 31 years Secret Service (retiring next month) and has worked with many presidents hence her position towards the Clinton's.

So please don't try and make me out to be some woman controller and that I put woman down because I am far from that. I am not sure how Trump is keeping women down. My wife has a degree, teaches, we have her insurance, she is tenured and she has all the same rights and liberties I have. How is Trump holding her down again? Maybe because my wife doesn't expect free stuff to come from anyone else. She has worked for what she has and is damn proud of it. I support her every move and every decision she makes not matter my feelings.

And BTW if my wife doesn't want to be my wife anymore she is free to leave whenever. Rather we both be happy than live in a miserable relationship for the rest of our lives.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2017 09:17AM by Grimey13.

Date: October 25, 2017 09:17AM

No offense meant but just making sure that she really believed it and was just not trying to keep peace in the family.

Date: October 25, 2017 09:20AM

Not at all brother. I didn't take offense to it. My skin is much thicker then that. I just wanted to put my 2 cents out there. Let you know she indeed thinks for herself.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 25, 2017 09:52AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> jsm08 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Case in point...4 soldiers killed in Niger. 3
> > white 1 black.
> >
> > Who are we hearing about on a daily basis?
>
>
> This is one of the stupidest posts I have read.
>
> DUHHHHH!!!!! The mother of the victim (who was
> Black) was IN THE CONVEYANCE, taxi, when the call
> came in from Trump to which a Congresswoman
> listened.
>
> News Flash!!!!! No relatives of the White soldiers
> were in that conveyance!!!!!
>
> The reason that we are hearing about that one
> Black soldier is because he was the only one
> referred to by Trump when he made the statement to
> the effect of HE (the Black soldier) knew what he
> was getting into.
>
> Not They. He.

Chryen, how do you know what Trump said or didn't say to the relative(s) of the other three casualties?

I personally don't know what was or wasn't said to Sgt Johnson's widow, and I doubt the majority of America doesn't either, but I am pretty sure the President wouldn't take the time to make that call to just be rude to the widow.

My personal opinion is the Congresswoman is blowing this all out of proportion (for political reasons) and for some reason, the widow is going along with her.

Just my opinion.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 25, 2017 09:54AM

So they stopped showing the national anthem on TV during pregame?

I didn't know that as I haven't been watching any football, only hearing the news afterwards.

So let me think about this - The NFL tries to address the declining TV audience by omitting the national anthem portion on TV. To me that's just a "Let's pretend this issue doesn't exist" tactic. That doesn't fix the issue in any way.

So what are they doing for the people at the stadium paying the real big bucks who don't want to see players protesting on that platform?

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 25, 2017 10:00AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Okay, my bad. You were saying that she was a
> Trump supporter too.
>
> Really? Are you sure? Are you dee doubly
> sure???? I have heard accounts of women convincing
> their husbands that they were going to vote for
> Trump but getting into the actual voting booth and
> voting for Hillary.
>
> You know why? Prior to 2008, every President was
> a White male. Obama changed the first part of
> that but still after 200 plus years, no WOMAN had
> ever been elected President.
>
> You do realize that it was the electoral college
> that elected Trump???? Hillary won the popular
> vote by 3 million, you know that, don't you?
>
> Did you ever think that many a
> woman.............maybe even your wife...went into
> the voting booth, voted for HILLARY, came out,
> smiled at you with a fist up and said, "Trump" as
> she walked out??
>
> Are you sure that she didn't????? Are you D
> doubly sure??????

Take out the three big liberal states, CA, NY, and MA, and guess what? Trump is in.

Naturally, the Dem's want to get rid of the Electoral College.

Date: October 25, 2017 10:01AM

From what I have heard (I have not witnessed any of this) most teams now do stand during the anthem. Locking arms or raising fist during or after the anthem is completed. If they do not want to stand they wait in the tunnel or in the locker room. Which I believe is what 3 Phins players did this past week.

The only 3 teams I have heard that still sit or kneel are the 49ers, Raiders and Seahawks. Of course all three are West Coast teams.

Of course I could be mistaken but there are article's printed every week that will name each player that protested that week. These are from liberal media outlets also.

Date: October 25, 2017 11:00AM

Date: October 25, 2017 04:09PM

Trump is the strangest psychological study in history.

Not limited to politicians either. Nixon's problem was that he always felt inferior to rich people. He was just a guy from Whittier, an average middle class town but felt inferior when he had to contend with Rockefellers (in the GOP) and Kennedys. But that's a normal problem. A problem but a normal one.

Trump is a person with arrested development. But the oddest thing is the following.

We all have seen Seniors acting like they are in their 30's or 40's. We have seen people in their 30's and 40's acting like they are college students. We have seen College students who still act like they are in high school. We've seen high school students who act like elementary school kids and elementary school kids who act like pre-schoolers.

Trump is a grown man who acts like a PRE-SCHOOLER.

This is no exaggeration. Think about him and his actions. They are the actions of a 5 year old.

Even elementary school kids know limits and can hide their feelings but only a preschooler lacks that ability to even "pretend" to care about other people and their feelings and analyzes every issue on the basis of how it affects him.

You Trump lovers hate me now but you are going to gasp from here on out because you won't be able to forget what I am saying and you will be watching for it and you will see that I am right.

When you see him react in a way you would not have reacted and you think five year old....you will gasp. ChyrenB was right.

Date: October 25, 2017 06:56PM

I did my college thesis on the electoral college. It was started in 1800 to assure the slave states that they would have a bigger say in the election of the President. But by the time of my thesis in 1970, the states of NY, Ill., Penn, Ohio, Mich,, Massachusetts, Texas, and California could elect a President on their own...even when the overwhelming number of the voters voted for the other candidate. It favored the Democrats.

Now, the smaller states have more people as we as a nation have become more urban weary.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 25, 2017 07:09PM

I logged back on to talk about our football team being 4-2 and playing the Ravens tomorrow night and I am seeing someones personal lecture about electoral college and slave states. I thought this was a Miami Dolphins football site, WTF is going on?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 25, 2017 07:12PM

Lets get back on topic guys, we have a winning football team again!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 25, 2017 08:08PM

Yeah, let's.

Crowder, this thread WAS on topic, back on page one. About a dozen and half posts ago.

At least we behaved ourselves.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.