HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Titans v Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Titans v Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 08, 2017 07:45AM

Our first home game. Let's see if anything has changed for the better...go Dolphins. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 07:46AM by colonel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Titans v Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Date: October 08, 2017 08:48AM

The Titans were robbed. Cassel's arm was moving forward when he was hit. If it was a fumble why did it move forward 15 yards? Ruling on the field was a fumble and Jones runs it in for 6. Sorry, but that was a bad call....thumbs down

Date: October 08, 2017 09:39AM

10-3 at halftime. Boring game. No offense. People at the game screaming for Matt Moore. Offense is going no where.

I have things to do on my car so maybe I'll watch this later (maybe) since its being recorded.

Lame offense...just lame; not worth my free time.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 08, 2017 09:39AM

What a pathetic offense, at home. The guru is a fraud. Cutler is a waste of money. Luckily the Titans are even worse.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 08, 2017 09:49AM

Poor play calling. Terrible execution. Taking too long. Short passing game 5-7 yds downfield should work. Defense looking good. Is it time to sit Cutler, or is the problem mostly the o-line?

Rick

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 08, 2017 09:53AM

Not true. Watch it closely, Alonso's helmet strike on Cassel's arm provided the impetus on the ball. Simply a head's up play by Jones.

Rick

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 08, 2017 10:26AM

Stills fails again. 3rd quarter 1:46 left.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 08, 2017 12:44PM

We win, with 92 yds passing and 100 rushing.

Date: October 08, 2017 01:03PM

Date: October 08, 2017 01:04PM

Hang on I'm venting.

My focus has to go to Adam Gase now. He's complained to his players, berated their effort in public and the offense is a disaster. Opponents are not fearful of Cutler's throwing skills so they prepare to stop the run. Most teams have done that this year. Cutler is not the same threat as a more athletic RT. What annoys me is Cutler's lack of spunk. He's too poised, almost nonchalant. He has not shown me a thimble full of leadership thus far. For the first time, I sense that Gase is completely lost and without a plan to get things back on track. He has picked his QB and almost useless TE. The continual lack of execution with so many players must have something to do with poor coaching. I can't come up with a better reason.

The downfall of the Dolphins team and franchise over the past few years has had a adverse effect on the number of participants on this forum. What happened to all the vocal fans we used to see? Are they so turned off that there truly is little to no interest in this franchise any longer.

I hate to see this forum disappear because of a lack of use.

Adam Gase needs to work Moore into the line up. Moore is a Dolphins whereas, Cutler is an Dolphins impostor at QB. The offense needs to score more than 1 TD per game.

This was a pathetic win over a hapless team. What's so ridiculous is they made a game of it. We ain't much better. Sorry state of affairs with the team and lack of fan participation on the forum. moody smiley

Date: October 08, 2017 01:10PM

Well, I'm no Cutler fan and in fact, SamSam will tell you that I'm a Moore fan.

But........kind of silly to bring in someone at the end of the preseason like they brought in Cutler and then start him (instead of just letting him be bench insurance) and expecting any other result.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 08, 2017 01:14PM

Toko liked what he saw out there on the defensive side...and that's what Toko likes- Defense! Finally, a guy that can tackle in Timmons--and the young DL's are showing something. It could be because the Titans are terrible, but at least, there feels like there's a pulse to this team again.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 09, 2017 02:41AM

Gase is in over his head. He has philbin written all over him.

Date: October 09, 2017 08:51AM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 09, 2017 10:07AM

I don't think we have a lack of talent at all. Except at linebacker and corner back. (Mostly depth guys) I think we have serious issues with the execution of the plays and desire to win battles by players.

I think we have become ultra conservative on offense in an attempt to mask these issues and to get the ball to play makers quickly.

And teams are selling out to stop the run and stop the screens, passes to the flats and all of the at or behind the LOS passes such as quick slants, which makes our offense not work.

We can't generate the time required even with Te's and
Rb's in to block for the recievers to run deeper routes causing Cutler to look like crap. The piss poor offensive line play we have seen so far has a ripple effect that causes our entire offense to be bad and ineffective.

Frustrating...

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 09, 2017 11:16AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, I'm no Cutler fan and in fact, SamSam will
> tell you that I'm a Moore fan.
>
> But........kind of silly to bring in someone at
> the end of the preseason like they brought in
> Cutler and then start him (instead of just letting
> him be bench insurance) and expecting any other
> result.

Ummm...paying a guy $10M doesn't earn him a seat on the bench. That is starter money.

Date: October 09, 2017 01:13PM

Any other position then you're right, Cap. However, it's a quarterback league. Not like 1958 when I played Midget Football and it was a Jim Brown running back league.

My point above was that WHAT WE SHOULD HAVE DONE should have been to START MOORE and let him play until 1) he failed or 2) he was injured but yup...........Ten mill for a backup QB. It's a QB game.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 09, 2017 05:41PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.