HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Surgery for Tannehill
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Surgery for Tannehill
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 12, 2017 05:59AM

It's been reported that RT has agreed to knee surgery, thus ending his hopeful return to play this season.

The QB position is now up to Cutler and Moore. Fingers are crossed hoping the season will not be a bust.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Surgery for Tannehill
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: August 12, 2017 08:52AM

Its too bad, but since the stem cell rehab didn't work, time to get the knee repaired surgically so he can be ready for next year.

Rick

Date: August 14, 2017 10:18AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Its too bad, but since the stem cell rehab didn't
> work, time to get the knee repaired surgically so
> he can be ready for next year.

I'm a little pissed knowing he would have been up and running NOW if he had gotten it done back in Oct 16 when he should have.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 14, 2017 01:35PM

Who's choice was it? Tannehill's? Surely Gase had some input. Whoever had the final say screwed up big time considering what Tannehill does for a living.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 14, 2017 01:41PM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 14, 2017 02:15PM

I'm sure it was Tanny and the doctors that made the decision to rehab the knee. The team probably had very little to do with it.

Date: August 14, 2017 02:59PM

Ken, from what I understand, you are quite correct. According to Mike Florio and several other people closer to the team, doctors including knee expert Dr. James Nichols and the Dolphins team physician, agreed with Tannehill that the stem cell therapy, which had been used by Peyton Manning to rehab his neck, was a viable strategy. It worked in Manning's case and several others, it's just too bad it didn't work for Tannehill. Getting cut on is, and should be, the last resort, particularly since there are other therapies available today.

Rick

Date: August 15, 2017 04:45AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> I'd like the know the real story as to who
> convinced who. Did Tanny convince Gase to go
> along with his decision not to have it (after all
> it is ultimately Tanny's call as no one can force
> you to have an operation)? Or did Gase talk Tanny
> into it?
>
> I think Tanny probably thought, wrongly, that not
> having the surgery would have him playing sooner.
> Ass wrong but sometimes people make
> mistakes....even stupid ones.

I"m as positive as can be without actually being there that it was all Tannys decision. He wanted to play in the playoffs BAD. After the injury you can see him tearing up on the side line. He does not get emotional or mad, but he wants it.

I feel awful for him but his decision was kinda selfish. I get it. I'm not putting him down. I support him 100% , but it was a @#$%& bad decision that cost the TEAM.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 15, 2017 09:04AM

Such a great receiving corps gone to waste.................Now cutler is getting ready to play in the second pre season game.

Why am i upbeat about all this? Why?

Maybe because iam a phins homer thats why.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 15, 2017 01:23PM

Treasure, the doctors that know far more about it than any of us apparently thought (stem cell) it was just as good a procedure. Reports have been that the injured knee checked out during evaluations as stronger than the non injured knee. If I was RT and had that information (and much more) about a non surgical option, I'd have done it too...as would most of you. It socks but second guessing is useless.

Date: August 15, 2017 02:08PM

Ken, in my civil division days at the Attorney General's office before I transferred into the Criminal Division, I was a party to civil suits wherein the medi-CAL (California's version of Medicare) patient was the plaintiff and was suing for money, the State had a claim on some of that money because it had paid for the doctor's bills and was entitled to that back. If there was a settlement conference, I had to go. Of course, I was clearly always on the plaintiff's side because we had paid for his or her medical bills and were entitled to that portion back.

Well, some of those cases involved medical malpractice. Now, Doctors may have more book learning than us lawyers. But geeezzzzzz, they can be the most natively stupid people and for pure common sense, I'd a helluva lot quicker trust the judgement of a guy riding the garbage truck and jumping off to dump the contents of the can into the truck. So saying I trust the doctor's judgement would be something I would never say.

When the doctor talks about what medicine will do to you and what is involved in a procedure, etc., I would trust him. But when he says that a stem cell procedure would or would not allow him to play the upcoming season......not so much.

Date: August 16, 2017 05:29PM

As they had the opinions of several doctors that are recognized as "experts" on the human knee and strategies to heal same I can understand why the team and the player would opt to go with that strategy.
Since lawyers don't really know anything except how to use an expert's opinion to their own advantage, refusing to accept coinciding opinions from several acknowledged experts because of personal prejudices against that profession is rather foolish.

Rick

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: August 17, 2017 07:28AM

I think it was worth a shot considering how he was able to appear indestructible and maintain his health for so long before this happened. Yes it was a gamble and we all lose but it was still worth a shot nonetheless. His durability alone made him a better draft pick by far compared to RGIII.

Date: August 17, 2017 10:45AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> As they had the opinions of several doctors that
> are recognized as "experts" on the human knee and
> strategies to heal same I can understand why the
> team and the player would opt to go with that
> strategy.
> Since lawyers don't really know anything except
> how to use an expert's opinion to their own
> advantage, refusing to accept coinciding opinions
> from several acknowledged experts because of
> personal prejudices against that profession is
> rather foolish.

So how do you explain, Rick, the fact that there are FAR MORE malpractice judgments against doctors than lawyers?

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: August 17, 2017 11:43AM

There's more frivolous lawsuits against Drs than lawyers?

Date: August 17, 2017 02:41PM

Malpractice suits PERIOD!!!!! There are very few, if any (I haven't seen one yet) malpractice lawsuits FILED against ATTORNEYS and you and everybody else KNOWS there are multitudes of malpractice suits FILED against doctors.

And, in fact, the word THAT I actually SAID was that there were fewer malpractice "judgments" meaning final verdicts. LOL. Frivolous judgments is almost a contradiction in terms.

Date: August 17, 2017 04:15PM

Ken Wrote:
> Treasure, the doctors that know far more about it
> than any of us apparently thought (stem cell) it
> was just as good a procedure. Reports have been
> that the injured knee checked out during
> evaluations as stronger than the non injured knee.
> If I was RT and had that information (and much
> more) about a non surgical option, I'd have done
> it too...as would most of you. It socks but second
> guessing is useless.

The Doctors may know more........but they were WRONG. dead wrong , because Tanny didn't even last a series in practice. I bet those same Doctors also said Trump was gonna lose And The Seahawks were right for throwing the ball in that last play of the Superbowl........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 20, 2017 10:36PM

Date: August 21, 2017 10:40AM

Date: August 21, 2017 11:01AM

No need to let it get personal.

FACT: Tanny got bad advice. That didn't serve him well when he was just looking for an excuse NOT to get season ending knee surgery.

RESULT: He got season ending surgery anyway 8 months later. It is what it is....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 21, 2017 03:58PM

Did you think so? Interesting. Well, I didn't mean it to be nasty. I simply meant for us to try to focus on football.

Rick

Date: August 22, 2017 07:45PM

Date: August 23, 2017 08:36PM

Very interesting strategy, misdirection. ChyrenB, since that post was DIRECTLY connected to YOUR post, It is obvious that that statement was meant for YOU. If you see that comment as nasty, that's your problem. Also, he did not say "nasty", he said "personal".

Rick

Date: August 23, 2017 08:42PM

TCPF, I'm not sure that I agree that he got bad advice, and I'm sure that you are correct in saying that Tannehill was looking for an excuse not to get cut on. I can't blame him for that - and the advice he got was from the best sources available. Too bad they were wrong.
On the bright side, its said that he will be ready for camp next year, and maybe earlier.

Rick

Date: August 24, 2017 03:07AM

Dolphin4545, I agree wholeheartedly. I would never blame him for trying to avoid surgery. I avoided Shoulder surgery until I literaly couldn't function or sleep anymore.

But the fact is that decision cost a Lot of people. All those months rehabbing for nothing.it just pissed me off. But deep down it was just his deep desire to play and win. And getting Cutler helped soothe the wound. If we had to deal with a season of Matt Moore I'd be cursing Ryan reportedly. eye rolling smileygrinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 24, 2017 12:36PM

The"personal" Treasure was referring to WAS your nasty comment directed at me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.