HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pat White
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pat White
Posted by: allsports ()
Date: April 30, 2009 04:20AM

Mountaineer fan!
Enjoy the Pat White ride!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2009 04:23AM by allsports.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pat White video
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 30, 2009 04:26AM

Thank you for the video....People said he was small. He doesnt look that small to me. He is gotta be at least 6'1----6'2....

Hopefully he is the other version of steve young. A faster steve young.

September cant get here soon enough. Im pumped for the season.

GO PHINS.

Re: Pat White
Date: April 30, 2009 04:28AM

So you are a mountaneer fan?????

Tell us your thoughts about him.

Posted by: allsports ()
Date: April 30, 2009 04:35AM

Had to take the video down.
Posted the wrong link.

Will bring it back soon.

I'm a Steeler fan who works for WVU.
Damn...I wanted to see him in black n gold.

He is electrifying. He's a winner, a leader, a team player, got a swagger, a supreme work ethic, and THRIVES on the underdog role. The more people say he cant and wont succeed, the better he'll get.

He is the apple of WVU's eye, and every Mountaineer fan in the world will hold ( minimum) a small place in their heart for the Dolphins as long as Pat is in Miami.

He has a tatoo of the Mountaineer statue on his arm.

What draft guru's cant gauge is heart. White's got heart.

Best to ya

Date: April 30, 2009 04:42AM

Thank You..

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 04, 2009 04:52AM

With the selection of White and how the FO is handling the situation, White is also being used as a tool to keep the fire under Henne's butt and not letting him get complacent.

It looks like they are making sure Henne doesn't get a big head and think that he is "the chosen one" because of all the praise he has received. They are creating competition...unlike what he had with Beck. I like this strategy. It will only make him work harder.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: May 04, 2009 09:59AM

Yeah competetion is a good thing.

Date: May 04, 2009 10:00AM

Date: May 04, 2009 10:54AM

I think he reads these boards. Every time I have a thought or read about it on here. A blog comes out about it. LOL

.....................................................................................

Date: May 04, 2009 11:19AM

LOL. He does for sure.

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: May 04, 2009 02:16PM

I've also wondered whether or not Armando reads these boards. Several months ago there were a few posts, including my own, bashing him for being lazy with his blog and being a terrible writer. However, since then he has cleaned up his writing by a significant amount.

There aren't too many places dedicated solely to the Miami Dolphins. He has to gauge fan interest somewhere.

Date: May 04, 2009 02:23PM

Armondo...if you are reading this, email me to get my address so you can send the commission check. I have many more ideas for my next column.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: May 05, 2009 08:31AM

I am a Rutgers alum and had the great privilege of watching white rip us a new one for years. His first 3 years he was a TERRIBLE passer with horrible mechanics and I never thought that he could improve. What really helped him was 1) steve slaton was drafted at the end of his third year and 2) coach rich Rodriguez left WVU and went to Michigan his third year.

This is because rich Rodriguez spread offense was not geared towards throwing. Pat white only had to look at the DE, if he came in then he would hand off so slaton could go around him for a big run. If the DE stayed put then white would fake the hand off and run the other direction. It was a read and react RUN attack. If Rodriquez would have stayed I do not believe that white would be as developed as he is now.

Lets look at his passing stats
Year1: 114 att, 65 comp, 828 yards, 8 TD, 5 Int
Year2: 179 att, 118 comp, 1655 yards, 13 TD, 7 Int
Year3: 216 att, 114 comp, 1724 yards, 14 TD, 4 Int
Year4: 274 att, 180 comp, 1844 yards, 21 TD, 7 Int

Please keep in mind for his 4th year rich Rodriguez and slaton left and WVU had there worst running attack in white's 4 years and he responded with his best passing year ever. I could not believe his drastic improvement in his throwing mechanics, I was truly impressed (also he won MVP at the senior bowl- strictly as a quarter back)...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2009 08:33AM by Miami Reppa.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: May 06, 2009 05:31AM

Pat will be our secret weapon. well not so secret since other teams know what we are trying to accomplish. He will be just another 20-30 plays other teams will have to worry about.

Glad they will all be working overtime trying to figure out how to stop it.

Posted by: tboneabbott ()
Date: May 07, 2009 06:03AM

I guess I am in the minority ,but am not very happy with the Miami Dolphins second round pick Pat white. I don't think he was a player we needed right now . I just doesn't make sense to me . There was so many other players I would have drafted before drafting Pat White.

Tboneabbott

If you're mad at your kid, you can either raise him to be a nose tackle or send him out to play on the freeway. It's about the same.
-Bob Golic

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: May 07, 2009 06:32AM

Ive always said, we need playmakers.

If I were a basketball coach and I really needed a Center on my team, but Michael Jordan was on the board, Im picking Jordan.

Im not saying White is Jordan but what I am saying is that if the brass feel that he was the best player available then they made the right decision. Just because we needed a MLB, OLB, NT at that time doesnt mean we dont need to take the BPA. Take the best player...always....and I feel we did that.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 07, 2009 06:34AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I were a basketball coach and I really needed a
> Center on my team, but Michael Jordan was on the
> board, Im picking Jordan.

I hope there aren't any Trailblazers fans on the board. You probably struck a nerve with that comment.

Date: May 07, 2009 06:37AM

smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley....

but it's true, right!?

---------------------

Date: May 07, 2009 06:43AM

Or the Houston Rockets....lol (Originally from Illinois, I am a Bulls fan)

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: May 07, 2009 08:11AM

The question is without the wild cat how many wins do you think we would have had? i would guess between 5-8. the wild cat was our bread and butter and is the x-factor in our offense. It is very important to our success to have that formation at it peak efficentcy, and if white can get that done then for use we should have drafted him with our first round pick because you cant take a chance of a guy you really need being taken by another team. Dont tell me ohh the experts said that he would be around in the late second, third or maybe fourth. if he is your guy then you go and get him. If he can run the wild cat half as well as he ran the spread at WVU then the nfl needs to recognise that the fish are for real...

Tell me how much you hate the pick when we are running wild on the nfl.

Date: May 07, 2009 08:44AM

eesti Wrote:
> Or the Houston Rockets....lol (Originally from
> Illinois, I am a Bulls fan)

I doubt the Rockets regret drafting Olajuwan, regardless of how good Jordan was.

Date: May 07, 2009 09:08AM

They dont, but they should. Jordan had 6 titles to Olajuwans 2, and by the way those 2 would have never happened if Jordan was playing those 2 seasons.

Olajuwan is one of the all-time greats, but anybody that passes on MJ made a *HUGE* mistake.

---------------------

Date: May 07, 2009 09:21AM

Are you kidding? I would regret drafting ANYONE and passing on Jordan. You are talking about the most dominating player in all of sports.

Olajuwan was a great, great Center but Jordan was a 5 time NBA MVP, H.O was a one time MVP.

Olajuwan is not even the best Center to play in the NBA. Jordan is the best PLAYER to play in the NBA.

Olajuwan 21.8 PPG career
Jordan 30.1 PPG career

Jordan willed the Bulls to 6 Championships (could have been 8 consecutive)....without him, they don't have any. The Rockets have won two championships. They should thank Jordan for both of them because the first one was when Jordan retired and the second one was when Jordan played in only 17 games after returning.

You don't think the Rockets would trade Olajuwan for Jordan? You don't think they would trade two championships for 8 championships. If that's not regret, I don't know what is.

Date: May 07, 2009 12:28PM

you cant stop the wild cat with pat white, which is why i was preaching and we got him, its game over, you stack the box with 8 then you got 3 one on one with the wr's, td every time, if you only use 6 or 7 then you bring out one rb for a hb toss and get 5 yards or so, use only 5 and then run down their throats you cant stop it with a guy like white and brown on it together. period.

Date: May 07, 2009 02:00PM

Olajuwan is a legend in Houston, in both college and pros. I, honestly, don't think a real Houston fan nor the Rockets organization regrets that draft in any way. Sure, they only got 2 championships out of it, but Jordan didn't win a championship until they paired him with Pippen and Phil Jackson became their coach. If Olajuwan would have paired with Pippen and played under Jackson, he might have won 6 championships instead of 2. It's tough to compare them because they played different positions. I'm just saying Olajuwan is one of the greats and a HoFer. You can't ask for much more.

Now, Portland's pick of Sam Bowie, that's a different story.

Date: May 07, 2009 03:54PM

what the ? f.ck does this have to do with pat white? and since your on the subject of YES MICHAEL JORDAN WAS WAAAYYYYY BETTER THAN THE JUAN LOL I CANT SPELL IT lol dont let pride of your team, blind you in ignorance, lol trying to compare the greatest lol lmao. he would be a better comparison to a charles barkly or at best bryant.

Date: May 07, 2009 06:35PM

montequi Wrote:
> Olajuwan is a legend in Houston, in both college
> and pros. I, honestly, don't think a real Houston
> fan nor the Rockets organization regrets that
> draft in any way.

If they did, they would never admit it. If they say they were happier having Hakim than Michael....their pride is talking. Not their common sense.

Sure, they only got 2
> championships out of it, but Jordan didn't win a
> championship until they paired him with Pippen and
> Phil Jackson became their coach.

and how did Pippen do without Jordan? Phil Jackson is a good coach and his triangle offense is great with the right players. It was truly a miracle he pulled off in LA with low level players like Shaq, Kobe, Sally & Rice. winking smiley

> If Olajuwan
> would have paired with Pippen and played under
> Jackson, he might have won 6 championships instead
> of 2.

That is a huge speculation and not realistic. MJ was so dominant, he refused to lose and all other teams didn't stand a chance while he was playing. Pippen was over rated and the Lakers under Jackson were the NBA version of the Yankees. They bought the titles. HO also played with Clyde Drexler, who was better than Pippen and Charles Barkley but still no championships.

It's tough to compare them because they
> played different positions.

The NBA's all time leading scorer is a Center. (KAJ)

I'm just saying
> Olajuwan is one of the greats and a HoFer. You
> can't ask for much more.

True....he was one of the greats and probably the NBA's 3rd best Center of all time but you can ask for more....MJ. lol.

> Now, Portland's pick of Sam Bowie, that's a
> different story.

Very true...he is nowhere near as good as HO or MJ.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.