HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Patriots v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Patriots v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 01, 2017 10:47AM

A complete, maddening and total lack of excecution today...if we play like this next week Pit will slaughter us. Gase needs to seriously get into the teams a..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 01, 2017 10:49AM

If not for that fumble...Dammit!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 01, 2017 10:50AM

There were moments were the passing attack looked healthy....but that catch and knock-out by the Pat's defender followed by a loose ball...a better than decent run for a LB before being caught...was the end of the ball game. The subsequent score was the icing on the cake for the Pats and the punch in the groin for us. OUCH!

Moore didn't lose this game. Tannehill could not have done any better, IMO and; if Brady was our QB, he would have lost this game too. Defense couldn't do much against such a capable defense. Holding was also a featured play by Pats. They seem to get away with them more than other teams...just my opinion on that.

At least we are going to the playoffs....

Date: January 01, 2017 10:51AM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If not for that fumble...Dammit!

That was a game changer.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 01, 2017 10:53AM

I agree with the announcer...Give Yates the last 2 minutes.

This is only garbage time & he needs experience.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: January 01, 2017 10:54AM

Aren't blindside peel back blocks illegal now? Another no call that gave the Pats a TD...

Date: January 01, 2017 10:57AM

That sucked like a Madonna campaign promise. eye popping smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 01, 2017 10:58AM

Well folks let's get these bastards next season. We're not there yet but we could be then.

Date: January 01, 2017 11:00AM

Meanwhile Pit is going into overtime with...Cleveland

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 01, 2017 11:03AM

Since we will be the 6th seed, I believe, then we will see them after the first playoff game if we when that because they are No.1 and when the 3rd seed plays us and the 4th seed plays the 5th seed.

Should we beat the 3rd seed, then we would be the lowest remaining seed and must play the no. 1 seed, NE in NE of course.

Date: January 01, 2017 11:05AM

Pittsburg isn't half the team the Pats are. Not as prepared and methodical, not as disciplined and certainly don't get the sheer volume of officiating breaks the Pats are afforded...I like our chances to be honest. And I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have Moore in that game. He doesn't have the sheer physical skills of Thill but reads blitzes better, sees the field better and has more pocket presence IMO. If Ajai can turn in a decent day we'll be fine offensively.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 01, 2017 11:06AM

Oh goodie. We'll show them

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: January 01, 2017 11:10AM

We are a better team ... and the 10-6 record is the best since Pennington. Yet, all positions and strategies need to be improved upon during the off-season.

The benchmark team is NE. Our coaches need to study their game films (or video) and start to imitate their approach with opponents. Understanding what they do right and following that approach might make us quite competitive.

Bottom line: We must improve at every position to include coaching.

Date: January 01, 2017 11:14AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... and the 10-6 record is
> the best since Pennington.

Date: January 01, 2017 11:33AM

Colonel don't forget we have a bunch of starters out. Yes we need to get better of course, but Add Tannehill, Jones,Pouncy back to the rooster and we are a different team.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 01, 2017 12:12PM

I think you guys are making too much of a meaningless game. Half the D was out today. We were making a good run until williams coughed it up.

I do agree that the pats ol holds almost every play. Our coaches need to point that out to the refs the next time we play them in 2 weeks!

Date: January 01, 2017 12:12PM

The addition of Tannehill would have been a subtraction to our score today. And he probably would have gotten killed in the bargain.

Date: January 01, 2017 12:15PM

The refs have ALWAYS favored the Pats. Pointing it out as many coaches across the league have done would have done no good.

Date: January 01, 2017 12:24PM

TC--I haven't forgotten about our starters, heck no, but I do know that some of them aren't playing optimally anymore because of injuries or nagging injuries or not playing at all (Pouncey).

Don't get me wrong we have some real players, some still on the rise, while others may have seen their best games. We need to look at every position and use NE as the blue print comparing each position strength to our counter-part. Some positions will be equal others will not be. Those not as good are the positions that need upgrades (or better coaching to improve play, assuming the player has aptitude and ability to improve). All of this is subjective of course.

Our 2nd and third stringers need to get better too because they need to be able to step it up and rise to the occasion in the last 4 weeks of the regular season when sore muscles and injuries hamper play on every team. The team with the healthiest and most skilled bench can make a big difference.

Anyway, we aren't there yet. I'm happy about the 10-6 season, would have enjoyed an 11-5 season with a big win over the Patriots, but that's not the case.

Our record will bring us stronger competition outside our division next season and we need to win most of those non-divisional games. NE will probably be the team to beat in our division again next season so we must beat up the Bills and Jets routinely. If we do all of this...we will have really "turned the corner."

Date: January 01, 2017 01:24PM

N.E.'s 'Blueprint' starts and ends with #11. Belichick is like .800 with him, .470 Or so without. What other team can put any two 5'7'', slow white guys no one has ever heard of at receiver, pick up Olinemen off the street, line up cast offs and other teams practice squad guys at running back and still be at the top of NFL offenses every year? Our receiving corp and new found running game have made the hapless Thill look good and Matt freakin Moore AFC offensive player of the week. Brady had our receivers, he'd throw for 6000 yards..,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2017 01:36PM by KB.

Date: January 01, 2017 02:01PM

The part I agree with is that the Patsies are the masters of the dink and the dunk short range passing game. Brady is the master of that. From Wes Welker who they got from us to Edelman and Amendola. Brady has never been a long bomber. They kill you with short range passes to little receivers. For all the big name deep threats they have had in the past, they kill you with that dink and the dunk for about 5 yards.

Date: January 01, 2017 02:59PM

Look at these stats

Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
T. Brady 25 33 276 3

MIAMI DOLPHINS
Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
M. Moore 24 34 205 2

Kinda similar, right?

Date: January 01, 2017 04:41PM

I wouldn't say similar results. You throw the ball the same amount of times and get 35% more yards and 33% more TD's...You also left out two important numbers: int's: Moore 1 Brady 0 and QBR rating: Moore 93.4 Brady 130.4! The last 11 games our QB play has been as good as it's been in almost 10 years, but if NE is the 'blueprint', not even close.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2017 04:45PM by KB.

Date: January 01, 2017 05:31PM

Date: January 01, 2017 05:52PM

In fact, the Ravens torched our defense for what? 38 points?

Date: January 01, 2017 05:54PM

Moore had a decent game. Team let him down. It's too bad you never defended Tannehill under the same circumstances Chyren.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 01, 2017 06:36PM

Date: January 01, 2017 06:42PM

Date: January 02, 2017 01:52AM

Yards after the catch. Short passes with breakaway speed and elusiveness. 77 yd pass, no. 77 yd passing play, yes. Most of what Patriots with Brady are just that. They have amazing players who get many yards after they catch the ball. Part of that success is the receiver, and part is Brady leading the player. It's timed very well for the receive to catch it on the fly without breaking stride and he's off to the races.

Moore didn't loose this game...not at all. It was the lousy defense that has given up more yards than any team, I believe. (could be wrong on that). LB play over the middle is weak, defense is porous against better teams that can run the ball. It shows and these are areas to improve upon during the off season.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 02, 2017 03:39AM

Moore was horrible in the first half.

Had that been tanne he would have been blamed for the D being tired with all his 3 and outs.

The hypocrisy on this board is comical.

Moore had a couple of nice drives but overall was inconsistent. The D was what the d has been all year.

This team isn't very talented and has been hit by the injury bug. I credit our staff for making chicken salad out of chicken $hit and getting us to the playoffs for the first time since '08.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.