Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          How does the draft leave you for FINS win loss in 2009?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
How does the draft leave you for FINS win loss in 2009?
Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: April 28, 2009 07:27AM

Poll
Expected 2009 win loss?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
23 votes were received.
Less than 7-9 0

0%
8 -8 3

13%
9 - 7 9

39%
10 - 6 6

26%
> or = to 11 - 5 5

22%

The division definately has gotten better, the schedule is tougher outside the division.

How do you feel after the draft for FINS record this year?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How does the draft leave you for FINS win loss in 2009?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 28, 2009 08:01AM

10-6

Date: April 28, 2009 11:40AM

12/4 you heard it here first. with pat white and the wildcat with a MUCH improved secondary, and a healthy better oline, i will be extremly hard to beat us, we are going to be able to run at will on teams and eat up the clock. and we will FINALY be able to shut down the spread offense of NE. thank god for pat white and our newes CB'S. and our new center.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2009 11:41AM by dolphinsnumberonestunner.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: April 28, 2009 12:19PM

"You heard it here first"

Famous last words of some pathetic fool who was so insecure with themselves that every time the entered the room, they had to jump up and down and say "here I am, here I am, look at me!" while not a single soul in the room gave a crap.

Just because you take a shot in the dark at a prediction, and even if it does come true, it doesn't mean you're right. It makes you a lucky guesser.

I'm going to put all possible win-loss scenarios in a hat, pull one, and if on the off chance I'm right (aka the hat is right) I'll be sure to remind you all every possible chance I get by saying "see I told you, look at me everybody, I was right and I wanted to remind you all that I'm right because if you people, who I've never met in my life, think I'm not right well then I just won't sleep at night and probably eat myself to death."

Posted by: phinfanjake ()
Date: April 28, 2009 06:31PM

an optimistic 9-7 due to easy schedule in 2008, relatively injury free, surprising and effective playcalling (unlike the previous 3 seasons, YIKES), and overall overachievement

I hope Miami can make the playoffs again, but I think they will come down to earth, though will probably be statistically better offensively and defensively, but not in turnover margin

Date: April 28, 2009 07:02PM

the futt has issues, severe issues, man where you abused as a child? neglected?

Date: April 29, 2009 06:33AM

I think we'll be a little less than last year likely 9-7.

I think we'll be better, but that that won't spell more wins.

Biggest drop is likely due to schedule strenght and fact that in conference teams got markedly better in the off season.

1. NE has Brady back, and the wildcat will not be a new thing (albe-it likely better executed with P. White). NE draft was also good.

2. Jets got markedly better at QB, draft, and other vet additions.

3. Buffaloe got TO, and a solid draft & some FA upgrades.

Overall, we get better due to good coaching and more experience for our youth.

Draft will be good, but it usually takes some time for rookie CBs to play at optimum levels.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: April 29, 2009 06:44AM

Phinjim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I think we'll be better, but that that won't spell more wins.

That could very well be the case. If I had to guess right now, I would say 10 wins.

Date: May 01, 2009 06:15AM

I would certainly not be surprised if we overachieved again, but as noted, the schedule and improvements in the competition don't make it likely from what I've seen thus far.

1. This question will be better asked once training camp is done and the final roster is set.

2. We have some holes and depending on what the FO is abl;e to do with the rookie development, and acquiring a few key veteran pieces may present a new picture.

3. The competition at WR, and how white fits into the picture, if they get boldin or another wr vet, if they add JT or another pass rusher ... so on ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.