HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v. Bills: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Dolphins v. Bills: Game Day Thread
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 24, 2016 05:33PM

Note to TCPF, he was insulting you as well. He has been insulting all of us since they fired his boy, Joe Philbin.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 24, 2016 08:01PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey, Ken. Don't you want to hand out some love to
> Matt Moore?

RE: Sure, Moore did enough to help in winning the game. He did not have a great game however. He was late on his throws and was off target the entire game. He threw a massively boneheaded interception, on a poor throw at a time we needed a short first down.

He did enough and that's OK by me, regardless of whether the players name is Ryan or Matt...the real stories here are Jay Ajayi and Andrew Franks bailed out the team today and where the heck did our defense go?

Vance Olividotti has some real work to do especially since we may be down another safety.

Good scrappy win today fella's...

Date: December 24, 2016 08:29PM

Sometimes you have to examine even good points like you made, Ken. I criticized Tannehill because he would just stand back there and get sacked. Because there is an alternative. Throw the ball into the cheap seats. Now I didn't with Tanny and obviously won't with Moore get into assessing even interceptions. You really have to know what the plan was, what route was supposed to be run and how much the QB could see with a rush in his face.

Even so, there are going to be interceptions. But if you sit back and take sacks all day long, you are going to lose games. So far, Matt is 2-0.

I seem to remember that he finished out a season for Henne, (come get me stat geeks) with about 5 or 6 wins and no losses. There will be interceptions. There will be overthrows and underthrows.

But if the majority of the time the QB moves the ball down the field and gets field goals or TDs and keeps the punter on the bench, I see no cause for complaining.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 25, 2016 12:01AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Sometimes you have to examine even good points
> like you made, Ken. I criticized Tannehill
> because he would just stand back there and get
> sacked. Because there is an alternative. Throw
> the ball into the cheap seats. Now I didn't with
> Tanny and obviously won't with Moore get into
> assessing even interceptions. You really have to
> know what the plan was, what route was supposed to
> be run and how much the QB could see with a rush
> in his face.

RE: That's why I don't blame Moore directly for the interception because as I said in another post, it was either his fault or Gase's fault for calling that play. Moore is the most likely culprit however because he has a propensity to want to go deep and try the homerun throw. In this case it was bad because a first down keeps the drive alive and we only needed around five yards and he tried to force the ball down field. It was a poorly thrown ball, the receiver was well covered and we needed the points as well as any momentum the poor play lost us. RT standing there getting sacked though is not always his fault either. Sometimes he's waiting on receivers to come open with his eyes down the field. Sometimes it's the play that was called (Plays that take too long to develop), his inability to audible under previous coaches, poor blocking by our O-Line, the defender springing free after being blocked, or a delayed pass rush, or the inability of his receivers to get open. Then sometimes it actually is his fault.
>
> Even so, there are going to be interceptions. But
> if you sit back and take sacks all day long, you
> are going to lose games. So far, Matt is 2-0.

RE: Yeah, and RT's sacks have been halved this season so that's progress from the unit, of which RT is obviously a key part.
>
> I seem to remember that he finished out a season
> for Henne, (come get me stat geeks) with about 5
> or 6 wins and no losses. There will be
> interceptions. There will be overthrows and
> underthrows.

RE: Of course, but today Moore was consistently late and inaccurate with his throws throughout the game for whatever reason and he forced a few throws. Those things combined cost us completions, yards, potential INT's, an actual INT, and ultimately points for the offense. Last week not so much.
>
> But if the majority of the time the QB moves the
> ball down the field and gets field goals or TDs
> and keeps the punter on the bench, I see no cause
> for complaining.

RE: Neither do I and I'm not.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 25, 2016 01:02AM

chryen still bringing up philbin.

maybe we should have kept bowles or campbell.

You're kind of a football idiot that just likes to argue senseless points.

The team won that game yesterday. A new culture won a game that we're so accustomed to losing. We don't fold like a cheap suit anymore. That's not because of Matt Moore. It's the HC that's done that. Everyone has bought in.

Date: December 25, 2016 03:06AM

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 25, 2016 07:43AM

Date: December 25, 2016 09:22AM

Sitting here in my patrol car between calls just contemplating yesterday's game. That was just an incredible win.
Think about that 55 yarder and how Remy messed up the time out,the 200 yds running, so many close calls. Something is really going on here.something is different, GASE has tapped into something.

I said it before ,anything is possible! Just have to believe.????

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 25, 2016 09:24AM

Where have I ever complained of Gase????????

When JSM08 threw in his insults, I brought up his long time defense of Philbin which was what had me fighting him all the time.

He boldly tries to turn it around like I am attacking Gase and TCPF and Colonel buy it without even looking at the fruit.

Treasure and Colonel there is a function on the board call search. Search Philbin and the authors JSM08 and ChyrenB and correct yourselves as to who was defending Philbin. Also check my posts and see if you can find one instance in which I criticized Gase. Just one.

Date: December 25, 2016 09:31AM

Dude.

Philbin is gone. Gase is changing everything.....draining the swamp grinning smiley

Tannehill is our franchise long term solution.

Dealio bro.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 25, 2016 09:45AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Dude.
>
> Philbin is gone. Gase is changing
> everything

RESPONSE: You're being silly. How does that mean I am criticizing Gase when I bring up some other dude's defense of Philbin. Come on. Can't you think your way out of a paper bag...but wait! Look at your next comment.

.....draining the swamp grinning smiley

RESPONSE: I guess you can't. Why should I have expected more?

>
> Tannehill is our franchise long term solution.
>
> Dealio bro.

RESPONSE: The dude was drafted in 2012 or so. It is now basically 2017 and you are bragging that he is a long term solution?????

Well, LOL, it certainly took a "long time" for that to manifest itself.

Here is his original draft class Image result for quarterback draft class of 2012

Russell Wilson (Originally: The 6th QB taken)
Andrew Luck (Originally: 1st)
Nick Foles (Originally: 7th)
Robert Griffin III (Originally: 2nd)
Ryan Tannehill (Originally: 3rd)
Kirk Cousins (Originally: 8th)

Did the rest of them take 5 years to even to start to have a good year????

Moreover, regardless of stats ( OMG the stat geeks will kill me), he just doesn't move the team and with the few exception of games like the Ravens wherein we get blown out, never wins games he should.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 25, 2016 09:57AM

Date: December 25, 2016 12:12PM

So...I guess no one will change your mind Chyren. Even when he brings home the Lombardi you will "took him long enough".

But it proves the ONLY point I was trying to make.because everyone else here gets it....

You are Happy Tannehill was injured.look at you! You weren't enjoying the 6 game winning streak becuase you would have to admit you were wrong.now your as giddy as a jersey housewife with new fake tits.

Lol

Your fooling no one bro.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 25, 2016 12:37PM

808phan Wrote:
> Posted by: TreasurecoastPhinsfan
> Date: December 25, 2016 06:22AM
> Sitting here in my patrol car between calls just
> contemplating yesterday's game.
>
> Thanks for what you do brother. Especially today -
> Protecting our citizens so they can have a safe
> Christmas. Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

Thanks brother! But the double time and 1/2 helps the pain! I'm trying to go see the phins in England!

People are on edge this time of the year though.last year some poor guy ate a gun and he wasn't even a Jets fan. I will have new years off for our last game.

Go Chiefs!!????

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 25, 2016 12:40PM

Date: December 25, 2016 01:12PM

I am 100% guilty.

I love the phins, not my ego.

I love what's best for my team.
I love the old logo.
I love seeing Rex Ryan beaten and defeated like Democrat.
I LOVE THIS SEASON!

Great fun yesterday. I would LOVE to see Tannehill take this into the post season, but understand if he doesn't.

Go Miami!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 26, 2016 02:07AM

Date: December 26, 2016 08:44AM

Those two are on a roll. (or so they think). They will say anything to prop us their argument. Not the Miami Dolphins.

Matt Moore did not do well Sunday. For a back up he did allright, but he was 1 55 yard kick in the wind away from disaster. Can you imagine the headlines if we lost that game.......and Brother it came CLOSE many many times.

Thats the difference. Tanny got roasted because kickers didnt make it when they needed to. Receivers dropped balls, RB's didnt find holes. But it was always Tannys fault. Now Matt Moore is the Savior.

I really think Chyrene and Sam Sam dont see how foolish they look.

I'm happy either way because my TEAM won. And Ryan Tannehill will start if hes able.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 26, 2016 10:02AM

Date: December 26, 2016 11:41AM

no chryen. it's because it's on of the 5 or 6 stupid points you keep alive.

Date: December 26, 2016 12:02PM

So just a bare insult with no verbiage to back it up. Real mature. Lookit (as they say in Boston), every time I get into a controversy with anyone, you remember how I hounded you about your support of Philbin and you try to fight me. Maybe if you weren't involved, you would be too stupid to see what you are doing but no one else actually is.

Date: December 26, 2016 01:47PM

Philbin is history. I don't see the relevance , but it shows you hold on to stuff way too long buddy. Move on.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 26, 2016 02:11PM

Treasure, it never occurred to you that my point ACTUALLY IS that JSM08 has not moved on since he and I were fighting about Philbin deserving firing.

Date: December 26, 2016 02:12PM

You introduced Philbin into the argument. I never heard him mention it once. Sorry.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 26, 2016 02:29PM

JSM08 stalks my posts and had the nerve to imply that I was criticizing Gase. JSM08 has been sniping at me ever since he and I got into it with me recommending that Philbin be fired and was no good and him defending Philbin.

When someone hits you up side the head out of the blue and you turn around and see who it is....you soon start to asking yourself why?

With JSM08, it goes back to Philbin.

That has made him my worse enemy next only to ....you know who.....

Date: December 26, 2016 04:16PM

Right remember when you first criticized Philbin and I didn't agree. I wanted to give him another season.we can't go through head coaches like underwear. Boy was I ever wrong! Philbin was the worst thing to happen to Tannehill.

But I admit it. You need to get over the Tannehill bias.you and Sam were dead wrong about him . blaming him for a Bad coach and a bad teams short comings.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 26, 2016 04:48PM

You really think it was coaching and not Tannehill? The sacks?

Date: December 26, 2016 06:42PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> You really think it was coaching and not
> Tannehill? The sacks?

Are you kidding me? The worst Oline in history.

Think about this...we never had a running game until this year with Tunsil and Gase. First year we have a back that breaks three 200 yd games is the same yr Tannehill doesn't get sacked often.coincidence? I think not.

The Oline sucked and we had no depth.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 27, 2016 02:18PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> You really think it was coaching and not
> Tannehill? The sacks?

It was a combination of things.

As we have found out, Philbin never really wanted RT. Amazing that he started him (unless it was Ross and/or Ireland that "convinced" Philbin to do so.)

The OL was terrible. We had two straight HC's who were supposed expert OL coaches...they both failed. Was it the coaching or Ireland just not getting the talent? Probably both. BTW. Gase got rid of three of those O linemen...that should tell you something.

RT. Was a part time QB in college. Got thrust into the starting QB role behind that terrible OL. Early on, quite often locked onto his receivers. Quite often, was hesitant. After the first couple of years, after taking all those sacks, he no longer trusted his OL to protect him. Psychology comes into play.

All that turmoil, and RT starts every game and in the majority of that time, threw for 4,000 yards. BTW, I believe he set a couple of rookie records; one an NFL record and the other a Dolphins record (surpassing Marino). Not bad for a guy who is both a "wet firecracker" and a "deer in headlights."

Then in comes the QB whisperer. What happens? RT is the QB that has a significant role in getting Miami into the playoffs.

Not bad, if I do say so myself.

Date: December 27, 2016 03:34PM

Very well writen. Don't agree, however.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.