HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          New starting lineup.....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
New starting lineup.....
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 27, 2009 06:45AM

Just wanted to see it on paper....

QB Pennington
RB Brown
FB Polite
WR1 Ginn
WR2 competition
slot WR competition
TE Fasano/Martin
LT Long
LG Smiley
C Grove
RG Thomas
RT Carey

Wildcat

QB White
RB Brown
RB Williams
WR Ginn
WR ????

Defense...

SDE Langford
NT Fergy
WDE Merling
SOLB Taylor/Roth
SILB Ayodele
WILB Crowder
WOLB Porter/Wake
SCB Will Allen
SS Bell
FS Wilson
WCB Davis

We could always play Wake and Roth on running downs and Porter and JT in the nickle with Crowder as the Nickle LB and Green as the nickle CB.

It will be interesting to see this unfold.

I think with Camarillo's injury, the WR2 spot will be open to competition. Even if Camarillo comes back 100%, he would be a great slot receiver...especially if a guy like London or Turner can step into the WR2 spot (or Split End) leaving Ginn at Flanker. Cam is quick, has great hands and isn't afraid to go over the middle. Bess could come in with 4 WR sets and also sub for Cam.

Who do you think will be our final WR's? Can Bess get better or will he get beat out???

Ginn, Camarillo and ?????

We will also have more coming in as undrafted FA's and after 53 man cuts.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New starting lineup.....
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 27, 2009 06:58AM

I would *LOVE* to see the 2 rookie corners starting opposite each other come game 1, with Will Allen as the 3rd. That would be AWESOME!!!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 27, 2009 07:41AM

JT plays better at WOLB. That's his main complaint about playing in Washington. He played SOLB and was, basically, out of position. He's best subbing for Porter or coming in on obvious passing downs to bolster the pass rush.

So, here's the defensive alignment I see:

SDE Langford
NT Fergy
WDE Merling
SOLB Wake/JT
SILB Crowder/Ayodele
WILB Roth/Crowder
WOLB Porter/JT
SCB Will Allen
SS Bell
FS Wilson
WCB Davis

Date: April 27, 2009 07:49AM

I agree about JT and WOLB but to not have both of those guys on the field at the same time is a waste. Porter did not play well at SOLB two years ago. JT played SDE in Washington which is quite different from SOLB. Maybe he can do better there. I think JT was also slowed by injuries or he would have done much better.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 27, 2009 08:03AM

Posted by: Carolina Phin ()
Date: April 27, 2009 08:08AM

Did I miss something? Did we resign Jason Taylor? I know they are thinking about it but hardly can put this in writing yet, any more than we could put down Bolden as a WR since we also have rumored he wants to coem to the Dolphins like JT does...

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: April 27, 2009 08:35AM

Date: April 27, 2009 09:48AM

That's the beauty of Pat White in the Wildcat....the different looks we can give.

If he substitutes for RW. He can come in motion and still be a threat to pass or catch the ball.

He can split out wide at WR (where Chad was last year) and still be there for a pitch back pass or as an actuall WR and run a route instead of a just standing there.

He can also line up at QB with Chad out of the game. If the worry is that the defense can substitute personnel for the Wildcat...All we have to do is leave White in a standard formation and have him just play QB. While they are stacking the line in anticipation of the WC....he can throw the ball down the field to Ginn and after that they won't know how to line up. His arm strength is probably better than Penningtons anyway so he can actually get the ball down the field.

I do agree he doesn't have the size to run between the tackles very often but he did run for over 4,000 yards in college. How many college RB's can say that? and some of those RB's were smaller than him. Besides...he is the same size as Michael Vick.

How ticked do you think Henne is going to be if White gets to throw a TD before him?

Date: April 27, 2009 10:17AM

phins fan we drafted pate white not to fool a defense, but to rub it in there face after we just ran down there throats, need to stop with the gimic mentality, and except the fact, that WE NOW WILL OWN EVERYONE!! AND THEY CANT DO A DAMN THING BUT WHINE LIKE BABIES I CANT WAIT TO PLAY THE PATRIOTS AND LOL BUFFALO TO IS GOING TO TEAR IT APART REALY SOON LMAO MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: April 27, 2009 10:46AM

I don't like the Pat White pick, but I believe they drafted him specifically to replace Pennington in the Wildcat, not Ronnie Brown. The Wildcat forces at least one safety to cheat up play in the box, and as a result your corners are forced to play on islands.

They want Pat White to draw the safety in to maintain one-on-one coverage on the outside. In terms of the Wildcat this season, its obvious they want the run to set up the pass, instead of the other way around.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: April 27, 2009 10:55AM

I was surprised by the Pat White pick. That said, the NFL is changing. Michael Vick was a great weapon for several years. He stunk as a passing QB, but he was still a great offensive weapon. Maybe White will be our great weapon, so long as we don't try to make him something that he is not.

Also, think about it this way: look at all the WRs drafted in round 1. How many times will they touch the ball during the course of a game? If they touch it 5 to 7 times they will be considered fantastic WRs. How many times (and in how many different ways) will Pat White see the ball? How many yards and TDs will he generate? He may end up being more productive than some of those round one WRs.

Date: April 27, 2009 11:02AM

AMEN BROTHER im telling you guys are thinking convensional offense, stop with that mentality PLEASE henning a genious, obvious last year, o watch some WV games and you will get a taste of how awsome our team is going to be next year.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 27, 2009 11:18AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 27, 2009 01:10PM

I could see them having white in for an entire series here and there somethimes running a conventional set and sometimes the WC to keep the element of surprise. just not sure how effective he would be from a conventional set given his size

Date: April 27, 2009 01:54PM

He is the same size as Drew Brees and what did he do the last couple of years? Only White is more athletic and way faster. They both have the same high overhand release so White should be fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2009 04:30AM by eesti.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.