HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2016 Second Preseason Game: Dolphins v. Cowboys
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 2016 Second Preseason Game: Dolphins v. Cowboys
Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: August 20, 2016 05:34AM

So this is what I saw..

The defense is horrific. I think Suh was the only starter on the DL and if this keeps up, he's going to get pissed again. If you aren't going to play your other starters, why are you playing him? I don't know if our "starters" were playing at LB, but whomever was on the field (I know Jenkins was because he was called out repeatedly for being out of position and missing tackles), sucked my grandma's dirty ass. The secondary? Not any better.

The OL gets a C grade from me and that's only because it's an average. Sometimes, they were A+ and gave Tanny all day to throw and other times they weren't even there and the DL was on Tanny at the snap for an F grade. I understand that has got to be incredibly frustrating for Tanny and makes things very difficult for him to figure out his "mental clock". Having said that...

Tanny still doesn't look deep unless that is his primary receiver and that's just not how successful offenses work and how you become an elite QB in the NFL. You need to know that the receiver running deep that might just be intended to "clear things out" or move the defense to open things up for your underneath guys, might actually be the best option.

Except for the perfect pass that our fucktard TE dropped, the other endzone passes that went incomplete weren't on target and would have been tough catches. Having said that, if Landry is a "Pro Bowl receiver", he needs to make those catches. If the ball hits you in your hands - you could have caught it and all.

Speaking of endzone passes, I was pleased to see Gase go for it on 4th and goal. It's the goddamn 2nd game of the preseason, why not go for it? I'd much rather have Gase going for it and us fail than be the Cowboy cucks that were kicking field goals. Also glad to see Tanny and the starting O still in late in the 2nd quarter because they clearly had work to do.

Overall, this team looks no different than it did a year ago. We are still running out of the same similar personnel groups and sets, and we're getting the same results. So, it is what it is. I would just say, like I started with, I do not see the logic in playing Suh if we are holding out Williams and Wake. All you are doing is frustrating him by making our $100M man play on the JV team. The other guys are too "valuable" to play when they aren't 100%, but you're going to play our most expensive player next to a bunch of scrubs? I don't get it. I'm sure Suh doesn't get it either.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 20, 2016 06:01AM

Gase doesn't really know what he's doing. He reminds me of a Josh McDaniels part deux, good OC but, in way over his head.
Why is he calling plays? Is he so comfortable in the HC job that he can devote so much time on the offense?
He's a young inexperienced coach and the team plays like it.
When the camera showed Suh on the sidelines smiling at the debacle it looked to be a smug "I told you so" type of smile.
I can see a situation developing where dissent tears the locker room apart and Gase not having the star power or experience to control the situation.
I think it's going to be a painful, view from the cellar", type of season.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: August 20, 2016 06:07AM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dak Prescot has qb instincts. If the play wasn't
> there me moved out of the pocket and made
> something happen or avoided the pressure.
> Tannehill just doesn't have that.

He absolutely "had it" his first season. I saw him scrambling trying to make plays constantly. He didn't have Dallas oline either.

Philbin handcuffed him.you could see he was thinking instead of acting and then the Oline went from bad to worse ,bullygate and all that nonsense. Let's give Gase a little more then a few quarters of preseason football huh? So far Tanny is looking great.

Rest? Not so much..eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 20, 2016 06:32AM

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: August 20, 2016 07:55AM

Hey treasure, I want to see tanny succeed. I really do because I'm tired of suffering through losing seasons.

If anyone should know our oline sucks it's tanny so maybe he shouldn't expect to sit stationary in the pocket working his progressions. My instincts would tell me to move out of the pocket and keep the play alive.

That's all I'm saying. Prescott looked comfortable in the pocket and if his read wasn't there he moved and tried to make something happen.

On to the HC....if we truly wanted to change the culture we would have hired Coughlin. He would have assembled a legit staff and groomed our next HC when he walked away.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 20, 2016 07:59AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> Gase doesn't really know what he's doing. He
> reminds me of a Josh McDaniels part deux, good OC
> but, in way over his head.
> Why is he calling plays? Is he so comfortable in
> the HC job that he can devote so much time on the
> offense?
> He's a young inexperienced coach and the team
> plays like it.
> When the camera showed Suh on the sidelines
> smiling at the debacle it looked to be a smug "I
> told you so" type of smile.
> I can see a situation developing where dissent
> tears the locker room apart and Gase not having
> the star power or experience to control the
> situation.
> I think it's going to be a painful, view from the
> cellar", type of season.

2 words: Cam Cameron

Date: August 20, 2016 08:46AM

jsm08 Wrote:
> Hey treasure, I want to see tanny succeed. I
> really do because I'm tired of suffering through
> losing seasons.
>
> If anyone should know our oline sucks it's tanny
> so maybe he shouldn't expect to sit stationary in
> the pocket working his progressions. My instincts
> would tell me to move out of the pocket and keep
> the play alive.
>
> That's all I'm saying. Prescott looked
> comfortable in the pocket and if his read wasn't
> there he moved and tried to make something happen.
>
>
> On to the HC....if we truly wanted to change the
> culture we would have hired Coughlin. He would
> have assembled a legit staff and groomed our next
> HC when he walked away.

I thought Tanny did that. He played great and looked confident. He threw a nice bomb, some shorts, it was fantastic.

Prescot looked great too. Look who his head coach is. Our old QBs coach, Garret.Tanny did not have great coaching thsee past seasons.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 21, 2016 08:15AM

jsm08 Wrote:
> On to the HC....if we truly wanted to change the
> culture we would have hired Coughlin. He would
> have assembled a legit staff and groomed our next
> HC when he walked away.

It's been really rough for this organization since the best EVER NFL coach stepped down. When you look back, we've attempted to replace Shula with experienced HC's, up-and-coming coordinators, young position coaches, pretty much anything you can name. Of course, the best success we've had was with experienced HC's (JJ and Parcells to a lesser extent). So, I would have been in favor of Coughlin, although at 69 he wouldn't have had many years left.

I think the plan has been (for years) to get long-term continuity (like we had with Shula). So, we've hired younger guys hoping they would stay long-term. Problem is at what point do you give up on someone and start over? Is 2 years really enough? Add to that the problem that these continuous changes have destroyed our reputation, so most coaches don't want to come here (e.g. Jeff Fisher).

Our only real hope is that either Gase picks things up quick and becomes the guy we were looking for all along (I won't hold my breathe) or that Ross sells the team outright and we TRULY start over. I'd love for either the Robbie or Shula families to buy the team.

Date: August 21, 2016 05:45PM

Jimmy Johnson was great. He gave us our best defense ever and my favorite player in Zach Thomas. Life hit him hard after his parents died within 2-3 months of each other. He never coached again. I have no doubt he would have brought us a Superbowl eventually. That defense carried us for 4-5 seasons. Show Jimmy the Love. He quit for all the RIGHT reasons.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.