HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jordan vs Gordan
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jordan vs Gordan
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: July 25, 2016 11:27AM

Gordon has just been reinstated, with a 4-game suspension to start, whereas (our guy) Jordan is still awaiting word. What's the hold up?

Gordan, in my opinion, had a far worse case, and yet he gets back into the league before our guy.

Not saying Miami necessarily wants Jordan back, but if he does come back with a whole new outlook and plays up to his capabilities, then Miami is set for the future.

Again, what's the hold up?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jordan vs Gordan
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 26, 2016 04:57AM

I am curious if this all has to do with the workout or roster bonus he is due of 1.7 million if he is on the roster the 5th day of camp... So lets say he isnt on the roster until the 8th day of camp, does he still get that big bonus? Is the NFL helping the phins out by not reinstating till he is past that workout bonus deadline. I am not sure the legalities of the issue or contract as it relates to this bonus, but it sure seems odd...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: July 26, 2016 05:34AM

According the sun sentinel, the language in Dion Jordan contact voids the 1.7million roster bonus because of his suspension. Well that definitely make me feel a lot better about giving him a chance this training camp if their is no bonus on the 5th day. Let him earn a spot and if not they can cut him.

Date: July 26, 2016 06:19AM

I dont understand it completely, I thought that he was in default of his guaranteed money for his violations. Meaning we could cut him and owe him nothing more of his guaranteed money... I didnt understand it that he waives his right to his contract bonuses if he fulfills that part of his contract. And after you pointed me to the article, Omar does not do a very good job explaining it at all... I would like to read something from Florio or another lawyer that can actually explain the contract... Cause I doubt the NFLPA is going to let this one pass without some type of challenge...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: July 26, 2016 11:54AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.