Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          What do you guys think about this Reshad Jones situation?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
What do you guys think about this Reshad Jones situation?
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 13, 2016 02:20PM

There are reports he is going to sit out of mandatory mini camp, even though we have all new coaches and a new defensive system. There have also been reports he plans to sit out the year if he doesn't get a new contract.. Despite being paid as a top 5 safety with his current contract, and only 2 years into a 4 year deal, he is demanding a new contract or he will sit out the season.. I agree that he had a hell of year last year, but it is only his first pro bowl.. What if his game falls off next year or he deals with injury.. To demand a new deal only 50 percent into his most recent deal and paid pretty well already, I think it is a bit ridiculous... He is making 400 grand a game this coming year, not including his signing bonus he already received...

My opinion is if he plays great this year again, then give him a new deal a year early.. But not now... I think he is being foolish and we should let him sit out and call his bluff...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What do you guys think about this Reshad Jones situation?
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: June 14, 2016 02:35AM

I agree he is being foolish. Yeah he made the pro bowl but this team went 6-10. Nobody should be sitting out. Let him sit and pencil in his backup as the starter and go on. He should be in camp leading the dbs like Landry, Pouncey and others are doing.Im disappointed in him. If someone offers us a 1st rounder I would trade him. These guys gotta understand this team sucked for years and each player was a part of that. Pull your head out and go out there and do what you need to do to make it better.I would not talk to his agent.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: June 14, 2016 08:02AM

He's the 2nd highest paid FS in the league. He has zero leverage and will cave once the training camp fines start rolling in.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 14, 2016 08:21AM

He is a greedy bastard.....Its not like the phins made playoffs lately because of him.

Date: June 14, 2016 08:22AM

And i also havent seen him make any game changing plays. How many times did he make probowl?

Did he make pro bowl last year?

Whats the big deal about him for him to be wanting to get paid so much?

Date: June 15, 2016 04:59AM

Reshad's back in camp im happy about that. Reading more into the situation I can see his point. His salary may be listed at 7mil but only 1.9mil is guaranteed. He wants more guaranteed money. I hope he gets his big payday but right now we need him in camp.

Date: June 15, 2016 05:40AM

Only 1.9 mill guaranteed?

AHH poor guy.

Date: June 15, 2016 05:41AM

A doctor that saves lives gets paid less.

Date: June 15, 2016 05:59AM

Hey Im old GOP a man get's the going rate for his position and is a sucker if he takes less. I don't mind Jones fighting to get his rate. At this point in his career I can see him trying to solidify his case to get the money he has signed for.

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: June 16, 2016 03:05AM

I would guarentee his money for this year and next and revisit signing him to an extension after the season is done.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: June 16, 2016 10:22AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Im old GOP a man get's the going rate for his
> position and is a sucker if he takes less. I don't
> mind Jones fighting to get his rate. At this point
> in his career I can see him trying to solidify his
> case to get the money he has signed for.

Players pick their "right moment" to negotiate contracts; this wasn't Jones' moment to do so.

If you ask Jones, he will tell you he is the league's best safety. Stats and respect around the league say otherwise. He is being paid as to his status.

What he was asking for may be the going rate for his position, but he is halfway through the contract he signed when that was the going rate for his position. "Only" guaranteed $1.7M? I feel bad for him...Not! Evidently the contract he is presently under was a good contract, otherwise he wouldn't have signed. Other safeties are now signing new contracts getting more money...well, that's the way it works.

Jones should try to renegotiate AFTER this season IF he has another good year. THEN....he will have more ammo and Miami will probably sign him to a new deal. This season is not the time to hold out.

I love the rubbish he spewed as to why he returned to the team....he missed his teammates, he missed the game....BS! He was going to miss the money he would have been fined along with not getting his contract redone.

Ya gotta love these guys.

BTW, I'm also happy he is back in camp; he is a good player and the team DOES need him back there.

Date: June 16, 2016 03:13PM

It wasn't the right time? Probably not but it was the right time to fire a shot to the front office. Do I feel sorry for him no but in his business this was a smart move on his part and I think both parties will reach a settlement. Negotiating after the season is not smart to much risk. I was totally against what he was doing bur seeing his position I see why he did what was necessary for him. I have no problem w/ the guy.

Date: June 17, 2016 03:58AM

I don't feel sorry for anyone that gets paid over 500 grand a year.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: July 16, 2016 03:03PM

he signed the contract. kam Chancellor sat out until he came to his senses

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.