HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Brandon Doughty
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Brandon Doughty
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 30, 2016 12:46PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brandon Doughty
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 30, 2016 01:38PM

NY Jets Hackenburg
Buff - Jones
Patsies - Bissett

our AFC competitors just try harder than us to improve positions.

Date: April 30, 2016 03:24PM

Jets take a QB every other year

Date: April 30, 2016 03:26PM

So do the Pats.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 30, 2016 04:04PM

Date: April 30, 2016 05:18PM

yea pats pick, Cook pick and Hogan to Chiefs were odd. We need to get Aaron murray or Hogan out of the Chiefs

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 30, 2016 05:18PM

I think it's a wasted pick. basically any QB taken this year is a wasted pick. Because if Tanny sh#ts the bed this year, we need to replace him for real, and will be taken a QB in the first next year. So any mid to low round pick this year would just be taking up space in that event.

Date: April 30, 2016 06:55PM

We need to get Hogan or Aaron Murray from the chiefs for Moore

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 30, 2016 08:51PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it's a wasted pick. basically any QB taken
> this year is a wasted pick. Because if Tanny sh#ts
> the bed this year, we need to replace him for
> real, and will be taken a QB in the first next
> year. So any mid to low round pick this year would
> just be taking up space in that event.

The reason a team does it is like playing the lottery. You hope for a diamond on the bench.

And what do you pay for a lotto ticket? Do they cost thousands of dollars????? No! They cost a dollar.

That late round a pick is like a lotto ticket.

And if this administration had gone elsewhere, it would have been another offensive lineman or another corner.

I'd rather take a chance on a long shot quarterback than a long shot corner.

Posted by: Antique Dolphan ()
Date: May 01, 2016 05:13AM

Don't feel he has a strong arm like Grier stated in the post draft conference, especially when he rolls out

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: May 01, 2016 05:43AM

Doughty’s 1st year as a starter I saw him play, his number were not that good 14 TD and 14 INT’s, but what little I saw of him, I was like wow this kid can play.

The next year going into the season I told a WKU fan you guys have a good QB. They were like eh, he is ok. I thought wow, just watch what he does. His second year he threw 49 TD’s and 10 INT’s and was the league MVP and also the Bahama Bowl MVP.

Going into his 3rd year as the starter WKU had a meet and great in Louisville. I thought, I’m going to that, I want to see\meet this kid. So we drove the 1.5 hours to see what he was all about. Got there a little late, but when we walked in Brandon was talking and joking with a little kid about 6 years old. I watched him for a bit just to see how he interacted with people He spoke to a former WKU coach and joked with him about who threw the most INT’s. I walked out to the car to put something in the trunk. On the way back in Brandon was leaving. I kinda nodded to him, and he nodded back. I told him I was a big fan and he stopped and talked to me. I expected someone arrogant, but Brandon was so humble it was funny. I told him he was getting a lot of press for the start of the season. He replied, “Yeah what is up with that?” We only talked for 10 minutes. But I seemed like I had been talking to an old friend I had not seen in a while and we were just catching up on things. I came away very impressed.

That season he threw for 48 TD’s and 9 INT’s. There were several games he played very little in the 4th quarter too. He was the league MVP again, and the Bowl game MVP
He is a player and a quality guy as well. He is better then most of the QB's drafted ahead of him. Glad he on the Dolphins.

Date: May 01, 2016 05:47AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> NY Jets Hackenburg
> Buff - Jones
> Patsies - Bissett
>
> our AFC competitors just try harder than us to
> improve positions.

I am actually thrilled they picked those guys I can assure you they are not better then Doughty.

Date: May 01, 2016 07:01AM

That's good news but the word is that he disintegrates under pressure. That's what I read on several reviews. He looks great but when he makes a mistake or consistent pressure he cannot handle it and does not step up but implodes. Any truth to that?

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: May 01, 2016 07:08AM

I'd say that would be hard to argue with these type of numbers....

Junior: 4,830 yards and 49 touchdowns and 10 picks in 552 attempts.

Senior: 5,055 yards and 48 touchdowns and 9 picks. He led the nation in completion percentage at 71.9%. Record 12-2

How much could he have been rattled?

Date: May 01, 2016 07:17AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
> I'd say that would be hard to argue with these
> type of numbers....
>
> Junior: 4,830 yards and 49 touchdowns and 10 picks
> in 552 attempts.
>
> Senior: 5,055 yards and 48 touchdowns and 9 picks.
> He led the nation in completion percentage at
> 71.9%. Record 12-2
>
> How much could he have been rattled?

Perfect response! That is exactly right, how can anyone make that statement based on his numbers. I watched every game he played this year, there is no truth to that.

Some people point to the LSU game saying the got rattled, well he threw for 300 plus yards and 3 TD's in that game. It was also in a complete monsoon with water standing on the field.

He brought the team back numerous times last year.

Remember how it was with Marino where you never felt you were out of a game? That is how it is with Doughty.

They were playing for the league championship and were losing. Right before half the other team kicked the ball down to the 2 yard line. There was very little time on the clock, but I thought hmmmmmmmmmmmm. They had a play for short yard, and the other team called a time out, it happened again and the other team called a time out. I looked over at the wife and said, "They are just helping WKU out." He kept making plays and drove the team down for a TD with a few seconds left on the clock. They went on blow the team out for the championship.

Date: May 01, 2016 07:31AM

" I watched every game he played this year, there is no truth to that. "

That is good to hear. I hope it works out for him since he is a local kid!

Date: May 01, 2016 07:47AM

more tidbits about Doughty. He went to school with Marino's son and was coached by Dan.

When Brandon visited the Dolphins he said he and Marino hit it off real well and that Marino was a fan of his.

I'm thinking Marino had a say in this draft pick and that makes me like it even more. It is one thing to say nice things to a person, but for it to be backed up with a pick is really sweet!

Date: May 01, 2016 09:34AM

Caught some film good size touch and you can tell he knows the plays but he needs some more velocity on the ball. He puts the ball where it should be but can his speed on the ball get pass nfl corners? Will be interesting to see him in camp and preseason. I think we saw all we need from Logan so let's see what this kid brings.

Date: May 01, 2016 12:41PM

Doughty is a film junkie, one NFL team asked him to discuss a play they drew up. He went over every route and every possibility, when he was finished they were like, this is the first time we don't have any questions to ask.

He can zip the ball when needed.

I'm really excited to see what he can do.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: May 02, 2016 09:13AM

He was drafted as the replacement for Moore next season. If he also pushes RT then great.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: May 02, 2016 10:21AM

As a replacement for Moore OK, but thats all it could ever be. You can talk about Brady or Brunell or even Roger Staubach as late round 'steals'. The glaring difference is; those guys had cannons. It's sometimes hard to see how a guys 'cerebral'(everyone's favorite word at the moment) abilities will translate to the NFL. It's NOT hard to see how no velocity on the ball will.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: May 02, 2016 10:33AM

Brady did not come into the NFL with a cannon. He's never really been considered a strong armed QB. When the Pats won their first 3 SBs (***), Brady threw a whole lot of screens and slants.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: May 02, 2016 10:49AM

Doughty will be lucky to make the practice squad this year.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 02, 2016 11:05AM

There are people that can tell the future here in this site...

How would you be able to tell that a player is as good as he will ever be....?

Gurus i tell you.

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: May 02, 2016 06:30PM

LOVE the Qb pick. Only smart GMs pick Qbs. If your GM did not pick a QB in the draft, he is a dumbass! That's my opinion on this subject.

It is impossible for a QB not to be the bpa in the draft at some point! you gotta take him!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2016 06:32PM by thegreathoo.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: May 03, 2016 05:24AM

Sam, it's not seeing the future as much as employing a bit of common sense.

He's a 7th round QB from a small school with an average arm.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 03, 2016 05:58AM

jsm08 Wrote:
> Sam, it's not seeing the future as much as
> employing a bit of common sense.
>
> He's a 7th round QB from a small school with an
> average arm.

Yeah i bet you all said the same thing about players such as brandon fields or yeremiah bell...I would like to go back and see what you all said about zach thomas...A 4 feet tweener.

You gurus amaze me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2016 05:59AM by samsam3738.

Date: May 03, 2016 06:05AM

jsm08 Wrote:
> Sam, it's not seeing the future as much as
> employing a bit of common sense.
>
> He's a 7th round QB from a small school with an
> average arm.

have you seen him play? Average arm? I don't know about that but I do know he can throw the ball 65 plus yards in the air. that is plenty strong. Watch his film, he makes all the throws.

Small school that was ranked 25th in the nation this year.

I know for a fact he is better then many many of those QB's picked in front of him.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: May 03, 2016 06:06AM

I like the Doughty pick. He's a developmental guy. I am more concerned about his ability to run an offense than his ability to heave the ball 70 yards.

Date: May 03, 2016 06:08AM

KB Wrote:
> As a replacement for Moore OK, but thats all it
> could ever be. You can talk about Brady or
> Brunell or even Roger Staubach as late round
> 'steals'. The glaring difference is; those guys
> had cannons. It's sometimes hard to see how a
> guys 'cerebral'(everyone's favorite word at the
> moment) abilities will translate to the NFL. It's
> NOT hard to see how no velocity on the ball will.

You are mistaken. I am positive he does not think that, and I'm certain the Dolphins would not have drafted him. Marino coached him in high school, I'm pretty sure Marino had some input into this pick. I don't think Dan woulda given support if the thought he didn't have more.

I do believe that Ryan Leaf could throw the crap out of a football, would you rather have him or a Chad Pennington?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.