HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Patrick Turner
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Patrick Turner
Posted by: Doug ()
Date: April 27, 2009 06:01PM

looks like terrell owens (87 overal pick)

hopefully he can match his production, with out the head problems

only time will tell...

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 27, 2009 06:11PM

Date: April 27, 2009 06:19PM

Jonathan Twilley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just read somewhere that Turner ran a 4.46 at
> his pro day.

He would have been a 1st round pick if he did. He ran a 4.58 and 4.60 which isn't too bad at 6'5 225.

Hartline ran a 4.49. Maybe that is who you read about. That is not too bad. I didn't realize he improved his time that much. Maybe there is hope for this kid.

Does anyone still think Parcels is content with our current group of WR's?

Add Pat White with a 4.49 and we added 3 WR's....or 2 1/2...since he will only be a situational WR.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Patrick Turner
Posted by: wayne ()
Date: April 28, 2009 02:27AM

I know i'm in the minority on this one but I think we will be plesently surprised with Turner.I think he will create some real matchup problems for defenses this season. I usually get lucky about once each year on my predictions.LOL (said Roth would be moved to OLB this time last year)
I believe Turner will surprise everyone. He has alot of experience playing in the slot and at 6"5 he will really open up the middle of the field.

A little pre-draft nugget:
01/23/2009 - Senior Bowl Practice Stars: WR Patrick Turner, Southern California: After coming to life as a senior with 10 receiving touchdowns, his stock continues to rise. He looked good starting from the weigh-in (6-5, 220, 33-inch arms) and didn't stop shining when he hit the practice field. He looked very quick for his size and his hands were solid. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: April 29, 2009 01:30PM

Oddly enough he didn't do very well on the bench. I would thing it was because of his long arms. Longer arms means that each press requires more work. I suspect, judging by those pictures, he is stronger than the average wideout.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 29, 2009 04:27PM

Posted by: realist ()
Date: April 29, 2009 05:04PM

Agreed, there are always guys who don't get the same opportunity to grab the national spotlight. Or even to establish themselves in a school system.

Turner is athletic, has good hands, and is big. He doesn't have to speed past a DB if he is 7 inches taller and his hands reach a full foot higher.

Parcells was at the Senior bowl. he may have been there to scout Pat White, but I am certain that Turner caught his eye as an under-developed talent.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 29, 2009 06:00PM

realist Wrote:
> Turner is athletic, has good hands, and is big. He
> doesn't have to speed past a DB if he is 7 inches
> taller and his hands reach a full foot higher.
>
I keep thinking Gadsden. Oronde may have been the slowest starting receiver we've ever had, and he rarely got separation from the DBs. Still, you can't deny his production. They guy was a TD machine.

Date: April 29, 2009 07:11PM

Oronde is one of my favorite all time players. He made some of the most acrobatic catches I have ever seen. He had huge hands.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: May 01, 2009 01:03AM

Turner's gonna be catching some balls for us. No, he's not the fastest, (not slow either) and defenders will bring him down after he catches the ball, but the thing is, he will catch the ball. We just don't have a receiver like him - big with long arms. And not only will he make the team but he'll be moving the chains for us.

He's definitely got some long arms, and what's most impressive is that he can go up, go down, go way outside his body to bring in that ball. In that respect he's better than Kenny Britt. So if there's a not-perfect pass, Turner's still got a good shot at bringing it in.

This is a good pick. Yeah, he's a little like O.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: May 01, 2009 06:07AM

Keep this in mind. 40 times do NOT equate to football speed.

Ted Ginn times:
4.16 is his fastest official time.
4.38 is his time at pro day after recovering from a broken ankle.
He can't get separation with all that speed?

Its going to be the guy that can get open that is what Miami needs.
With the height of these receivers it may not require as much speed to get the edge on a defender.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: May 01, 2009 04:55PM

What makes you think that Ginn doesn't get separation? Ginn had a very good year last year.

Posted by: slipstream ()
Date: May 01, 2009 07:57PM

2008 Stats:

Darrius Heyward-Bey

REC YDS TD AVG
42 609 5 14.5

Patrick Turner

REC YDS TD AVG
49 741 10 15.1

just sayin'. . .

Date: May 02, 2009 07:57AM

after reading all this i came to the conclusion that no one here knows what to expect, and that we will see when the season starts. personaly i think he will be our third wr, with camarillo on pup, and bess be the second.with heartline as our fourth, special teams and same for london.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: May 02, 2009 08:05AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 02, 2009 03:03PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> London could be the 6th guy but I think a speed
> guy outside could be a bigger asset, especailly in
> the wildcat.

Isn't Ginn our speed guy?

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: May 02, 2009 06:26PM

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.