HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          NFL Network Got It Right
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
NFL Network Got It Right
Date: April 25, 2009 09:12PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL Network Got It Right
Posted by: Kfresh01 ()
Date: April 26, 2009 05:40AM

I liked everything I heard there. you know the difference is, I watched it on ESPN. The ESPN analysts, besides Steve Young, didn't believe in Pat White and just kept saying they are better receivers on the board. I wish I had NFL Network. I'm like OchoCinco. I hate ESPN.

Posted by: dres9711 ()
Date: April 26, 2009 05:46AM

PatWhiteMadeMeADolphinsFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello Dolphin's Fans, I'm a WVU Alum and I know a
> lot of you all are unsure about what Pat White is
> gonna offer your team. You're probably going to
> think I'm biased because I'm a WVU guy, so for
> anybody who didn't see it, this is what Mark
> Mayock, Jon Gruden and others said about Pat White
> following the 44th pick.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> NFL Network Discuss Pat White
>
> other good videos are on the page too, sorry if
> this was already posted, I tried looking through
> other posts and didn't see it

Hello, Patwhitemademeadolphinsfan,

Im a USF Alumn and i know everything Pat white CANT do. Like Finish a game.... you boy is put into 3 pieces by Joey Porter, Channing Crowder, or anyone else on the Phins D... he is too small and is not strong enough to be in the NFL. Until he proves me otherwise.... im very upset about the pick

Date: April 26, 2009 05:53AM

are you serious? White is a proven winner. Who would've been a better pick at that spot. It's not like he was our first round pick. It's a good 2nd round pick. with 47 rushing touchdowns against top college defenses, I think that he's taking some hits, and guess what? He's in the NFL now. He must've done something right. Let's be optimistic here. It's a great time to be a dolphin fan.

We could always go back to the Randy Mueller days. Then we'd be picking in the top 5 every year because we'd be losing.

Posted by: dres9711 ()
Date: April 26, 2009 05:59AM

You know who else had a lot of rushing touchdowns? Eric Crouch. He won the Heisman too.... but where did that get him? WVU plays a spread offense with a lot of speed... something that is very difficult to compensate for in college football... there is not enough athletes to cover on the other side of the ball... you will see Pat White was a terrible choice.

I wouldve rather taken Massoqui to answer your question on who we shouldve picked. he played in pro-style offense with a Pro QB throwing to him and he held his own.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 26, 2009 06:04AM

dres9711 Wrote:
> you will see Pat White was a terrible
> choice.
>
It's going to depend on how they use him. White is all about versatility and having a guy who is always a threat to score. In a way, he's kind of like Reggie Bush, although the Saints haven't really used Bush in the best fashion.

I see Pat White as a threat on Special Teams, a 3rd-down WR, and the main guy in the Wildcat. He could score a LOT of TDs if he's put in the right situations. He won't start, but neither did Jim Jensen.

Date: April 26, 2009 06:06AM

I like the idea of adding playmakers to our team, thats all.

Date: April 26, 2009 07:05AM

dres9711 Wrote:
> PatWhiteMadeMeADolphinsFan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hello Dolphin's Fans, I'm a WVU Alum and I know
> a
> > lot of you all are unsure about what Pat White
> is
> > gonna offer your team. You're probably going to
> > think I'm biased because I'm a WVU guy, so for
> > anybody who didn't see it, this is what Mark
> > Mayock, Jon Gruden and others said about Pat
> White
> > following the 44th pick.
> >
> > Enjoy!
> >
> > NFL Network Discuss Pat White
> >
> > other good videos are on the page too, sorry if
> > this was already posted, I tried looking
> through
> > other posts and didn't see it
>
>
> Hello, Patwhitemademeadolphinsfan,
>
> Im a USF Alumn and i know everything Pat white
> CANT do. Like Finish a game.... you boy is put
> into 3 pieces by Joey Porter, Channing Crowder, or
> anyone else on the Phins D... he is too small and
> is not strong enough to be in the NFL. Until he
> proves me otherwise.... im very upset about the
> pick

Well you have the right to your own opinion, I'll have mine. I'm just the type who listens to good analysts and former NFL coaches compared to just passionate fans. Those guys were drooling over Pat White. Also, the losses to USF could be talked about a lot. As a freshman, White destroyed the Bulls, granted they weren't as good yet. In the 2 losses to USF, WVU had a lot of turnovers, a few of them by White, most of them by others, and yes, he got hurt. If he doesn't get hurt in those games, WVU most likely wins. USF definitely had our number in those 2 losses in 2006 and 2007, but I think it had more to do with the Bulls being able to shut down Slaton, which made it harder on White, than to shut down White. Meanwhile, Slaton is in the NFL leading all rookies in rushing yards and yards per carry, and he exceeded expectations. I'm confident Pat White will show all Dolphins fans who are upset about the pick that it was all well worth it.

By the way, there are lots of good defenders who would break lots of NFL players into 3 pieces if they got a good hit on them. Hopefully Pat White just makes them miss.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 26, 2009 07:22AM

White will play a lot of special teams and will return kicks...I won't be suprised if he is also our third down running back thereby catching a few passes in space.

I'll be very suprised if he makes the team as a full time quarterback...IMHO, he's too small for that despite his athletic ability.

WR/KR/PR/RB/Gadget guy, and situational quarterback, I can see. I'll be more than satisfied with the pick if he can sucessfully do all of that while scoring 10 TD's and gaining 750-1000 all purpose yards a season.

Date: April 26, 2009 07:50AM

All these haters will be loving Pat White in the future. This is how the haters in this forum are.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 26, 2009 07:53AM

Ken Wrote:
> White will play a lot of special teams and will
> return kicks...I won't be suprised if he is also
> our third down running back thereby catching a few
> passes in space.
>
> I'll be very suprised if he makes the team as a
> full time quarterback...IMHO, he's too small for
> that despite his athletic ability.
>
> WR/KR/PR/RB/Gadget guy, and situational
> quarterback, I can see. I'll be more than
> satisfied with the pick if he can sucessfully do
> all of that while scoring 10 TD's and gaining
> 750-1000 all purpose yards a season.

Ireland said he was brought in to be a QB and will get every chance to be one.

Mayock says don't be surprised if he beats out Henne in the next two years and is the starting QB...I doubt that.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 26, 2009 07:59AM

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: April 26, 2009 08:12AM

Most of you guys are still ignoring the fact that he's a very small NFL player. This has nothing to do with his character or desire, but its undeniable that he is very, very small. He might have been a proven winner in college, but that ship has sailed. This is a new game he's getting thrown into, and the lions are much bigger in this arena. Whats going to happen the first time he drops back and gets planted from behind by a 280-pound NFL defensive end? Also, simply based on the skill-set that he will be asked to use, he's at a much higher risk of injury.

This pick screams of unnecessary risk. A player is worthless if he's injured. Someone accidentally let Cam Cameron back in the building.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 26, 2009 08:18AM

He's gonna run 8-10 plays per game at WILDCAT for us. He will line up at WR every now and then. Probably have a play or two scripted for him doing that.

He's a gimmick player. Kordell/Randel El. Nothing more nothing less. Big play potential but not an every down NFL player

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 26, 2009 08:24AM

eesti Wrote:

> Ireland said he was brought in to be a QB and will
> get every chance to be one.
>
> Mayock says don't be surprised if he beats out
> Henne in the next two years and is the starting
> QB...I doubt that.

I would expect Ireland to say that he was drafted to be a quarterback. The team has stated many times that competition is the name of the game and that everyone's jobs are at risk. You don't want your new high second round draft pick to come in aready disillusioned and the other players at his position to feel too comfortable. I'm sure that he'll get chances to play quarterback but IMHO he is too small for that job on a full time basis in the NFL. That takes nothing away from his skill set or his abilities on the field...the team simply needs to find ways to utilize his talents. There will be plenty of chances to get the ball into his hands...I just don't see too many of them coming at quarterback over the likes of Pennington, Henne, and for the time being Beck.

Date: April 26, 2009 09:58AM

I think the analysts know more than we do. It's hard to read the people on here who think he's going to get hurt or not be worth the pick. All I have to do to feel better is go watch the NFL Network and hear some people who know what they're talking about rave about him.

It's so arrogant to see people like MikeO come on here and just predict EXACTLY how Pat White's career is going to pan out. It's pathetic and arrogant to think you know that much more than an proven analyst such as Mark Mayock. I know it's your opinion, but to say that after the analysts rave about him and say he could possibly start in 2 years is just ridiculous.

Don't be so sure of yourself, give the guy a chance

MikeO, you're just a major know-it-all, nothing more, nothing less.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 26, 2009 12:39PM

analysts raved about Ryan Leaf and Tim Couch years ago. Analysts are often wrong!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 26, 2009 05:24PM

MikeO Wrote:
> analysts raved about Ryan Leaf and Tim Couch years
> ago. Analysts are often wrong!

Look at any players drafted in the top-10 in the last 20 years that were busts, and you'll likely find most analysts raving about them.

Date: April 26, 2009 05:54PM

They are more right than wrong

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.