HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          CJ Anderson
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
CJ Anderson
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: March 12, 2016 05:32AM

Mike Klis of 9 News Denver said "don't be surprised" if the Broncos match Miami's four-year, $18 million offer sheet for restricted free agent RB C.J. Anderson.

Klis acknowledges that Denver "badly misread" Anderson's market, failing to give him a second-round tender that likely would have kept him in the Mile High City. To get him back, they'll have to pay a little extra. The Broncos still have a world-class defense in place but their offense has huge holes to fill with Brock Osweiler gone, little at tight end, and Anderson possibly on his way to Miami. Mar 11 - 9:44 AM - rotoworld

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CJ Anderson
Posted by: Mike8272 ()
Date: March 12, 2016 05:44AM

I wouldn't be to surprised if they decide to match this offer. At an average of $4.5 million a year that seems fair value for a back with the talent of CJ Anderson. He might not have got to that next level last season as a featured back, but he came on strong at the end of the season and was a big factor in them getting to the Super Bowl and winning it.

Though hopefully for us they don't match the offer and decide to try and find another back in the draft or free agency to replace him. Perhaps they might go after Arian Foster on a prove it deal, bring back Ronnie Hillman on the cheap, and go with that stable of backs. I don't know. But fingers crossed they don't match because I'd like CJ Anderson here.

Date: March 12, 2016 05:48AM

The one thing that may preclude them from signing it is the need to sign a QB and the fact that they have 8 mil in cap space...

If you figure in the draft pool then...

Cap Space (w/Top 51 & Projected Draft Pool) $1,951,926

I just looked that up and have no idea how they match the offer. Especially if they get Kaepernick.

Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: March 12, 2016 09:19AM

Elway has fundamentally been opposed to overpaying for talent. It's why they lost their QB. I don't see them matching.

Date: March 12, 2016 11:07AM

They have until Tuesday to match or he's a Dolphin.

Date: March 13, 2016 07:36AM

That world class defense cost $$. Not knocking it because it gave them a Superbowl.....but the down side is no cap space for the offense. The draft is chock full of running backs. They still have a more then decent Oline.....I think we get him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 15, 2016 08:04AM

dam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2016 10:54AM by samsam3738.

Date: March 15, 2016 08:05AM

dam

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2016 10:55AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 15, 2016 10:16AM

They matched it, Alfred Morris now?

Date: March 15, 2016 10:28AM

I don't think he matches Gase' offense from a receiving standpoint. Slim pickins at RB. Looks like Ajayi and a draft pick. Good thing we have the #8 to get Elliott....doh!

Tannenbaum just hasn't figured out how to work those RFA's and transition/franshise tags.

Jay Ajayi had 50 receptions for 535 yards and 4 TD's in senior year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2016 10:34AM by JoeFootball.

Posted by: cshashaty ()
Date: March 15, 2016 10:39AM

I didn't like this offer to Anderson and happy DEN matched it. Poor use of cap space IMO.

Jay Ajayi is ready to be a starting RB in the NFL. Give him the rock, have Damien Williams back him up, and then draft/sign some prospects. This is not hard.

Date: March 15, 2016 10:58AM

Hell, they aren't going to use the space anyway apparently.

Scrub DE visits, NO real guards yet, CB's, etc.

Date: March 15, 2016 11:03AM

I was hoping for cj anderson.....Hope gone now....

Cant catch a break.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 15, 2016 11:24AM

That move was worth it Broncos matched move on.

Some people just want to **** on every move this front office makes. We do need a tailback. Going with Ajayi puts another key position in the hands of a guy with a health asterix next to his name. See Wake, Albert and Cameron. Williams has not shown that he is ready and IMO appeared to have regressed last year.

Now that we know Anderson is not going to join us the f/o will move on to someone else.

Posted by: Mike8272 ()
Date: March 15, 2016 11:51AM

I liked the idea of bringing CJ in, but there are other backs in free agency and the draft that we could target. For starters we could give Ajayi a more features role, his performance in college show a capable every down back. Damien Williams is capable of carrying the ball or catching the ball. So I'm confident in them two being names on our depth chart. At that point we could look at a back in the draft, or a free agent like Chris Johnson (he showed he still has it with Arizona), Ronnie Hillman (again another capable all round back), or my personal choice in Arian Foster (a bit risky, but a one or two year prove it deal could work, plus he wouldn't have to carry the entire running game like he did with Houston). I a sense it's a shame we traded down because at #8 we might have been able to get Elliot.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 15, 2016 11:53AM

cshashaty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I didn't like this offer to Anderson and happy DEN
> matched it. Poor use of cap space IMO.
>
> Jay Ajayi is ready to be a starting RB in the NFL.
> Give him the rock, have Damien Williams back him
> up, and then draft/sign some prospects. This is
> not hard.

I agree, a good system and improved interior Oline will do much more for the running game then spending millions on a back...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 15, 2016 12:20PM

I would look at R. Hillman (similar to L. Miller) and maybe draft a RB in the 2nd round.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 15, 2016 03:10PM

"Jay Ajayi is ready to be a starting RB in the NFL. Give him the rock, have Damien Williams back him up, and then draft/sign some prospects. This is not hard."

Ajayi didn't show me anywhere near enough to make me believe that he's ready to be a starter, and Williams didn't show me much of anything at all last year. Are there any young backs that would be worth our while in the second or third rounds?

Rick

Date: March 15, 2016 03:55PM

Everything I've read is its a deep draft for RBs Rick

Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: March 15, 2016 03:57PM

Glad Denver matched it. I don't see where Anderson is anything more than JAG that can be found in the bottom rounds of the draft.

Oh, I know. The plan was to use that 6th or 7th round pick on our starting guard. Whoops.

Date: March 15, 2016 04:02PM

I do want to thank the Miami Dolphins for bringing me in I believe in Gase he will get it done good luck Goose

CJ Anderson tweet a little while ago

Date: March 15, 2016 04:38PM

There are 7 backs with top 100 grades: Ezekiel Elliott, Derrick Henry, Devonte Booker, Kenneth Dixon, Alex Collins, Jordan Howard & Jonathan Williams.

CJ Anderson was undrafted. So was Arian Foster, Lamar Miller was a 4th round pick, Frank Gore 3rd round, Latavius Murray 6th, Devonta Freeman 4th round, Thomas Rawls UFA, Alfred Morris 6th, DeMarco Murray 3rd, Jeremy Langford 4th, Matt Jones 3rd, Karlos Williams 5th

Some of those guys didn't do squat their first year including CJ Anderson who had 38 yards. Don't sleep on Ajayi. We can also find another guy in late rounds or after the draft.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2016 04:42PM by JoeFootball.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: March 16, 2016 01:03AM

We drafted Miller in the 4th. It would be absurd to panic and draft his replacement in the 1st round.

I always thought ajayi was drafted as miller's replacement.

Date: March 16, 2016 04:04AM

Hey, if Elliott somehow falls to 13, I'd take him in a heartbeat. At that point it's about value and getting the BPA. He is twice the back Lamar Miller is and could change your entire offense. Tannehill needs a strong running game and the guy would probably catch 50-70 passes out of the backfield in AG's offense.

Date: March 16, 2016 07:14AM

Chris Johnson is visiting today. 31 in September, 814 yards and 3 tds for 4.2 ypc. His last 1k (1,077) yard season was in 2013. 4.5 ypc career average. I'm not excited.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 18, 2016 09:06AM

C.J. Prosise, RB, Notre Dame, 6-0 / 220 Lbs., 4.48 / 40

I'd like to see us take this guy in the 3rd or 4th...he's a bit raw (Converted Safety) but he looks like he may have the goods with a bit of work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.