HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          My Take on Moves
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
My Take on Moves
Posted by: ncfishfan ()
Date: March 11, 2016 05:29AM

Maybe I am in the minority but I like our offseason so far. We needed to shed salary and fill holes. I think we have done that.

Nothing comes without risk as we know. But we get a legitimate linebacker who can play the middle in Alonzo and a normal sized corner in Maxwell who has ability.

We shed an aging Grimes and his crazy wife lol! I was never a big fan of Miller...not durable, not consistent and could not move the pile on 3rd and short to save his life. CJ Anderson if we get him is much more of an every down back and can pick up a blitz as well!

Vernon was very overrated and took plays off. We get Williams who at 31 might have some gas left in the tank as with Wake.

To do all this and just have the 13th as opposed to an 8th 1st round pick is fine, Now we can takes best player available which is hopefully a guard...a stud guard at #13 is very viable.

All in all we are better than we were on paper when the season ended. My only wish is if we could have kept Matthews.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Take on Moves
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: March 11, 2016 05:46AM

The only moves that I think could pay off big time are Kiki Alonso and Mario Williams but they are not without questions...as are ALL of the moves they made. Every player must prove last year was an anomaly.

Williams: must prove he is not a locker room nightmare or a quitter.

Maxwell: Must prove he is better in a scheme more suited to him.

Alonso: Must prove his knee is 100%

Bushrod: Must prove he is healthy (back) and can play a position he has never played. A two time Pro Bowler at LT is impressive but has had issue with lower back, his legs and now right shoulder. He has been a VERY durable player since he earned a starting job in his 3rd year. It wasn't until last year he started to miss games.

Isa Abdul-Quddus: Must prove he is starter material. A SS for Detroit is projected to play FS for Miami.

That's a lot riding on a bunch of "IFs" 5 starters!

Posted by: jimmmyd3 ()
Date: March 11, 2016 08:10AM

Sorry - but if we pick a Guard at 13th - I will throw up!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: March 11, 2016 10:53AM

Not overpaying Vernon was a good move. He's been average at best and had some boneheaded penalties last year that hurt the team. I liked Miller but agree that Houston likely overpaid. I don't the like the trade at all. We move down 5 spots in the first round for 2 players who have injury histories and had bad years. This moves reeks of Tannenbaum. Philly wanted to get rid of these players. I wouldn't have given up more than a 7th rounder for both of them. If Philly didn't like it, move on.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: March 11, 2016 11:12AM

And if Alonso reverts to 2014 form and is a PB MLB then ?

That alone would make it worth it but add in Maxwell reverting to Seattle form and it was a steal.

Especially if they were planning on taking the same guy at 8 that falls to us at 13.

Everyone's draft board is different. Maybe they had top 10 rankings on 3 players and the next 10 carry 1b grades....

Just playing devils advocate.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 11, 2016 11:51AM

jimmmyd3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry - but if we pick a Guard at 13th - I will
> throw up!

You won't have to go to the bathroom (or wherever you would go to throw up), jimmyd3, Miami will not draft a guard at 13.

There are no offensive positions Miami will look at (unless they shock everyone and draft Qcool smiley at 13; it will be defense.

Of course, by Tannebaum trading first round slots with Philly, they have lost any chance of having a blue chipper fall to them. At 13, they will still get a good defensive player, however.

Second round on, it will be BPA.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 11, 2016 11:53AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And if Alonso reverts to 2014 form and is a PB MLB
> then ?
>
> That alone would make it worth it but add in
> Maxwell reverting to Seattle form and it was a
> steal.
>
> Especially if they were planning on taking the
> same guy at 8 that falls to us at 13.
>
> Everyone's draft board is different. Maybe they
> had top 10 rankings on 3 players and the next 10
> carry 1b grades....
>
> Just playing devils advocate.

I pretty much said the same thing you just did, Joe, in a different post, but those are mighty big ifs.

If I was the GM I would not have done it.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: March 13, 2016 03:25AM

Not sure I love the MO of hoping a player is different than they were the last year. However, I like it better than paying OV more than Watt, for instance. Watt is the Reggie White of this era. And, I think Williams is flat-out a better player than OV, though obviously fewer years left in the league.

I do like getting a couple of players with direct experience with Gase on offense (hopefully on CJ).

I suppose the players from 8-12 in this draft will long be heralded as what could have been if we had stayed at 8. However, we have bad history both staying and moving down. Ginn over Willis, Lynch and Revis. Trade down for Odrick & Misi over staying for Earl Thomas.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.