HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: March 08, 2016 12:09PM

I am hearing we are giving up a 4th and swapping 1st rounders. Going from 8 to 13.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: March 08, 2016 12:30PM

I heard we are getting a 4th and swapping 1sts.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

A overpaid FA stiff and oft injured LB shouldn't enable you to jump to 8th in the first round.

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: March 08, 2016 12:41PM

The cost of going from 13 to 8 is about a 2nd round pick or atleast a 3rd. I am going to be pissed if they essentially gave up a 2nd and 4th for those players.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 08, 2016 01:30PM

"Reports" the #Eagles swapped 1st rd picks w/ Dolphins and also received a 4th rd pick are erroneous, I'm told. Patience, young Skywalkers

A tweet from a Eagles reporter.....whew

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 08, 2016 03:17PM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am hearing we are giving up a 4th and swapping
> 1st rounders. Going from 8 to 13.

source?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: March 08, 2016 05:01PM

From someone on my twitter feed but I am not buying it. It has since been debunked. The story I am buying is that the info has not been released yet because one of the parties is embarrassed. Hopefully not us.

Date: March 09, 2016 02:44AM

According to Mort and retweeteed by Schefter, trade maybe off due to an issues with Maxwell's shoulder found during physical..

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: March 09, 2016 03:23AM

Could it be posturing to give up less compensation?

Kind of ironic that it was Maxwell and not Alonso that they had issues with....

I am not a fan of Maxwell. The guy makes Deion Sanders look like Ray Lewis in tackling ability/willingness. I believe there are better corners on the market for similar money or less.

Just give up less and get Alonso only. He is making under $1M

Date: March 09, 2016 03:53AM

Wow, now legitimate sources are saying this trade was for a swap of 1st rd picks... Don't like that trade at all...

Nietzsche

Date: March 09, 2016 05:00AM

I REALLY do not like Mike Tannenbaum! He should not be in an NFL front office. He completely bamboozled Steve Ross. Is it possible to hate someone more than Jeff Ireland?

That's the equivalent of a HIGH 3rd round pick we are giving up for an average and injured CB (who doesn't like to tackle anyway) and a one year rental of a injured MLB.

We gave a 3rd last year for Stills and to dump a terrible contract with Ellerbe.

This is the difference of getting a blue chip player at 8 or a mid round talent. The talent drops way off at 8.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 09, 2016 05:26AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> I am not a fan of Maxwell. The guy makes Deion
> Sanders look like Ray Lewis in tackling
> ability/willingness. I believe there are better
> corners on the market for similar money or less.

> and injured CB (who doesn't like to tackle anyway

C'mon Joe don't crap on this guy, he had 53 solo tackle 6 less than Misi and 2 forced fumble to Misi's 0. Yeah that sounds like someone who doesn't like to tackle. I supposed he damaged that shoulder picking daisies.

Good for the Phins physicians for catching this and if we negate the trade so be it and move on.

Date: March 09, 2016 05:41AM

why are you set on judging talent by tackle numbers? Besides, if an outside corner is making that many tackles, he is giving up way too many completions. I want my corners to cover and pick passes. He has 8 picks in 5 years.

The guy gave up 679 yards BEFORE week 8 last year and he was only targeted 25 times. By way of comparison, Stephon Gilmore allowed 17 catches for 231 yards through the first 7 weeks and was targets 33 times!

VS Atlanta last year, on the 11 times he was targeted, Maxwell allowed 10 receptions for 179 yards and one touchdown.

Why do you think Philly fans are chomping at the bit to get rid of the guy and his ridiculous contract?

Date: March 09, 2016 05:49AM

Well, the medical staff has cleared him. He will be a Dolphin. Let's see what the new contract looks like.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 09, 2016 09:27AM

Gonna be a swap of first round picks. Philly gets Miami's 8th and Miami takes 13.

Once again, Miami gets suckered.

We can only hope these trades work out.

Date: March 09, 2016 09:32AM

Yep we will see what Maxwell brings to the table.

I hope he goes 12 games again w/ out giving up a TD and for those games where he is having a bad day I hope his teammates take up the slack. Yes he had 4 rotten games in Philly that the fans remember but they don't remember the 12 where he gave up no td's.

"from Weeks 3 to 13, the fifth-year corner was targeted 45 times in coverage, allowing 28 completions for 365 yards – a meager 8.1 average per attempt – and zero touchdowns. That works out to 45 yards per game, minus Week 4 against Washington, when he exited early with an injury. Yards per catch were kept to a minimum as well at just 92 total, and he only surrendered one reception over 23 yards during that span. "

and JoeF I set my judgements based on stats to show a players strengths as well as faults not to just take a crap on them.

Date: March 09, 2016 09:49AM

Well that makes me feel better. I just remember last year thinking how the Eagles overpaid to get him. He was just ok to decent in Seattle on a dominant defense protected by two of the best safeties in the league. I hope he is a better fit in VJ's scheme than Philly's.

Omar (the know-it-all) is stating as fact that Maxwell was out of place as a zone corner last year and was outplayed by Nolan Carroll. He called Carroll a zone corner. Funny thing is, Nolan Carroll tweeted directly to Omar saying he has been "man press, every year" LMAO.

Omar also stated that VJ would run zone only.

it was my understanding that VJ mixed in coverages last year from zone, off man and man press.

Date: March 09, 2016 01:54PM

So Tennessee only gave up a swap of 4th rounders while Miami gave up a swap of 1st rounders. Philly moves from 15 to 2 in the 4th.

I have to think they could have gotten both for a swap of 3rd round picks. Philly has no 2nd.

Date: March 09, 2016 04:36PM

I actually wish that we could bring Carrol back as a second corner.

"I have to think they could have gotten both for a swap of 3rd round picks. Philly has no 2nd."

Philly has 2 3rds (I think) they would not have bitten on that offer.

We got a starting cb and perhaps a starting mlb filling two needs by moving down 5 spots. I think Tannebaum did ok here.

Date: March 09, 2016 04:59PM

We'll see when we see what happens at 8 and 13, if Alonso stays healthy and resigns next year and if Maxwell performs. AT 8.5M he better be good.

Date: March 11, 2016 08:40AM

Date: March 14, 2016 06:01AM

Date: March 14, 2016 09:23AM

Posted by: cshashaty ()
Date: March 15, 2016 10:49AM

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.