HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Lamar Miller probably NOT re-signing
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Lamar Miller probably NOT re-signing
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: March 04, 2016 05:08AM

Said to be in the 5 mil per year range. I'm guessing a 3 to 4 mil cap hit this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2016 03:59AM by JoeFootball.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lamar Miller re-signing
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 04, 2016 05:26AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Said to be in the 5 mil per year range. I'm
> guessing a 3 to 4 mil cap hit this year.

Did he resign or are they still working on it? I haven't seen anywhere that says he has signed yet....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: March 04, 2016 05:37AM

I heard they are getting close but not yet signed.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 04, 2016 05:47AM

This might not be popular but, I think with our cap situation, Lamar Miller is a luxury we really cant afford. We have a lot of holes on our team to fill, Rbs are a dime a dozen, we cant afford 5+million right now to sign him... And if we spend 5 million on him that means others holes will not be filled.. It is much easier to fill a RB hole for cheap then a lot of the other holes we have on our roster..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: March 04, 2016 06:03AM

I don't think the cap will be an issue and I also think they'll structure it so it won't be a huge hit this year.

I think he is ready to be a star RB. I saw a transformation in him last year in the passing game. I first thought he was very unnatural catching the ball but he got better. I also originally thought he was not elusive or a strong enough runner. I think he got better in those areas as well.

I think if you put him behind some better guards, he will be a top 10 RB, capable of challenging for the rushing title. I know we are going after a top guard in FA but not sure who that will be. I doubt it will be Osemele as he is probably too much money but there are several guys available this year.

At LG:

1 Kelechi Osemele
2 Ramon Foster
3 Evan Mathis
4 Geoff Schwartz

at RG:

1 Alex Boone
2 Brandon Brooks
3 Michael Harris

There are also several tackles available if they think they can slide James inside but guards are cheaper. We need another option at tackle as well.

He sure has a pretty good rushing average for a guy who has played behind some pretty bad lines.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 04, 2016 06:16AM

Lamar Miller was good this year.

He can be even better with two guards that can run block.

This is a key signing in the offseason.

Date: March 04, 2016 06:35AM

LOL.

Now I hear that he wants more than 5 mil and may test the market. I would not pay more than 5 mil. I would go with Forte for less and draft someone in the later rounds.

Date: March 04, 2016 07:09AM

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 04, 2016 08:48AM

I want Miller back but yeah I would not go over 5 mil. I don't think anyone else in the league will either. W/ that Im hoping he comes back to us.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 04, 2016 12:23PM

The problem I see in trying to keep Miller is that he is young and productive, plus he doesn't have a lot of wear-and-tear on him, since he didn't average many carries per game.

Miller will be signing for more than the $5M, probably around $7M.

If no one is willing to pay that much, he will probably resign with Miami, with the promise from the Miami coaches that he will average at least 20 carries per game.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: March 04, 2016 12:28PM

Miller isn't a 25 carry per game back. What Joe said. Get Forte and draft an RB in the later rounds.

Date: March 07, 2016 04:57AM

I think Miller is in for a rude awakening in FA. Not too many teams are as dumb as Chip Kelley is as a GM. They aren't paying 8 mil for a one hit wonder, RB like Murray. The Eagles were paying over 15 mil a year for 3 RB's. That's 3 RB's with top 14 contracts and they didn't even utilize them.

The Bills also paid $8M for Shady. I think both teams have buyers remorse at this point. Other teams will learn from this.

Miller hasn't accomplished anything close to what these guys have done.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 07, 2016 10:31AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lamar Miller was good this year.
>
> He can be even better with two guards that can run
> block.
>
>
> This is a key signing in the offseason.

I completely agree. I think we should try to keep and develop our own draft picks when they show promise, and Miller certainly has done that.

Rick

Re: Lamar Miller probably NOT re-signing
Date: March 08, 2016 04:00AM

If he sees Miami signing JR Sweezy as their answer at guard, he will probably run right up to Tampa.

Rumor is he is headed to Houston.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2016 05:04AM by JoeFootball.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.