Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Looks like we are trying to restructure Koa Misi.....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Looks like we are trying to restructure Koa Misi.....
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 03, 2016 12:14PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looks like we are trying to restructure Koa Misi.....
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 03, 2016 03:50PM

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: March 04, 2016 01:35AM

should have just cut him. he's part of the lb'ing problem.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 04, 2016 02:42AM

I swear the Dolphin's have no cojones. It would not even have taken big ones to cut this guy. They are insisting that they have the core players to take them to the playoffs and beyond. With guys like Misi as part of their 'core' they will continue to be mediocre. They really need to pull their heads out.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: March 04, 2016 05:36AM

I'm not concerned about keeping Misi. Especially at a reduced salary. He will likely play the SLB spot and see limited snaps anyway.

He is a solid, versatile (but unspectacular) guy but he just cannot be counted on for 16 games. There should be a backup plan...and I don't mean signing 4 undrafted free agent linebackers either.

It was reported that the new staff likes him.

He has made it through 3 or 4 front office structures as well as 5 HC's. He must be doing something right. This is the same guy that was a part of some pretty darn good defenses in 2011 and 12. They were ranked 6th and 7th in points allowed. 2011 he was a 3-4 SOLB and 2012 he was a 4-3 SLB.

Misi is not even close to the biggest issues. The problem is at DT, MLB and FS.

Until they find a capable DT to play next to Suh and some DE's that can set the edge, all of our LB'ers will stink.

Date: March 04, 2016 06:10AM

Misi is an issue and represent mediocrity and a sub prime return on our second round investment that you have to go back 3 years to find when he made a difference.

The new staff likes him, the front office likes him. These guys like going 8-8 and 6-10. People did not make excuses for Wheeler, Ellerbe and Sheppard who all made more tackles and plays than this guy. Its unbelievable and fans wonder why we suck. Not me I know why because we fall in love with guys like this. Stop the excuses for Misi.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 04, 2016 06:35AM

big mistake to restructure misi

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 04, 2016 06:49AM

The only way I am cool with restructuring Misi is if his cost equates to what his dead money is and the cost of a replacement... If it is anymore then that, no thanks... But If it will cost us more money to sign someone else plus his dead money, then it doesn't make sense to not restructure... So if we get him for say 2-2.5 million a year I can live with that...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 04, 2016 06:55AM

They probably figure there is noone better and he knows the system...

Biggest problem i see with misi is he is injury prone.

Date: March 04, 2016 07:07AM

Well, I'll wait to see the numbers. If you look back, I have been calling for his release as well. I just don't think it's as big an issue as...

1. Relying on Mitchell to be a DT.
2. Relying on Phillips to be a DT.
3. Relying on Thomas, Turner and Douglas to be a starting guard.
4. Relying on Taylor, Aikens, Thomas to prevent big plays in the secondary.
5. Relying on a a non MLB to be a starting MLB.

You want to make him out to be worse than Ellerbe, Wheeler and Sheppard but that's just not the case. Sheppard had 25 more tackles AS A MLB. WOW. Sheppard also has worse career numbers in just about every other meaningful category....FF, TD, PD, sacks.

There will be more competition this year hopefully. It's reported to be a pay cut as opposed to extension so he can probably be released later if beaten for a job. He would count 1.15 in dead space if cut. maybe in the new structure, it's less in dead money to cut him later.

Date: March 04, 2016 08:43AM

It is the case that Misi is just as worse as those 3 his tackles numbers show it. Yes Sheppard had 25 more tackles playing behind the same DT's, 105. Kuechly had 118 playing behind a solid DT rotation. So 105 tackles is not bad. It was noted that Sheppard's play got better towards the end of last season so yes I say he is just a good as the 'steady mediocre' Misi.

I agree w/ the DT tackle rotation. As I always said I think our play at center has a lot to do w/ out guards. I cannot believe that we consistently get guards that stink. Same w/ the defensive backfield that cannot produce turnover I always believed the DC could not get them into the proper defense to counter what the O was doing. Hopefully coaching will improve all of these problems.

Dallas Thomas had his best year playing besides James at RG. I want to see that again instead of switching James to guard. Stop the Oline merry go round.

Date: March 04, 2016 08:51AM

I want to see ALL of our guards pushed to the bench at the very least in favor of proven guards in FA. Time is up for Dallas Thomas. 4th year and he still has 3 or 4 brain farts a game and average play beyond that.

Like your point with the average Misi, we need some guards who can dominate people, keep the pocket clean, etc.

Turner and Douglas could still improve but I wouldn't count on it. I don't think Ireland, Hickey or Tannenbaum would know a good guard if they got pancaked by one.

Date: March 04, 2016 09:13AM

Never in my life have I seen a team not being able to generate productivity from the G position like the Phins. We have had problems at G for over 5 years. That is ridiculous. That's why Im not sure if its scheme coaching and leadership. These guys are not being developed. All have had successful collegiate careers. I remember watching ND St and was focused on the LT, Turner. I was happy when we drafted him and we kicked him inside to G. I think we should have left him at T. Icog and Jerry were vulnerable to stunts and blitzes when they were here. Tanne was still getting the crap beat out of him. The problem did not just start w/ these 3 guys. Guard is usually a plug and play position.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 04, 2016 12:16PM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not concerned about keeping Misi. Especially
> at a reduced salary. He will likely play the SLB
> spot and see limited snaps anyway.
>
> He is a solid, versatile (but unspectacular) guy
> but he just cannot be counted on for 16 games.
> There should be a backup plan...and I don't mean
> signing 4 undrafted free agent linebackers
> either.
>
> It was reported that the new staff likes him.
>
> He has made it through 3 or 4 front office
> structures as well as 5 HC's. He must be doing
> something right. This is the same guy that was a
> part of some pretty darn good defenses in 2011 and
> 12. They were ranked 6th and 7th in points
> allowed. 2011 he was a 3-4 SOLB and 2012 he was a
> 4-3 SLB.
>
> Misi is not even close to the biggest issues. The
> problem is at DT, MLB and FS.
>
> Until they find a capable DT to play next to Suh
> and some DE's that can set the edge, all of our
> LB'ers will stink.

As you say, Joe, Miami can't afford to get rid of everybody. Our LBing unit is in bad shape, but Misi is a solid LBer, not a superstar, but solid.

He needs to stick around until Miami gets guys in there that can do a decent job.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.