HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Congrats to Peyton and the Broncos
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Congrats to Peyton and the Broncos
Posted by: JC ()
Date: February 07, 2016 05:28PM

Great, entertaining game.

WHAT A DEFENSE. Great defensive play on both sides, but the Broncos caused a lot of turnovers and most notable to me was some tremendous open-field tackling.

Congratulations to Peyton Manning, a well deserved win and a class act.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Congrats to Peyton and the Broncos
Date: February 07, 2016 06:41PM

That's how you play defense. Peyton is so done but every one should be so lucky to go out on a high note

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 07, 2016 08:18PM

I feel sorry for a kid you I found out grew up about 100 miles from where I grew up (of course a lot later). That is Ardmore, Oklahoma (Cam Newton) from my hometown of Lawton, Oklahoma.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: February 08, 2016 03:30AM

Peyton becomes the first QB to win the SB with two different teams. Time to retire. He's just a shadow of the QB that he used to be.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: February 08, 2016 04:16AM

I didn't think it possible to totally shut down Carolina's offense. That was a great defensive performance.

on the flip side, Carolina's d held the Broncos to 11 first down and under 200 total yards. Can't pin this one on them.

All in all a pretty boring game of which I lost my panthers -5 bet and the over 45.

As for Cam I love his celebrations. I love how they get the kids involved but it's easy to celebrate. What defines you is how you handle defeat and he failed miserably last night walking out of his presser.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: February 08, 2016 06:47AM

Don't know what game y'all watched but I saw a high school game with lots of bone head mistakes = drops + penalties and obviously POOR coaching and game day preparedness on Carolina's part.

Cut to camera 3 and look at the perplexed bewildered rather daft expression on Mike Shula's face. And while you're at it -- check out camera 1 and observe how Ron Rivera remained clueless and seemingly detached from any notion of strategic adjustments or real-time solutions.

Overall, it was a very POOR showing by Carolina -- consistently missing open receivers, receivers consistently dropping catchable balls, ridiculous (utterly stupid) play calling compounded by the absolute inability to make ONE viable adjustment.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 08, 2016 09:05AM

I thought that was a boring super didn't watch much of it. Congrats to the Broncos, it shows that defense can win the big game for you.

Date: February 08, 2016 09:09AM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: February 08, 2016 09:18AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought that was a boring super didn't watch
> much of it. Congrats to the Broncos, it shows that
> defense can win the big game for you.

Yep, defense can win especially when the opposing offense plays deaf dumb and blind!

How about Teddy Bear running around all fancy pants!? LOL.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: February 08, 2016 11:14AM

I just wanted to see Cam get that grin knocked off his face. The Bronco's D definitely did that! The press conference was just confirmation that the guy is a big P****Y. Waaaaaahhhhhh!

SuperGirl had a bad day. LMAO

Date: February 08, 2016 11:51AM

Didn't see it. Will have to find it.

I think the one thing they had to complain about however, was that first bad call that was challenged and was not overturned.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 08, 2016 02:07PM

As good as Elway and Manning were, it was the Broncos' defenses that won their 3 Superbowls. Both of those guys lead high-octane offenses early in their careers but it's obvious what wins Superbowls.

Date: February 08, 2016 06:36PM

Date: February 09, 2016 04:11AM

montequi Wrote:
> As good as Elway and Manning were, it was the
> Broncos' defenses that won their 3 Superbowls.
> Both of those guys lead high-octane offenses early
> in their careers but it's obvious what wins
> Superbowls.

That might have been the case for the 2015 Broncos but in 97 they were #9 in passing yards, #4 in rushing yards and #2 in scoring. They had the 5th ranked defense.

In 1998, they were #7 in passing yards, #2 in rushing yards and #2 in scoring. They had the #11 defense.

The strength of those teams was the running game with Terrell Davis. Everything revolved around that but they were also a well rounded team in all aspects.

Predominantly, what wins SB's are well rounded teams.

Date: February 09, 2016 12:43PM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: February 09, 2016 01:52PM

Date: February 09, 2016 03:33PM

Date: February 10, 2016 05:30AM

No doubt. Losing gracefully is a huge part of being a success. Cam needs to reflect and comeback a better person. On ed of my favorite things about Ricky Williams was his demeanor. After scoring a touchdown or a nice run he would just hand the ball to the nearest Referee. It's fun to dance but it's good to know, others can dance also.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 10, 2016 09:45AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 10, 2016 10:25AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Quote: "It's fun to dance but it's good to know,
> others can dance also."
>
> That's a great line if you sit back and think
> about it.

Jesus would agree with that...Feel good about others joy.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: February 10, 2016 11:14AM

Cam Newton is an extraordinary athlete and his antics on the field when he's winning shows a happy go lucky personality; however, when the &#^* hits the fan, and things go south, his pearly white smile disappears, and his composure fails.

During the SB, he wasn't having fun, he wasn't smiling and was in great distress. He played so-so, his team was sloppy, and the outcome was capped with that lost fumble that he shied away from at the end of the game. His gross immaturity showed itself in the post game interview. He's a man-child, a child in an athletically powerful body man's body. Hopefully, his brain and emotions will someday grow so that when the *&$# hits the fan again...he can dust himself off, get up and act like an emotionally strong man.

As for Peyton, I was glad to see him play one last time--he's certain to call it quits with this SB victory--the cherry on the cake, so to speak--to his great NFL career.

Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: February 10, 2016 11:32AM

For everyone riding cam newton, and let me say first that I think cam needs to grow up some, let's take his actions during the super bowl with a little perspective.

Go back to another past super bowl, indy vs new Orleans. New Orleans wins the game, and the opposing qb at the end of the game heads straight to the locker room, not shaking anyone's hands or congratulating anyone.

So Peyton Manning, the present model of what everyone thinks a QB should be over his career, played the punk card after losing the super bowl and didn't shake Brees hand.

Now I'm not saying Newton shouldn't get some shit for how he acted. Hell if I was his team mate and I saw the replay of the fumble near the end of the game where he jumped AWAY from the pile, I'd probably cuss him out. But just realize that everyone, even the most respected in the sport, have moments that they didn't act professionally and still went on to be great and we'll respected.

Date: February 10, 2016 12:47PM

You're comparing one moment of the prototypical professional to a another guy who's reoccurring theme has been "ME...ME...ME". If he had handled his career with any class over the past 5-8 years then the post game press conference would not have been such a big deal.

When you constantly run your mouth and claim to be the best ever... Superman, etc. You had better expect to hear about it when you fail.

He asked for it by his own actions.

Did he ever stop to think that as the face of the franchise, he is representing his team, coaches and all Carolina fans? Did he ever stop to think about sportsmanship during his celebrations or antics over the past 8 years? That is not what a great leader does.

This is yet another instance of selfish behavior from an entitled athlete. It's been his M.O. since anyone ever heard of the guy.

Stealing a laptop at Florida and then transferring after hearing about pending academic dishonesty charges.

Play for pay allegations at Auburn...

This is a pattern of entitlement, not a one time incident.

"But I know who I am and I'm not about to conform nor bend for anybody's expectations because your or anybody else's expectations will never exceed mine."

Classic narcissist.

He will never be known as one of the greats until he realizes he needs to grow up. It's the same type of thing that is keeping T.O. out of the HOF....It's everyone's fault but theirs.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 04:01AM

How old is he?

26-27?

I tell you what he is...

He is nothing but a punk who thought he was unbeatable.

He thought he had all the answers....And came crashing down just like in a plane crash.

He couldn't take the pressure of the reporters and exploded like a punk.

Now he is a marked man and is going to learn by this experience.

Date: February 11, 2016 04:52AM

Or not....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.