HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          So....Who ya rootin' for on Sunday?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
So....Who ya rootin' for on Sunday?
Posted by: JC ()
Date: February 03, 2016 06:21PM

Poll
Which team do you want to win SB L (I refuse to remove the Roman Numeral)
Voting is currently disabled for this poll.
16 votes were received.
Broncos! It might be Peyton's last trip to the show; they deserve to be rewarded for eliminating the Patsies. 10

63%
Panthers! Time for Mike Shula to get a ring and make his dad proud! 6

37%

For the first time in recent memory, I'm actually looking forward to watching the Super Bowl. Usually I abhor one of the teams or am indifferent altogether. This time, I don't think I have a problem with either side winning.

I'd like to see a Manning get another ring, and I'd also like to see a Shula get another ring. Peyton might not make it to the Big Game again (or any game). Mike Shula would make Don so proud if his offense led the Panthers to victory.

Either way, it's going to be entertaining to me...for once!

What do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: So....Who ya rootin' for on Sunday?
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: February 03, 2016 07:09PM

One of my sons has been cheering for the Panthers since the expansion, so I'm cheering for them. As for the Broncos, they should thank Miami for beating the Patsies in week 17. And as far as I'm concerned, Manning already has a ring. And to think that Carolina had what, two wins two years ago? They have accomplished an uphill battle. Cam Newton was on fire this season and I'd like to see him get a ring.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 03, 2016 09:25PM

Panthers because it's time for folks to realize that he is the Real Deal. He is not Scam Newton as Finshady used to call him when he came out of college.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 03, 2016 10:34PM

Manning. He's basically the antithesis to Brady and his brother beat Brady 2x on the big stage.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: February 04, 2016 12:10AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> He is not Scam Newton as Finshady used to call him when he came out of college.

I googled "Scam Newton" and a whole bunch of stuff turned up lol

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 04, 2016 02:50AM

Panthers. There's something I really like about Newton and that team. I can't seem to pin it down. Regardless, I think it's destiny since their coach was on the '85 Bears.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: February 04, 2016 03:07AM

I want to like the Panthers but I just cannot get behind a SB win for them. I think Cam Newton needs a dose of humility. I want to like him for the way he treats fans (kids) but I cannot get on board with the extended celebrations.

Two years ago everyone wanted Rivera and Newton fired. Now look at them. That should give Miami fans hope.

I am indifferent if Manning walks away with another championship but I am leaning toward rooting for Denver.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 04, 2016 03:53AM

Im a manning fan for life...

They both eliminated the pats and thats gold to me.

GO ELI GO PAYTON.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: February 04, 2016 04:03AM

A slight edge to the Panthers but, I'm not going to be disappointed either way.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: February 04, 2016 06:03AM

My money is on the panthers but I wouldn't mind seeing Manning retire with the trophy.

Like JC, I'm looking forward to a good game.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: February 04, 2016 06:29AM

Not really much at stake for me -- tho I voted Broncos.

I do believe if the Panthers play their best game the game will get ugly for Manning.

Carolina has too much going on at the same time to be put down.

Probably something like 38-10 Panthers. Maybe worse.

Date: February 04, 2016 07:10AM

I would like to see Von Miller and Demarcus Ware harass Cam though...Should be interesting.

Carolina has not played a defense as good as this one all year. They have actually played pretty weak defenses all season outside of Seattle and maybe Arizona.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 04, 2016 08:18AM

That is a very fast defense of the broncos though.....Might give carolina some trouble.....

But carolina is probably going to win. They are the better team.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 04, 2016 10:32AM

Denver D keeps them in the game, the old Manning would win it for them but the old one can't.

Happy for Shula and the Panthers but can Cam's ego get any bigger, get ready.

Date: February 04, 2016 11:38AM

Cam takes a lot of flak but the kid has certainly proven he's a special athlete -- so as they say -- it ain't braggin if ya can back it up!

Physically he takes a huge number of risks and has proven to be TUFF ENOUGH to walk away.

Kind of expect Phillips to run blitz aggressively and make Cam play QB and not Wing T HB.

True Story!

Watch the game and see.

BNF.

Date: February 04, 2016 11:45AM

Date: February 04, 2016 12:01PM

Cam is a great qb w/ a ton of confidence a big ego and cocky. Ali was the greatest boxer ever and one of the greatest wind bags ever.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 04, 2016 04:28PM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> Cam is a great qb w/ a ton of confidence a big ego
> and cocky. Ali was the greatest boxer ever and one
> of the greatest wind bags ever.

Ali was an entertainer. He recognized that professional sports is just that...entertainment..and Ali gave his fans everything they asked for. Cam is a good guy off the field, so I could care less how cocky he is on it.

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: February 04, 2016 05:09PM

I will root for the Bronco's but ultimately I do not care, either way. Hopefully it is an entertaining game.

Date: February 05, 2016 03:31AM

No dog in the fight, I actually miss having hatred for a team,but I guess I'm pulling for Peyton. It's definitely his last game. Thats my heart, However,my head if I was a betting man says Panthers.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 05, 2016 06:10AM

montequi Wrote:
> mizzou15 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Cam is a great qb w/ a ton of confidence a big
> ego
> > and cocky. Ali was the greatest boxer ever and
> one
> > of the greatest wind bags ever.
>
> Ali was an entertainer. He recognized that
> professional sports is just
> that...entertainment..and Ali gave his fans
> everything they asked for. Cam is a good guy off
> the field, so I could care less how cocky he is on
> it.

I like Cam I love Ali that's just part of their character. I knew 2 nfl execs (former) and they would both speak warmly of a player here that the press would paint badly always said that he was salt of the earth the other guy who is still on network tv they would say is the biggest ahole you could ever met. Always projects himself as a model citizen.

Posted by: LUDUPORCU ()
Date: February 06, 2016 10:15AM

Thus far, C NEWTON has "proven" precious little, and nothing really exceptional. At least WILLIAMS won a SB w/The Redskins (I believe). I think that I'll wait until NEWTON's 2nd SB win (or at least his FIRST!!) before I anoint him "God" or even "special". Not many Black QBs have struck me as at all special: they all seem to be individuals prone to rely on, and make too many plays with, their feet rather than their brain/arm. But I'll grant this much: NEWTON has shown well, and might indeed be special. But he still has to prove it. One great game, and even one or two great seasons, isn't nearly enough, especially when he might be on the best overall team in the entire League. As long as football is a "team game", it does matter who your friends are! In SB-III, for example, JOE NAMATH WAS NOT on the best team in the League: far from it. The team he beat, SHULA's COLTS, WAS the best team in the NFL or ANY OTHER LEAGUE!!!

I'll be watching this SB more carefully than many others. Maybe we'll get an insight as to who C NEWTON is, and just how good/great he'll turn out to be (barring injuries, of course).

Date: February 06, 2016 11:43AM

Date: February 06, 2016 12:14PM

RE: LUDUPORCU on Cam Newton

Gotta say you have a special way with words.

It's one thing to have questions regarding a player -- as in a legit opinion based on some degree of subjective insight and/or associative reference as in making a valid comparison.

But I find your words rooted in a personal envelop of ignorance and an obvious bias against Mr. Cam Newton because he is a "black QB." Thus and therefore, he has to PROVE MORE in your book.

I assume you believe it would be "better" for Cam to leave his superior athletic chops on the sideline and play "coitusback" like the Lady in NE? I mean Tommy Shady plays coitusback just like an inferior white boy athlete -- needing cheating and a assorted list of "levelers" like legal holding and so forth, right?

Like it or not, big-time athletics is about the superior athlete far more than who is "smarter." And for the record, Joe Namath was not some really smart dude. And neither was Marino. They were both relatively "gifted athletes" with pretty amazing hand eye coordination, quick twitch arms, and overall physical toughness. Of course, they were also super competitive human beings whose competitive drive greatly exceeded their ability to withstand physical abuse.

Cam is a different breed per se. IMO. He's bigger, stronger, and at least to this stage, incredibly physically resilient (like beating on a bag of cement). He obviously has superior competitive drive and has proven to be (this far) a winner at every level.

Beyond that, "brilliance" can be measured in an endless number of ways. And it's easy to formulate an "argument" based on ones own highly selective interpretation of "facts" and supposed indicators of excellence.

I hope you experience some personal growth that allows you to see the wOrld in bigger, more inclusive ways.

BNF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2016 12:16PM by BigNastyFish.

Date: February 06, 2016 03:13PM

I sat back and waited for someone else to do it and no one could have put it better than u did...BNF. Thanks.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: February 06, 2016 07:46PM

Thread closed...it's game day!

Just want to see a great game. Hope that's not too much to ask.

GO....whoever!

So far, my favorite commercial is the dachshunds running through a field whilst wearing hotdog buns.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.