HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          JT is coming back
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
JT is coming back
Posted by: dres9711 ()
Date: April 25, 2009 04:50PM

With leaving all the DE/OLB on the board... we now know JT is coming back, right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: JT is coming back
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 25, 2009 04:51PM

I wouldn't be surprised at this point. I still think Cameron Wake will end up starting for us at OLB, though.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: April 25, 2009 04:53PM

Yea, I was just going to start a thread like this....

It's definitely looks like siging JT would be a gift & Cameron Wake must be highly thought of by this regime.

The JT departure was tough last year...but, we gained a high character playmaker in Pat White and it would be great if we could find a roster spot for JT to help us get back to the play-offs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2009 04:55PM by Jim B.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 25, 2009 04:55PM

Sorry PF-2. No OLB's today but we SEVERELY upgraded our hurting secondary. You have to like day one.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 25, 2009 08:19PM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 26, 2009 03:41AM

I dont think we will if we pick Michael Johnson.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: April 26, 2009 04:05AM

I have to think JT is going to come back for a year. This year could be special if these corners do well. We took a relative area of weakness and turned it into a major strength. Our secondary could be one of the best in the league. If Jason signs and mixes in with Wake and Porter, I don't know how any team will consistently pass the ball against us. I hope Ferguson can hold up one more year to stuff that run.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: April 26, 2009 04:12AM

"I wanted Larry English. Once he was gone it really didn't matter to me which direction we went in."

When English was taken ahead of us, I figured damn...Ireland may have wanted English and now he's gone. But then I realized that was false. Lots of good players still on the board and we went with the cornerback. I totally believe that Jesus Christ could have been on the board at 25 and we'd still be drafting Vonte Davis.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 26, 2009 04:42AM

You have to think that BP is not to happy about the fact that he was always looking for the next Lawrence Taylor and then he gets Demarcus Ware in Dallas and then leaves because Jones can't keep his nose out of personnel.

Maybe he thinks he found his guy in Cameron Wake. Even if that is the case, we still need a young OLB to play opposite him because Porters days are numbered and he's not a 3 down player any more. We still could take a run at Michael Johnson but will we have to move up to do it?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 26, 2009 04:49AM

maybe he felt Clay Matthewes wasn't worth the pick at #25. And the organization feels bring back JT for a year. Then worry about the OLB next offsesason. So lets load up on the secondary this year.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: April 26, 2009 05:05AM

Moving up to get Michael Johnson would be a great move, we have lots of late round picks to bargain with. And according to Ireland, we're set at WR and the offense needs nothing else but a wildcat QB,...so why not move up?

Looks like JT is definitely coming back.

The only one good thing to come out of this is that we've got our Surtain/Madison tandem, and those were good years with that pair. Ireland just better keep them and not let them go into FA. I don't want to hear in a couple years that they're too expensive and we need a linebacker, or NT or WR or whatever. We committed this whole draft to cornerback, so let's keep them.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 26, 2009 05:07AM

Day 2 is where you go get BIG BODIES. DT's, OG, OT.......and hope 1 of them sticks and becomes a player.

Day 2 is where you go for SIZE!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.