HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Adam gase
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Adam gase
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 11, 2016 04:33AM

Hiring a Head coach to fix the qb position is kind of nuts.....

This means they are thinking about keeping tannehill..

Another 4 or 5 years of losing.

Stay Tuned.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 11, 2016 05:23AM

Based on the few words I've heard by Gase, he has not had the time (maybe not the inkling either) to see Tannehill in action. My guess he was non-committal because he does need time to assess the man in every way, which includes Tannehill's leadership style. My guess is that several QBs will be on this team during pre-season, and that one of them may be there to unseat Tannehill.

There are only a few players who are safe for now. Landry and Parker are in and will be a mainstay in the passing game. Seeing some highlights from these two players will convince Gase they are players, not so for our linebackers, guards and CBs. Those positions need lots of attention. We all know this and I expect new players or FAs to upgrade those positions in 2016.

Dan Campbell didn't fail, he had an impossible task and struggled but didn't fail. It was trial by fire for him. He'll land another job and do well. Expect him to become an NFL HC in the future. thumbs up

Date: January 11, 2016 07:51AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 11, 2016 09:03AM

Triple agreement about Dan Campbell.thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 11, 2016 01:03PM

KB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > jsm08
> > Yeah.....because we really have a hole to fill
> at
> > QB. eye rolling smiley I think a second or third round pick
> would
> > be much better used on a O lineman, a MLB or
> CB?
> > eye rolling smiley You need to get your priorities straight
> Bro.
>
> Hmmmm where have I heard that before?...uh...lets
> see...oh yea. From a few on this board FOR THE
> LAST 10 YEARS! Come on man.
>
> Treasure, if YET AGAIN we draft linemen and DBs,
> STILL finish without a winning record a Hennehill
> STILL shows a propensity for nothing other than
> staying stone faced and running up meaningless
> stats at garbage time will you THEN be ready to
> give up on this guy? What's it gonna take? Haste
> looks like nothing but an attempt by Ross and
> Tannenbaum to salvage a HUGE contract they gave
> out undeservedly. Hope I'm wrong but based on
> Ross' decisions thus far is bet I'm not.

Geez, KB....YOU MAD, BRO? LOL. Just had to use that line.

Anyway....With all the "serious" holes that Miami has to fill, i.e., OL that can pass and run block...LBers that can stop the run and also run with receivers (i.e., RB and TE)....DBs that can cover instead of making no-name QBs look like All Pros...DE, as there is a good possibility that Miami will lose both Wake and Vernon. And you are suggesting Miami draft another QB in the first few rounds?

I can go with maybe the third round, but only if there isn't THAT GUY sitting there that is high on Miami's draft board.

A QB is not essential. Draft one in the middle rounds and hope that Miami has found their Tom Brady, but in the first two rounds? Nah!

BTW, there is a strong chance that Miami is not going to finish with a winning record this coming season. New coaching staff, new players, maybe even new scheme(s). Gonna take time to get it together.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 11, 2016 01:07PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Hiring a Head coach to fix the qb position is kind
> of nuts.....
>
>
> This means they are thinking about keeping
> tannehill..
>
>
> Another 4 or 5 years of losing.
>
>
> Stay Tuned.

Ah, I see the "new" Sam is back.

Yes, they are thinking of keeping RT, but not necessarily another 4-5 years. At least two, then I think his contract will allow a departure.

I, personally, think Gase can help RT, and hopefully the whole drafting crew can get it right, both draft and FA, to finally shore up the problem areas, which will enable RT to perform the way we all wish for him to.

Gase (supposedly) has the reputation of helping QBs improve, so lets hope it happens with RT.

RT's our guy, Sam, so lets hope everyone in the FO knows what they are doing.

Date: January 12, 2016 04:09AM

QUote: RT's our guy, Sam, so lets hope everyone in the FO knows what they are doing.

Agreed!smileys with beer

Date: January 12, 2016 04:10AM

Like some others have said......We are due for some luck.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 12, 2016 07:53AM

Must say, I am entertained by the comments in this thread.

Seems the overwhelming consensus is that Ross is the preeminent problem and until the pest is eradicated the infestation will continue. On that point I wholeheartedly agree.

Beyond that, the simple fact is the My Yammie Dolphins have been the My Yammie Flounder since Ross leveraged his billion-airhead ego into the Davie combine. So we already know the outcome of his latest bottom feeding expedition -- simply more of the same with huge doses of hype to distract the fan base as much as possible until the last turd goes down the toilet...

I did not watch one entire NFL game this year because I was not interested in supporting a league that props up cheaters and stands for nothing other than glorifying billionaire vampires who suck bloody MONEY from the public as vigorously as possible. Truth is I turned to girls collegiate volleyball to watch some legit sports action and not get abused in the process.

The game has been ruined by HUGE money and ultra greedy narcissists.

Go Trump!

BNF.

Best of luck to y'all.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: January 12, 2016 09:08AM

“I think he needs a guy that’s going to have his back, that he feels comfortable with right out the gate, and I’m going to be working directly with him,” Gase said with conviction. “I feel like when we do put a staff together we’re all going to be able to help him get a little bit better.”

A few interesting take-a-ways...

I don't remember Joe Philbin ever saying he was going to work directly with Tannehill. To the contrary he denied any notion that he was any sort of QB guru right from the start. Turns out he was telling the truth.

Sounds like people in the front office filled Gase in on the back stabbing in the coaches office....or more likely the whining of Philbin...(paraphrasing) "I need Aaron Rodgers to make me look good and save my job".

Date: January 12, 2016 09:29AM

Date: January 12, 2016 09:44AM

Welcome back, BNF.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 12, 2016 11:25AM

BTW collegiate girls VB is pretty dang good in my book. And those young tight glutes look quite nice on the wide screen. But I digress. Yes, truth is -- the real Miami Dolphins have not been the same since they vacated the OB. I for one loved that place and the unsightly "edge" it had. Back in those days we had a dominant home field advantage and none of the transplants would dare travel deep into (hostile) enemy territory to root for their Jets or Bills or Cheats.

Now every NFL team is expected to produce a "corporate glamour theater" (i.e., stadium) equipped with every opulent comfort imaginable so the elites can network together while pretending to watch a game. Maybe it's just me but I'm just not into such a flagrant affirmation of everything that's wrong with our society starting with an income disparity beyond insanity. I mean the games themselves are just facades for a multi billion dollar advertising program. In the old days it would just be tacky to be so overtly money grubbing at every corner. But not for the NFL and the "oligarchs" that own teams. And sadly, it seems so many normal people really don't care -- all they want is the distraction of rooting for a "winning team." Not sure, but there seems to be something tribal about that -- and I don't believe it bodes well for our society at large.

Now I'm wondering who we'll pick #1 in the next draft.

Perhaps I'm just jaded and resigned to living as a pawn dominated by chess pieces like Ross and his greedy ilk? I'm sure he could care less what I think because he has more than sufficient resources to produce the reality he sees fit producing. The Miami Dolphins are his world. My only choice is to participate in it. Or not.

BNF.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 13, 2016 04:14PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Dan Campbell didn't fail, he had an impossible
> task and struggled but didn't fail. It was trial
> by fire for him. He'll land another job and do
> well. Expect him to become an NFL HC in the
> future.
>
> No Doubt. thumbs up Unless Gase gets us a Superbowl
> win, We will regret oarting with Dan Campbell.

Well it's now official - Dan Campbell is now the Saints TE's & assistant HC.

I must say that I'm angered. We know what he was like and I think he did a good job considering the hot mess he was handed. Now we have a HC who's never coached a game before, so WTF?

Date: January 13, 2016 04:35PM

I would love to have Dan Campbell as a HC.....in three or four more years....after he proves his worth developing a QB, running an entire offense, calling plays, etc. Not sure he could have assembled a complete staff in the NFL.

Beyond that....

The real question now becomes.....

Who ends up as a better HC? Hue Jackson or Adam Gase? Which one assembles a better coaching staff?

It's a good gauge considering the Dolphins did not even care to interview the guy.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 13, 2016 05:00PM

In all the years since Shula, with all the bonehead coach hirings (Wanny, Cameron, Philbin), I never remember a coach hiring that most of us weren't optimistic about. You can't even explain this away. This is a bad hiring...plain and simple. Unless this guy comes out and gets us to the playoffs next year, I think he's going to be DOA as a coach.

Date: January 13, 2016 05:07PM

montequi Wrote:
> In all the years since Shula, with all the
> bonehead coach hirings (Wanny, Cameron, Philbin),
> I never remember a coach hiring that most of us
> weren't optimistic about. You can't even explain
> this away. This is a bad hiring...plain and
> simple.

How so?

Unless this guy comes out and gets us to
> the playoffs next year, I think he's going to be
> DOA as a coach.

Why? (just curious as that was my initial reaction before I read up oh him)

Date: January 13, 2016 05:44PM

So what does Gase have in terms of experience that makes him THAT much of a better prospect than Campbell?????

Explain that to me again.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 13, 2016 05:50PM

Gase was an offensive coordinator for 3 years of 2 NFL teams, a position coach for more years before that, coached under Saban. Dan Cambpell has never been higher than a TE coach and coached under luminaries like Sproano and Philbin, for one team only (this dumpster fire). But yes Campbell did HC this team on an interim basis but admitted he delegated all play calling duties and game day things like challenges and TOs to his assistants, and he had a losing record and his team played like garbage in games like those against SD, the Bills, and Jets.
Basically, the fact that no one else wanted him as anything more than a TE coach is basically case closed.

Date: January 13, 2016 06:23PM

Sounds like the argument against Todd Bowles.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 14, 2016 02:27AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
> montequi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > In all the years since Shula, with all the
> > bonehead coach hirings (Wanny, Cameron,
> Philbin),
> > I never remember a coach hiring that most of us
> > weren't optimistic about. You can't even
> explain
> > this away. This is a bad hiring...plain and
> > simple.
>
> How so?
>
> Unless this guy comes out and gets us to
> > the playoffs next year, I think he's going to
> be
> > DOA as a coach.
>
> Why? (just curious as that was my initial reaction
> before I read up oh him)

I'm basing this on the comments and reaction on this board and elsewhere on the the internet. Fans are not happy. Gase is going to have an uphill battle to win over fans, and, likely, his own players. What makes you think a player like Suh will respect him and his decisions? With Campbell you had a level of familiarity. With Sparano you had Parcells propping him up. With Wanny you had JJ that, basically, appointed him. Now you have a guy with no rapport and no HC experience. That may work in highschool or a small college, but it doesn't work in the NFL.

Date: January 14, 2016 04:07AM

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: January 14, 2016 07:59AM

Joe - you just said everything I have been thinking. Thank you.

The more I read about Gase, the more I like him.

Date: January 14, 2016 08:22AM

I hope you guys are right.....But i also hope he dont turn out another joe philbin.

Its happened here way too many times.

Take your pick...

Ask yourself why its never worked with any coach ever since shula retired.

Its gotta be one of these....

1. Is it the coaches?

2. Is it the Players

3. Is it the owner.

It has to be one of these..

And if its the owner then nothing will be fixed doesnt matter who he hires.

IMO ross needs to quit in order for things to get better.

Sell the team to someone who cares about winning.....Not only about making money.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 14, 2016 09:24AM

"It's all water under the bridge" now. WYSWG--and that's a new "tryout" HC.

I spoke with Joe Rose recently, and posed the question."Are the Dolphins the NFL HC tryout franchise?" He simply looked at me and shook his head.

We fans will just have to wait and see how this saga turns out. I'm not optimistic at this point...not one bit.

Date: January 14, 2016 09:51AM

The odds favor us more, the more they screw it up. They have to eventually get lucky.

Like I said many times, I am more concerned about what Chris Grier can do and if Tannenbaum can keep his pointy nose out of personnel. That's 70% of the battle. We hit in that department and we just need a coach who won't screw it up. He doesn't have have to be a genius.

Date: January 14, 2016 10:08AM

I don't think that Ross is so much having his nose into picking personnel but his sin is not being extremely critical of the choices made by those below him. In short, while conducting that final interview as the owner, Ross pretty much accepts the recommendation of those below him if he likes the potential hiree on meeting him and who but an idiot would not be pleasing on first blush to such a person.

Date: January 15, 2016 05:42AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
> The odds favor us more, the more they screw it up.
> They have to eventually get lucky.
>
> Like I said many times, I am more concerned about
> what Chris Grier can do and if Tannenbaum can keep
> his pointy nose out of personnel. That's 70% of
> the battle. We hit in that department and we just
> need a coach who won't screw it up. He doesn't
> have have to be a genius.

Exactly Joe. Philbin was screwing things up , the most basic things like time management. Campbell in his first nod did well mistake wise. Made good game management decisions. That's why I didn't think he needed to replaced.plus, he has the players confidence. He doesn't need to be a genius is correct.

Tannebaum is the one concerning me the most. I'm so not happy with his joining of the team. I almost like the new logo more then him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 15, 2016 09:21AM

If you guys really think Campbell is going to be a good HC one day then leaving the Phins was the best thing that could have happened to him.

No he gets to work under Sean Payton. That's an upgrade to his resume.

Dan seems like a good guy. He said all the right things and had a magical 2 week run. Aside from that he was just as clueless as philbin but not as dopey looking.

Date: January 15, 2016 09:42AM

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.