HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Will Chris Grier replace Hickey?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Will Chris Grier replace Hickey?
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 02, 2016 10:30AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Will Chris Grier replace Hickey?
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 02, 2016 11:19AM

This could be the beginning of making the right moves. I don't mind a GM that has come thru the scouting department. He can pull in the guys that the scouting department has done solid background research on instead of someone the noninformed GM (Ireland = Dion Jordan) or the HC (Philbin = Egnew) has a hard on for. Grier has been the head of scouting the last 4 years and our last 4 drafts have produced some players.

Date: January 02, 2016 12:11PM

Dennis Hickey didn't do a bad job. Why was he fired? Because Ross wanted to make room for his butt buddy Tannenbum?

Horseshit. He ruined the Jets and now has his sights on us.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 02, 2016 03:01PM

Thinking on this TCP this may not be bad. Tannenbaum was not bad for the Sucks. Todd Bowles is winning w/ a cornerstone of players brought in by him. The LT LG and C are are Tannebaum aquisitions as well as the TE, Cumberland. 2/3 of the D -line, 3/4 of the lbs and both corners are his players. All the Jets needed was a solid HC. Sounds familiar? I disliked Tannenbaum because he was a former Jet but thinking twice he did bring in some solid players.

Tannenbaum Grier and a solid coach things could swing upwards. Especially if Grier is anything like his dad Bobby. His dad Bobby was the only NFL exec to show interest in Tom Brady.

Grier appears to be well qualified for the position.

Date: January 02, 2016 05:13PM

I have a bad feeling, and I always try to be positive. BUT Im drinking a fresh one from my new Kegorator and here's to you being right brother!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 02, 2016 10:46PM

The reason Hickey was fired is simple. Whomever the new coach is may not want to work with him. It really had nothing to do with whether or not he did a good job as our GM...and IMHO, he did.

They fired him to clear that hurdle for the prospective coaches to feel like they can bring in their guy and be comfortable about it.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 03, 2016 01:44AM

Giving tannenbaum credit for the current jets team is laughable. talk about grasping at straws.

tannenbaum will be canned within 3 years leaving us in cap hell.

Date: January 03, 2016 06:31AM

Its not grasping at straws its fact, the left side of the Oline and center are his picks. That's a very important piece of the O, Cumberland is a good TE. 7 of 11 defensive starters are his, that's the cornerstone of the Jets solid D.

Another fact the Jet's only had 2 losing season while he was GM, 1 500, season, 2 9-7 and 2 +10 win seasons, facts. I don't think Bowles is hating Tannebaum right now and he is have a good time now.

Look Im a phin fan and I know sometimes we have little to do but bitch and whine with the state of this franchise but with Tannenbaum and Grier Im taking a longer look and am willing to give this thing a chance if it happens.

Grier may be one of the guys that needs to be listened to who is getting a chance now.

Kegerator sounds good TCP keep it cold man and I hope you have a nice side order of some good home made hooch too. Well maybe you coppers do not go near that stuffsmileys with beer

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: January 03, 2016 06:56AM

You definitely won the optimist award this season Miz. Hope you are right. It's difficult to evaluate the pieces at the top at this point. I was so - so on Hickey. He got us a pair of good receivers but not much else.

Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: January 03, 2016 07:15AM

Unfortunately, I have zero confidence this is going to go well. I'm as optimistic as they come when it comes to the Dolphins, but they have shown me NOTHING that says they can make the right call... on anything!

The last good decision that was made in this organization was by Wayne H, when he sold this terd to Ross and got out before the wheels really fell off.

I'm sorry and I REALLY HOPE that I am wrong, but I have zero faith in Ross and Tannenbaum in setting the correct course for this franchise to return to greatness.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 03, 2016 09:40AM

tannenbaum has zero credentials to be making personnel decisions (he's a freaking cap guy) and gave sanchez the worlds dumbest contract extension and left the jets a dumpster fire they are only now beginning to climb out of. but yes I am thrilled he has total control now of the phins ???

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: January 03, 2016 03:23PM

Hickey has been a lame dunk since the hiring of Tannebaum that castrated his power as a GM. Grier was a desired commodity, there is good chance we were going to lose him if he wasnt promoted... So IMO that is all that happened.. Hickey has been gone for a while now.. They just made it official so Grier wasnt hired away this offseason...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 03, 2016 04:07PM

Hopefully Grier was a guy that has good talent eval skills and the previous GM just didn't listen and not just an internal person because nobody else wants the job

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 03, 2016 05:10PM

They fired the ONE guy I wanted to keep.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: January 06, 2016 10:58AM

Hickey was average in the draft and absolutely terrible in FA. Not good enough to retain the job, IMO.

The questions I have are....

1. Is Grier just a figurehead while Mikey drives this team into the ground behind the scenes? Will he have final say on the roster?

2. Why now after 16 years in Miami? He spent the past 9 as head of college scouting. He's been here since 2000....because our drafts have been so good?

3. Why is he better than Hickey? Why not two years ago instead of Hickey?

4. Was his advice just being ignored? Did he have better players on his board and Hickey/Mikey took other players?

Erik Stokes was and is the assistant GM, why not him if Grier was lower than him?

What about (Director, Player Personnel) Joe Schoen? He was also above Grier.

So other teams wanted him...so what? Other teams were fighting over Ray Farmer a few years back.

Why does (Director, Pro Personnel) Anthony Hunt still have a job after the fiasco in free agency?

All of these questions will be answered on the next episode of SOAP!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 06, 2016 12:29PM

I don't know about the other questions Joe but as far as why not two years ago instead of Hickey, just consider who we're dealing with...Ross.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: January 07, 2016 02:41AM

Exactly! Nothing makes sense. The guy must have Forest Gumped his way in the real estate world. NOW, he is reportedly pushing for Adam Gase!!!

Are you friggin kidding me?

So he had success with Peyton Manning? WOW....that's one hell of an accomplishment.

He is also being propped up for Jay Cutler's 3600/21/11 season? Cutler had a 4500/25/18 Pro Bowl year in 2008!

He is Joe Philbin 0.2 and the last guy I would consider for a rebuilding team. A 3rd year OC ??? Hell...JP had 5 years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.