HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Marino
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Marino
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 31, 2015 10:05AM

Does anyone know what Marino is doing for the Dolphins organization?

I've seen him, but have yet to hear of anything he has been doing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marino
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 31, 2015 11:35AM

His title is that of a special adviser.. I think he does some PR work, and an ambassador for the team. He also is involved in the football side, at practices and involved in team and position meetings..

At the Giants game, he was kneeling down next to Ross most of the game seemingly advising him and discussing the play of the team during the game. He seems to have Mr Ross's ear, and one of his advisors for sure on who to hire as coach. Basically during the game on one side of Ross was Tannenbaum on the other side was Marino... They were pretty much the only ones talking to Ross during the game...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 31, 2015 12:30PM

Collecting a paycheck?

Date: January 02, 2016 05:38AM

Hes part of the Ross "I like to have famous names " around me troop.

He hangs in the bar inside the tunnel and mixes drinks and if Ross orders it he will even throw you a pass as you drive by on the golf cart .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: KB ()
Date: January 03, 2016 09:18AM

Bash Dan all you want. He's been part of the South Florida community for over 30 years. He could have went elsewhere like Manning or Farve to run up stats. Instead he chose to retire a Phin. That Ross is listening to him makes me second guess my fear that he (Ross) is actually a closet Jets fan out to destroy the team.

Date: January 03, 2016 09:30AM

I agree KB, Marino isn't a do boy... I am thankful to have Marino around this team...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 03, 2016 09:43AM

of course i love marino for what he did for us as a player (he's the reason I became a huge fan as a boy) but there's nothing in his background that suggests he can run a team or make personnel decisions and he's proven that he has no interest in doing the work the job requires anyway. I was hoping he could at least convince ross of the obvious like you can't keep keeping around FO while dumping coach and vice versa but obviously not

Date: January 03, 2016 02:25PM

If you were watching the Pats game they showed him drinking a cocktail in the owners box up stairs. He probably got one for Ross.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 03, 2016 03:15PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you were watching the Pats game they showed him
> drinking a cocktail in the owners box up stairs.
> He probably got one for Ross.

It wasnt a cocktail it was a dip cup... You dont spit into a cocktail... Stop trying to insult one of the greatest legends to ever wear a Dolphins uniform.. I am not going to have any of that crap...

Nietzsche

Date: January 03, 2016 03:19PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> of course i love marino for what he did for us as
> a player (he's the reason I became a huge fan as a
> boy) but there's nothing in his background that
> suggests he can run a team or make personnel
> decisions and he's proven that he has no interest
> in doing the work the job requires anyway. I was
> hoping he could at least convince ross of the
> obvious like you can't keep keeping around FO
> while dumping coach and vice versa but obviously
> not

He is an advisor, he cant force Ross to do something he doesnt want to do... You are a lawyer, do you think a junior lawyer for the firm can convince the head partner to fire another named partner? Kind of absurd and highly unlikely right? That is the same thing as thinking Marino can convince Ross to fire Tannebaum....

Nietzsche

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 03, 2016 03:23PM

Than wtf is he there for if not to convince Ross, who is clueless about football, about football moves?

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 03, 2016 04:07PM

Desmond Howard?

Date: January 03, 2016 07:55PM

A dip cup? That's great after visiting his friend Jim Kelly in the hospital. eye rolling smiley I named my first born Daniel after him. I have a small shrine in my den to him.but he has done nothing to help improve this team in the last 2 yrs he has been upstairs.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 04, 2016 05:14AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> Than wtf is he there for if not to convince Ross,
> who is clueless about football, about football
> moves?

Yes but Tannenbaum is tight with Ross, Marino declaring Tannebaum should be fired would most likely just get him fired. Then he can have no impact at all... You have to pick your battles wisely and at this point that would not be a wise battle for Marino to pick... But I think Marino is becoming more and more involved from what I have seen just on his contact with Ross on game day.. It seems Marino is now in the inner circle, which he wasn't last year...

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2016 05:53AM by Crowder52.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 04, 2016 09:33AM

Marino is nothing more than a PR figure head learning the behind the scenes stuff.

I like him being a part of the franchise again and couldn't really care less what his role is and I hope he's making 7 figures to do it.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 04, 2016 01:12PM

Correct, Crowder.

Date: January 04, 2016 06:27PM

jsm08 Wrote:
> Marino is nothing more than a PR figure head
> learning the behind the scenes stuff.
>
> I like him being a part of the franchise again and
> couldn't really care less what his role is and I
> hope he's making 7 figures to do it.

Well then I guess I have to Tip my hat to Horse Jaw John Elway. He has done just a bit more for his franchise since he joined the ranks. I thought Marino had more pride then that. Glad your OK with underachieving. You probably want to Vote for Bernie Sanders too .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 04, 2016 07:05PM

ROTFALMFAO, Treasure....now, now, ........ at least Bernie "trumps" a lot of guys on the other team.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 05, 2016 12:59AM

How exactly is Marino underachieving if you don't know his job? And how does that make me a Bernie Sanders supporter?

You project a lot, fanboy.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 05, 2016 06:02AM

Marino cannot help this org managerial wise. He was offered a management position and walked away from it for a cozy broadcasting position which was his right to do so. Now that his broadcasting career is over he can help us out w/ PR which is what he does. Elway dedicated himself to management going thru the scouting department, training etc.

Date: January 05, 2016 10:07AM

Calm down, JSM.

Date: January 05, 2016 11:54AM

jsm08 Wrote:
> How exactly is Marino underachieving if you don't
> know his job? And how does that make me a Bernie
> Sanders supporter?
>
> You project a lot, fanboy.

The fact that after 2-3 yrs nobody knows his job says enough and proves my point.

As for Bernie. ......well , you were also a Philbin fan so I guess alot goes right over your head.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 05, 2016 01:08PM

Well, Treasure, I'll say one thing for JSM08. He never defended Philbin to the extent that "Gone Boy" (Phins5.0) got mad and defended Bellicheat when I attacked Bellicheat on this board.

Date: January 06, 2016 08:00AM

And believe me I LOVE Dan Marino. Like I said I named my first born Daniel. I met him and have a signed Helmet as my centerpiece of my Miami Dolphin collection. I dont trust any autographs I didn't see signed with my own eyes. (I'm still waiting to meet Zach one day)

However I am kind of disappointed with a guy of his stature being "given"a job for doing basically nothing but shake hands and play golf.

I really thought he would be more involved in some way. In the recruiting , getting us better players, working on team chemistry. Something /anything. He has a bunch of failed buisness as well. His restaurant went under a decade ago. His NASCAR bid lasted a season. (I have a model of his car)Maybe , he was fired from first HBO , then CBS, and I'm not afraid to say it...Maybe Dan Marino is just not that smart?

He's a fiery competitor , a great great Talent, but he hasn't shown me anything past football , Except for his charity work, I'd be so proud of. He seems to be living off his last name for 2 decades and its slim pickens for him now.

And if anyone here wants to flame me for speaking the truth as I see it , go right ahead. No one here loves the Miami Dolphins more and wants to see them succeed more.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 06, 2016 08:53AM

Please explain to me what you expected Marino to have done thus far? Fire Ross, fire Tannebaum, bring in a HOF coach? Make Tannehill the next coming of Joe Montana? IMO the guy has not really gotten involved with the football advising to Ross until Philbin got fired... What do you expect him to have done in that time period?

Instead you want to say he isnt smart and attack him? SMH..... In this circumstance, pertaining to this issues, that just might be the pot calling the kettle black with that type of shallow sighted analysis....

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2016 12:56PM by Crowder52.

Date: January 06, 2016 09:51AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 06, 2016 10:17AM

Marino needs to bring his magic wand to be able to do anything positive for this organization...

Nobody is going to do anything until ross sells the team.

Some people here are blind and it starts with TCPF.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 06, 2016 12:13PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Please explain to me what you expected Marino to
> have done thus far? Fire Ross, fire Tannebaum,
> bring in a HOF coach? Make Tannehill the next
> coming of Joe Montana? IMO the guy has not really
> gotten involved with the football advising to Ross
> until Philbin got fired... What do expect to him
> have done in that time period?
>
> Instead you want to say he isnt smart and attack
> him? SMH..... In this circumstance, pertaining to
> this issues, that just might be the pot calling
> the kettle black with that type of shallow sighted
> analysis....

That's the problem, Crowder. No one knows what Marino has or hasn't done as nothing is ever reported or no one sees or hears anything.

Most organizations it is reported as to what so-and-so is or has been doing and what their particular role with the team is.

We have heard nothing about Dan.

Date: January 06, 2016 12:24PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Marino needs to bring his magic wand to be able to
> do anything positive for this organization...
>
>
> Nobody is going to do anything until ross sells
> the team.
>
>
> Some people here are blind and it starts with
> TCPF.

Assuming that we don't just elevate Campbell, as you say SamSam, we are in the crapper as long as Ross owns the team.

Date: January 06, 2016 08:04PM

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.