HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          WIth A Top 5 Pick Do You Trade 17
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
WIth A Top 5 Pick Do You Trade 17
Posted by: CG ()
Date: December 29, 2015 09:57AM

With the tweets from Miko basically saying players do not have faith in 17, do you trade him? There is probably some truth to those statements as I believe there is a social circle between Grimes, Omar and some of the players feeding them internal info. If the team feels the team can't rally around the QB then you may have future issues. My concern is that you bring in a young QB then who will develop them since the last staff couldn't develop that position. Amazing there is such a leadership void that players are running to social media and beat writers that they can't talk like professionals and men. Fractured and fragile locker room going back to the "bullygate"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WIth A Top 5 Pick Do You Trade 17
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 29, 2015 10:16AM

CG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With the tweets from Miko basically saying players
> do not have faith in 17, do you trade him? There
> is probably some truth to those statements as I
> believe there is a social circle between Grimes,
> Omar and some of the players feeding them internal
> info. If the team feels the team can't rally
> around the QB then you may have future issues. My
> concern is that you bring in a young QB then who
> will develop them since the last staff couldn't
> develop that position. Amazing there is such a
> leadership void that players are running to social
> media and beat writers that they can't talk like
> professionals and men. Fractured and fragile
> locker room going back to the "bullygate"

To be honest, CG, I don't believe there are any players that are bad mouthing RT, and if there are, they are probably guys that are at the bottom of the totem pole. The veterans see what he has been going through and are amazed that he is able to get up and continue to start every game. They know that if they would play up to the level of professional football players, that RT would have much more success, which means the Fins would have much more success.

If anyone should be hammering anyone, it is RT.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: December 29, 2015 10:50AM

I don't think there would be many buyers with his enormous contract. Even if so, the asking price would not be met by anyone. My best idea is someone like the Texans gives a 2nd rounder.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 29, 2015 10:57AM

No way you trade Tannehill. No way you draft a quarterback in the first round. Total stupid move. But................You draft a "Brock Osweiler" in the third round or so and you try to look upon that person like Denver did, an insurance policy. I think that was what Matt Moore was to be but now he is getting old.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 29, 2015 12:13PM

we couldn't get more than a 4th rounder for RT at this point. No way do we trade him. Give him another year as starter (basically we have no choice) and draft a guy. Best case scenario one of the 2 comes through and we have a tradable asset. Right now RT is not a tradeable asset.

Date: December 29, 2015 12:28PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> we couldn't get more than a 4th rounder for RT at
> this point. No way do we trade him. Give him
> another year as starter (basically we have no
> choice) and draft a guy. Best case scenario one of
> the 2 comes through and we have a tradable asset.
> Right now RT is not a tradeable asset.

Berk, I disagree and at the same time, I agree.

I disagree that Miami could get no more than a 4th rounder. I believe Miami could get a 2nd rounder. The league puts more value on RT than do many of our posters.

I do agree that RT is not tradeable at this point. For the league, his salary is presently too high, but for the Fins, who would become the starter? Moore has already shown he can't do it (and is 1,000 years old) and a rookie QB (probably) won't be able to come in and start right away...AND DO A BETTER JOB THAN WHAT MIAMI PRESENTLY HAS.

Give RT another year (and some help) and draft another QB somewhere in the 3rd to 4th round. Best case is RT (and the team) improve and get to the playoffs and Miami has (hopefully) a good, young backup. If push comes to shove somewhere down the line, Miami can pull of a Bill Belichick move and trade our backup for a high draft choice.

Posted by: davdoldew4 ()
Date: December 29, 2015 02:30PM

A lot of folks on this site have a lot more knowledge of football then I do as I pale in comparison. That said, my opinion, their will be no buyers on Tannehill. He has big problems and you know the other 31 teams have a book on him. The Dolphins will have to eat his contract.

In a nutshell I say,

1. Tannehill is no way going to be traded with his big salary, no team will take him.

2. Tannehill just does not have the talent or the feel for the game. He freezes in real action time and that is a serious problem.
Add to that where is the fire to win at all costs. I don't see it.

3. Tannehill is a bust, no doubt in my mind. How many years does he get before folks look at him with an honest evaluation. I admire the fans on this site that keeps the fire warm for him, but do you really feel he is a help or rather a hindrance ?

It' s a shame to see this franchise sink so low and all the devoted fans get nothing but, maybe next year !!

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: December 29, 2015 04:41PM

No. I do what Ross should have done in 2010. FIRE EVERYBODY!

First he fired Sparano and keeps Ireland.

Then he fires Ireland and keeps Philbin.

Now he fires Philbins and will keep Tannenbaum.

Should have done a cold boot years ago.

Fire everybody and lure a real football guy who can lure a real HC and staff.

Keep Tannehill for one more year and draft a QB. That makes the most sense.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 29, 2015 05:41PM

what is so depressing about this team is we can all see the mistakes coming. we all knew it was a mistake to boot sporano and keep ireland to find a new coach. then keep philbin and dump ireland. now dump philbin and keep tannenbaum to find the new coach. tannebaum is horrible and we not going to find a coach worth a damn if we keep him. nevertheless ross is going to do it, despite the obvious error everyone but him knows, and we are doomed to another 3-4 years of misery before we start a new cycle.
I hate ross for ruining my team and even worse for not even giving hope for the future.

Date: December 30, 2015 04:58AM

The ONLY hope we have at this point is the fact that Tannenbaum has connections and ties to NFL coaches from his prior business.

IF he can sell this team on a new coach, it could come with the stipulation that the HC will have some say on who the next GM will be or how the relationship will be established. Same goes if he hires a GM who can hand pick his coach.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: December 30, 2015 05:30AM

Can we keep RT & Grimes & trade Grimes wife?

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 30, 2015 06:11PM

RT Grimes, Wake, Chris and Brice McCain, Misi, Taylor and Jennings, Cameron, all need to be gone

need to Draft Ronnie Stanley, Jalen Ramsey, Jaylon Smith or Su'a Cravens

Kevin Hogan in the 3rd of 4th

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 31, 2015 02:04AM

RT, Grimes, Wake and Cameron need to be retained. We can't get rid of them all until we have replacements.

No one on the defense can replace Grimes and Wake right now, Sure we should draft replacements for them but we can't boot them until the new guys start producing.

RT and Cameron are good players that again we simply can't replace.

The others are just bodies at this point.

Date: December 31, 2015 06:49AM

Cameron has a 9.5 mil cap hit this year with a 7.5 mil savings if cut and has produced under 400 yards and 2 TD's.

Wake has a 9.8 mil cap hit with 8.4 cap savings. He will be 34.5 years old before the season starts and is coming off an Achilles injury that may have him sidelined until week 8 of 2016. 34 year old players do not recover like 24 year olds.

Grimes is due 9.5 mil with almost 8 mil in savings.

We have to make cuts to get under the cap or make any FA moves.

I don't think we have the luxury of retaining these players considering the circumstances and the fact that we will be rebuilding yet, once again.

Wake is my favorite player but short of a restructure, he will probably not be back.

Grimes is not playing at the level he is being paid and will be 33 years old.

You either keep paying for unproductive, injured or aging players or you make the unpopular move so you can sign young players like Mathews, Vernon and Lamar Miller.

It's not a great situation.

Date: December 31, 2015 07:02AM

If you get your news from Miko Grimes twitter ,then you probably also believe that Omar Kelly is a great journalist and parts of the new stadium resemble giant penises. ..... good luck with that.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: December 31, 2015 05:11PM

Cameron Wake is going to be likely cut if does not restructure his deal. He is in the last year of his deal, so their is no future money that will accelerated against the cap. No one is going to pay a 34 year old DE coming off an achilles injury $8.3M/year. I would like to Miami resign him to an incentive ladened contract based on performance.

Grimes is a little tougher issue. I looked at his salary and his is paid $8M ($9.5M cap hit) in 2016 and $7M (8.5M cap hit) in 2017. He is our best CB by far and has great ball awareness which none of our other CB have, but he is no longer a shutdown corner. His overpaid, but I would be not surprised if he received a $6-7M/year contract offers on the free agent market. The cap is going up and so are salary at key positions. Grimes would be a great #2 corner. I ignore Mikko, I like Grimes as player despite his blabbering wife.

Date: January 01, 2016 06:47AM

I agree that Wake will most likely be released...just also realize that we can't replace him. If he comes back to his former self that is. The only hope we have on our roster is if Shelby steps up his game dramatically or if Jordan finally gets his act together and becomes the player his physical talent indicates that he could be provided he gets his head right.

Grimes should be retained because he is a good player and we simply have no one else in the secondary save, Jones. Agree also, that he should be open to a restructure...he won't be however.

Cameron should be retained but he really also should be open to a restructure based on his lack of stats this season.

The guys that should definitely be gone are Misi, Sheppard, Delmas, Fox, Jennings, Matt Moore, Jamar Taylor, Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner.

Date: January 01, 2016 07:27AM

Ken Wrote:
> Cameron should be retained but he really also
> should be open to a restructure based on his lack
> of stats this season.
>
> The guys that should definitely be gone are Misi,
> Sheppard, Delmas, Fox, Jennings, Matt Moore, Jamar
> Taylor, Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner.

Agreed with Cameron, he salary is out of line with his production.

Jennings should be cut, he is washed up. Miami would be better off with a rookie WR to develop than keeping him as 5th WR.

Matt Moore and Kelvin Sheppard are free agents.

Jason fox doesn't make that much money but he isn't even worth his 1.2M salary as backup.Jason was really bad this year.

Misi is alway injured and isn't worth the $4M cap hit. Miami needs to address the LB situation this offseason.

The other player mentioned are league minimum players and probably should be kept with the hope either they improved, provide back up depth or beaten out in training camp for a roster spot.

Date: January 01, 2016 07:35AM

My take on Vernon, Miller and Matthews.

Let Vernon go, he is going to command too much money, plus I am not sold on him, he has made some bone head penalties, plus I have a feeling he is liability in the run game.

Sign Miller if possible, RB aren't commanding big $ anymore. $4-5M/year deal might be enough to keep him.

Let Matthew test FA, if we get him for reasonable, than sign him, but we do have some young talent with reasonable salary's in our WR corp with Parker and Landry. Kenny Stills is around as well. We have some big contracts on our roster, that WR position is a place that we can save some money.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 01, 2016 10:47AM

Parker didn't do anything and Stills was a bust also. Pats would love us to let Matthews go.

When he went down we had little opposite Landry

Grime is our best with Rishad, but he lost a step and is too small and was a liability in red zone coverage, and too expensive

Date: January 01, 2016 11:15AM

Very hard to find a solid competent NFL QB. I never suggested Ryan was the next Marino or Tom Brady. However he is extremely competent , he avoids injuries, and can make plays when the "Team" gets it right.

Two ways this offseason can go. Our worst nightmare has been realized and the Miami Dolphins are at the bottom of the AFC east. Drastic changes need to be made , realistic changes need to be made to change this football clubs "culture".

I am a Ryan Tannehill fan, however I am a Miami Dolphins fan as well. If I thought his departure would help I'd be all over it.

Again 2 ways we can go. One way is to keep the hardest position to fill in the NFL and go with what we know we have and build a Team around him and finally support him with a competent Oline.

OR Completely strip this team and start from scratch. I only see this happening if it meant getting a really high power head coach who does not like Ryan and wants other options.

I can almost guarantee Ryan goes elsewhere and is extremely successful.(Texans would be my first choice). Good thing is he is signed until 2020 and we would control where he lands in a trade. (No Jets or Patriots).

Again, I don't see that happening unless we get a really high powered head coach who wants his own vision. Texans want to give up 2 first rounders anything is possible.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: January 01, 2016 02:55PM

Imaginary GM Toko would have traded Wake last year, would have dumped Philbin before this season began, would have beefed up the LB core, Youth movement would have been on season 2 ...oh well, no call from Ross yet, lol.

Date: January 02, 2016 05:24AM

I like it Toko, and Imaginary TCPF coach would have taken injured Brandon Albert as a sign and beefed up the Oline. I have to be honest , I had no Idea the defense would be this pathetic.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 02, 2016 11:50AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> I like it Toko, and Imaginary TCPF coach would
> have taken injured Brandon Albert as a sign and
> beefed up the Oline. I have to be honest , I had
> no Idea the defense would be this pathetic.

This defense was projected to tear up the league.

Suh, Wake, Vernon. On paper, the league would have a hard time matching them.

Oh, well.

Date: January 02, 2016 12:03PM

captkoi Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I like it Toko, and Imaginary TCPF coach would
> > have taken injured Brandon Albert as a sign and
> > beefed up the Oline. I have to be honest , I
> had
> > no Idea the defense would be this pathetic.
>
> **************************************************
> **
>
> This defense was projected to tear up the league.
>
> Suh, Wake, Vernon. On paper, the league would have
> a hard time matching them.
>
> Oh, well.

WTF happened? Wake was the only major injury. God damn I'm starting to think we are cursed

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 02, 2016 11:32PM

No one...would have predicted our defense to be as bad as it turned out to be.

We simply have to come up with quality day one starters at; OG x2, MLB, OLB x1, CB x1, S x1 and possibly a DE x 1. Thank God that we have Shelby if Wake and Vernon don't return.

Then we have to find a young and promising backup QB, and possibly another RB depending on what happens with Miller.

And to the OP, no I would not trade Tannehill.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2016 11:35PM by Ken.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 04, 2016 06:44AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.