HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Andrew Luck ruled out for Week 16
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Andrew Luck ruled out for Week 16
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 21, 2015 11:31AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Andrew Luck ruled out for Week 16
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 21, 2015 05:26PM

that sucks. now there is a chance we win and drop 10 spots in the draft pick rankings and have the idiot Ross think "we're close, just a few tweaks...."
we need to ride this season straight down the toilet. like when the canes lost 58-0 to clemson, that was the only way to get Golden out of there. It's going to take something similar here...

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: December 21, 2015 05:48PM

Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 22, 2015 04:49AM

It's hard to want your team to lose for ANY reason. I've thought the same thing but lets face facts. Even were we to get the #1 overall WHAT THE HELL MAKES YOU THINK THE CURRENT MERRY BAND OF IDIOTS IN CHARGE WOULD DO ANYTHING SMART WITH IT???

I'm advancing a new conspiracy theory, STEPHEN ROSS IS A CLOSET LIFELONG JETS FAN. He bought the team to destroy it and is ALMOST there. Ross bought half the team in 2008, from Parcells to Tannenbaum to APonte, Jet Rejects and their cronies have been stinking up Miami ever since. As well, since Ross took over as majority owner in Jan. 2009 we have NOT had a winning season.

Seriously though, even after the 62-7 beating, the Monday night meltdown or the 1-15 season, I can't remember feeling WORSE as a Dolphin fan. I guess part of the reason is there were high hopes preseason that THIS was the year we would FINALLY turn the corner.

Instead:

-We are about to finish our 7TH STRAIGHT SEASON without a winning record!

-The players we thought would be leaders and impact makers, fell apart.

-Win or lose our draft pick won't be high enough to help and it seems there are no studs at the impact positions this year anyway. That matters because the IDIOTS we have surely aren't going to find 'sleepers'

-Worst of ALL, Do you realize based on their upcoming schedule, injuries on key teams that could oppose them and 'assistance' from the officials that rivals any UNC or Duke basketball team I've ever seen, The Panthers COULD VERY WELL finally match our undefeated season and take that distinction from us.

All in All this is the WORST year as a Dolphin fan I can remember since the early 1970's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2015 04:51AM by KB.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 22, 2015 06:51AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Steven Ross is either a complete moron, or he is completely apathetic to winning or losing. There is no other explanation for putting your 1.3 billion dollar franchise in the hands of an incompetent buffoon who totally failed in his previous stint as a GM. Make no mistake, Tannenbaum will make the team worse next year (as hard as it is to believe that it could get worse). I've followed this team since I was 12 years old and next week will mark the first time that I will purposely miss the game. I can't stomach what I'm seeing on the field while knowing that the idiot owner is doing all he can to make things worse next year. I'd love the opportunity to tell him what he can do with Tannenbaum. I won't elaborate further other than to say it's anatomically impossible.

Date: December 22, 2015 07:35AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sam, you have some twisted ideas. Lose to win?
> That makes no sense at all. Also, the players are
> professionals, they want to win every week. Any
> pro football player worthy of the appellation
> "pro" would never lose on purpose. When the guy
> gets cut, who would want him?
> Go Dolphins!

The players want to win: I agree

But i want them to get a better draft pick and draft the best QB available.

Also its hard for me to root against them.

If we were still in the hunt i couldnt root against them but the season dont matter anymore.

We need to pick at least 4th or 5th in every round.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 22, 2015 09:19AM

I agree with SamSam but even he would agree that when it comes to the last game against New England, all other considerations go out the window.

Date: December 22, 2015 09:20AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> I agree with SamSam but even he would agree that
> when it comes to the last game against New
> England, all other considerations go out the
> window.

+ 10000000000000

Date: December 22, 2015 04:42PM

no way, I could care less if we beat the pats in a meaningless game. it wouldn't affect them in the slightest and it could drop us 10 spots in the draft.

Date: December 22, 2015 05:14PM

I feel your logic, berk but can't do it. Not many on this board could. Even with all I said in another thread about losing being the only logical thing to hope for.....except when it comes to the Pats.

Date: December 23, 2015 03:30AM

Berkley you mean you would pass up a beating of brady?

Blasphemy.

Date: December 23, 2015 05:31AM

can we knock brady around and still lose the game? I doubt NE even plays him the last meaningless game. get ready for a monster game from garrapolo. remember flutie's drop kick? that's how much they care about this last game of the year vs MIA when their 1 seed is locked up.

Date: December 23, 2015 06:24AM

Quote: can we knock brady around and still lose the game?

That would be perfect.

Date: December 23, 2015 10:43AM

You know, the NFL live ran a story today about Brady and how many times the Patsies pass and how the NFL is at long last beginning to realize that a vicious pass rush is the only way to keep him down. Given the situation as it is now, I wouldn't be surprised if he does not play at all in the last game against us with Bellicheat knowing that a division rival out of the playoffs would like nothing better than to cripple them in the last meaningless game of the season.

Date: December 23, 2015 11:55AM

well that "vicious pass rush" thing is the whole reason we paid Suh like he was a franchise QB. didn't really work out like that though....

Date: December 23, 2015 12:50PM

Date: December 23, 2015 04:50PM

that's because the people running this team are idiots. for the cost of suh (a space eating DT for god sakes) we could have had 3-4 well-paid starters. but ross and co are always looking to "win" the offseason with a splashy move that makes no sense

Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: December 24, 2015 08:14AM

Suh isn't the problem, the lack of talent everywhere else is the problem. Suh has consistently graded out as one of the top DT's since week four or so.

Now, there's a case to be made that no matter how well he's playing, there's no point in making that sort of investment in a DT. Even the best DT in the history of the world isn't worth it because it simply isn't a game changing position. Not without help, which is what we're seeing with Suh.

As far as losing to get better draft position - it always helps. It makes it so you can then have the CHANCE of drafting the best player, rather than not. In 2005, we had the #2 overall pick and selected Ronnie Brown. Ugh. But we could have drafted Vincent Jackson, Frank Gore, Logan Mankins, Roddy White, Demarcus Ware, or Justin Tuck.

In 2008, we had the #1 overall pick and selected Jake Long. But we could have drafted Brandon Flowers, Jordy Nelson, Matt Forte, Deshaun Jackson, Calias Campbell, Jamaal Charles. Not to mention the other two tackles which are better than Long in Clady & Albert, or the Qb's Ryan and Flacco.

For us, because we suck so badly, it's always a game of "which players could we have drafted instead". The better the draft position, the more players fall into the category of "DAMN! We could have had him instead!"

Personally, I think the draft is bullshit. I don't for one second believe in saying "Well, sure, we could have drafted him #1 overall but nobody thought he was that good, that's why he was drafted in the 2nd round or 3rd round..."

Anytime a Pro Bowl player or HOF player gets drafted outside of the first round, or isn't the first player selected at their position, it only means that our front office failed as much as every other team's. That's not a good standard, in my mind. This is a competition, we have to be BETTER than the other teams. I don't care if everybody thinks X Player is a 2nd or 3rd round pick. If he turns out to be an All Pro, then you don't look stupid drafting him in the first round, do you? Take your barbs from the Mel Kiper's of the world and then laugh as they perform on the field.

And, it's important to note, that while the focus is on our position in the 1st round - it's more than that. It's our position in EVERY round. Getting a Top five pick in the draft doesn't just net you one of the best players, it also essentially gives you TWO first round picks because typically the bottom 20 picks of the first and the top 10 picks (speaking generally, each draft is unique, of course), of the 2nd are all of equal talent.

Anyway, I'll take draft position and the chance to say "Should have drafted that other guy" instead of poorer draft position and saying "well, we didn't really have a chance to get him because he was gone before we selected"

Take a look at last year's draft. We wanted a WR, we got Parker. You don't think it would have helped to lose more games and be able to draft Cooper instead? Does anybody really believe that Parker will ever be as good as Cooper is going to be? Hell, I don't think Parker is ever going to be as good as Cooper is right now, as a rookie!

No, give me the draft position so we can draft Cooper instead of Parker. If we choose to draft Parker instead of Cooper, then I've got a clear idea of what is wrong. The front office sucks and our GM needs to be replaced. I'd rather have that situation than continually drafting in the middle of the pack, missing out on the obvious best players and never having the guts or courage to grab the players in the first round that turn out to be All Pros that were eventually drafted in the 2nd or later.

The higher the pick, we either get 1) Better chance to draft consensus top talent or 2) the ability for everybody to see how bad our talent evaluators are by passing over even more quality talent

I agree that there's no reason to believe this team will ever have quality talent evaluators to take advantage of higher picks, but that is something that is required for us to become a championship contender. And if you don't get the top picks to allow the GM to choose from the largest buffet of talent available, then you won't actually know how good the GM is or isn't.

Date: December 24, 2015 09:30AM

in 2005 you left out the most obvious one (none of the guys you mentioned would have made any sense at all at 2 overall anyway)----Aaron Rogers!!

Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: December 24, 2015 10:40AM

Date: December 24, 2015 11:39AM

And a great deal of Aaron Rodgers becoming in the pros what he was had to do with the team around him. AND he sat behind Brett Favre for a while. Had he come here............................?

Date: December 24, 2015 04:23PM

Phins5.0 Wrote:
> in 2005 you left out the most obvious one (none of
> the guys you mentioned would have made any sense
> at all at 2 overall anyway)----Aaron Rogers!!
>
> Huh? Not sure what you're talking about how none
> of them would have made sense at #2 overall. All
> Pros at DE, LB, WR, and HB all seem like they'd
> make sense at #2 overall.
>
> But you're right, don't know how I forgot about
> Aaron Rodgers. My memory must be bad. For some
> reason I never put together that relationship.
>
> But it actually only proves my point. "The
> League" and "draftniks" had Aaron Rodgers as a
> late first or second round pick. If we would have
> drafted him #2 overall, the Mel Kiper's of the
> world would have talked about how we over-drafted
> him.
>
> Yet... Isn't he worth that #2 overall pick now?
>
> We missed on so many players with that #2 overall
> pick, only because we had the CHANCE to miss on
> them because our record was poor enough to get the
> #2 overall pick.

except for ware who went mid- to late-first, none of those players were even 1st round picks. that's why it would have made no sense to draft any of them #2 overall. Rogers, on the other hand, was projected to go even #1 overall (not last first or second that's why his draft day slide to 24 was so legendary), so taking him at #2 made perfect since. Except we had a "need" at RB and took a Auburn's backup RB (Cadillac Williams was the starter) at the most interchangable position there is. If you want to point to the beginning of the true downward spiral we've been in since that time I think you can point to that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.