Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          A look at dolphins 2016, Schedule, Draft Etc. Tannehill is mediocre at best.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
A look at dolphins 2016, Schedule, Draft Etc. Tannehill is mediocre at best.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 02, 2015 07:15AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A look at dolphins 2016, Schedule, Draft Etc.
Date: December 07, 2015 05:57AM

After win this sunday drolphins drop from the # 6 pick to the 11th pick in the draft...

They cant even do that right...

Again we gonna win a couple more games and pick in the 20th range and miss out on drafting the top QB in the draft........

Reality check people......Tannehill is never going to be holding a lombardy trophy after a superbowl win.

He is mediocre at best.

Re: A look at dolphins 2016, Schedule, Draft Etc. Tannehill is mediocre at best.
Date: December 07, 2015 06:03AM

As of today.....:

1.Cleveland: 2-10 (.531 strength of schedule)
2. Tennessee: 3-9 (.495 SOS)
3. San Diego: 3-9 (.526 SOS)
4. Dallas: 3-8 (.532 SOS)
5. Jacksonville: 4-8 (.484 SOS)
6. Baltimore: 4-8 (.502 SOS)
7. New Orleans: 4-8 (.521 SOS)
8. San Francisco: 4-8 (.526 SOS - 3-7 in conference)
9. Detroit: 4-8 (.526 SOS - 3-5 in conference)
10. St. Louis: 4-8 (.529 SOS)
11. Miami Dolphins: 5-7 (.474 SOS)
12. New York Giants: 5-7 (.500 SOS)
13. Oakland: 5-7 (.510 SOS)
14. Philadelphia: 5-7 (.511 SOS)
15. Chicago: 5-7 (.529 SOS)

Re: A look at dolphins 2016, Schedule, Draft Etc. Tannehill is mediocre at best.
Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 07, 2015 10:04AM

Want to be depressed? Last 21 years of Dolphin 1st rd picks:

1995 (25) Billy Milner OL eye rolling smiley
1996 (20) Daryl Gardener DL
1997 (15) Yatil Green WR eye rolling smiley
1998 (29) John Avery RB eye rolling smiley
1999 No Pick
2000 No Pick
2001 (26) Jamar Fletcher DB
2002 No pick
2003 No pick
2004 (19) Vernon Carey OL
2005 (2) Ronnie Brown RB
2006 (16) Jason Allen DB
2007 (9) Ted Ginn, Jr. WR
2008 (1) Jake Long OL eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley
2009 (25) Vontae Davis DB
2010 (28) Jared Odrick DL
2011 (15) Mike Pouncey OL
2012 (8) Ryan Tannehill QB
2013 (3) Dion Jordan DE eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley (THe only reason he dosen't get 3 eye rolling smiley is because, well, at least he wasn't #1 OVERALL)
2014 (19) Ja'Wuan James OL
2015 (14) DeVante Parker WR

OL-29%
DL-18%
DB-18%
WR-18%
RB-11%
QB-6%

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 07, 2015 10:41AM

That's why I'm not against giving up a pick for Sean Payton.

The draft is a crapshoot, Payton is not.

Date: December 07, 2015 11:19AM

And the only qb pick we get in the last 20 years or so.....Stinks.

If we would had taken a qb in the last 10 years or 15 years we would had gotten a pro bowler..

Continue drafting qbs in the first round until you hit on one.

Date: December 07, 2015 11:21AM

It hasn't worked any other way.

And thats why we stink today.

Date: December 07, 2015 11:26AM

We took jake long instead of taking matt ryan.

GOOD CHOICE MIAMI.eye rolling smileysmiling bouncing smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

Posted by: OCphin ()
Date: December 07, 2015 04:51PM

I cringe every time I think we could of had Luke Keuchley and Russel Wilson...(cringe)

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 07, 2015 05:37PM

Jake was a pro bowler and "Matty ball" never did take hold.

Date: December 08, 2015 03:45AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jake was a pro bowler and "Matty ball" never did
> take hold.

Chren i would rather have had Matt Ryan than all the scrubs we've had since then.

Imagine how many times we would had made the playoffs.

Date: December 08, 2015 04:22AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Jake was a pro bowler

So was Mario Williams and Carson Palmer... Being a #1 pick sometimes does that.

> and "Matty ball" never did
> take hold.

Have to disagree there...Ryan has been in multiple pro bowls also...more importantly, the Falcons hadn't had a winning season in 3 years when he was drafted. In his first 5 seasons, they won the division twice and never finished lower than 2nd AND they went to the playoffs 4 times reaching the NFC championship in 2012. THAT is what a good QB can do for a fair to average team. As well, Ryan is the Falcons all time leader in almost any passing category you'd want to name. The Falcons have fallen on hard times the last couple of years, but Matt Ryans impact on the Falcons when he was drafted in undeniable. Not that he is Marino or Manning or Brady level but he is a top NFL QB and there is NO DOUBT in my mind he would have helped this team win more games the Jake flippin Long did.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 08, 2015 06:33AM

OCphin Wrote:
> I cringe every time I think we could of had Luke
> Keuchley and Russel Wilson...(cringe)

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. We could have had Drew Brees. We could have had Randy Moss. We could have had Aaron Rodgers. We could have had Tom Brady. And so on...

Date: December 08, 2015 08:10AM

Randy moss john avery randy moss john avery....OMG.

OUCH.....

I remember that day like it was today......when it was about the 10th pick i started thinking......randy moss is still on the board...

Then he started falling and falling...

I actually thought we were going to draft him and then we trade the freaking pick....

Jimmy sucked drafting offensive players.

Compare john avery to randy moss....from night to day.

Date: December 08, 2015 09:03AM

Not even TCPF is saying anything anymore.

I think he is turning to the darkside like us tannehill haters.

You have seen the light and realized he sucks TCPF?

Date: December 08, 2015 11:01AM

Date: December 08, 2015 11:11AM

Date: December 08, 2015 03:05PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Not even TCPF is saying anything anymore.
>
>
> I think he is turning to the darkside like us
> tannehill haters.
>
>
>
> You have seen the light and realized he sucks
> TCPF?

No. This is the holiday season and my busy season. People get very upset during this month and they are not even Dolphins fans.....

Ryan has room for improvement sure. But it's not on him.look at those other needs. OL ,CB,and MLB. You upgrade those positions and you upgrade Ryans play. It's that simple. 2 draft picks need to be Oline and you will have a well improved QB.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 08, 2015 05:12PM

Sorry, I have to agree with SamSam. It's time for every part of the team to be accountable for their own performance.

It's time to stop looking at various parts and saying the whole team would be better if other parts would do their part.

Yes, I saw some good things from Tanny in the last game and an improvement over past games. If he continues to get better than let's just draft a late round back up because Matt Moore can't last forever.

If he reverts to what he has been for the last three years, then we might want to look higher in the draft for a QB.

For those bringing up the money point, what can I say?

Ross was an idiot for cutting that big contract but that's an ole song we have all sung when it comes to almost every decision he has made.

Date: December 08, 2015 07:13PM

Nope. I think its the smartest thing Ross has done. Tanny doesnt sign here he goes to the Texans or maybe the Jets or a ton of other QB starved teams. Then what do we have? Mat Moore? Behind that Oline? The problem is they bet all that money on the defense and thought it would be shutdown instead of open front door. So......we are just getting killed . On top of that injuries to the Oline continue and they were horrible before that. We knew the Oline was a weak link when the season started but the coach thought it could survive under the good defensive play. NOPE. thumbs down So blame the horrible CB , MLB, and OL play on Tanny. Hell lets blame that stupid new Logo on him as well. After all they changed it as soon as he got here.........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 09, 2015 12:39AM

we had no business signing him to an extension this year. we had a 5th year option so he wasn't going anywhere. after that we could have slapped the franchise tag on him for year 6.

tannenbaum thinks that paying franchise type money for a qb actually makes him a franchise QB. He did it with Sanchez and made the same mistake here.

From the first half of the first game, after all the offseason hype, you could tell it was the same ole phins.

Fixing every problem on the defense won't change the fact that our offense is horrible. You can't expect the d to be on the field 40 minutes a game and not break eventually.

Date: December 09, 2015 03:46AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Yes, I saw some good things from Tanny in the last
> game and an improvement over past games. If he
> continues to get better than let's just draft a
> late round back up because Matt Moore can't last
> forever.

???? An 86 yard passing performance against the leagues 19th ranked pass defense is improvement???? Well...maybe so lol.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 09, 2015 03:52AM

It was the smart move to extend Tanne and the contract does not carry catastrophic dead money after 2016. I thought Tanne had cleared the hurdles and would breakout this year but has not. If one of those 3 top qb's falls to us in round 1 grab him to push Tanne to improve or push him out. Another qb I like is Indiana's Nate Sudfeld check him out on youtube or in the bowl game that IN is playing in. Started the season rated as a 6/7 rounder because he was coming off injury his jr year. Not sure what the experts rate him at now but I think rounds 3/4 may not be reaching for this guy.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: December 09, 2015 06:10AM

jsm08 Wrote:
> From the first half of the first game, after all
> the offseason hype, you could tell it was the same
> ole phins.

Yep...because every QB with ALL new starting WR's and TE tears it up out of the gate. It's a common practice for all QB's to go through that. LOL

>
> Fixing every problem on the defense won't change
> the fact that our offense is horrible. You can't
> expect the d to be on the field 40 minutes a game
> and not break eventually.

That theory may have been valid if the defense hadn't broken in week 1. The defense is on the field because the defense cannot get off the field. That's what happens when you can't stop the run. But it's never one issue....the offense AS A WHOLE was broken as well.

They gave up 121 yards to Alfred Morris in week 1. Such a great plan of attack to make your QB throw the ball 44 times and only run it 12. That's a winning formula alright. Luckily we squeaked out a win that week.

They let Allen Robinson loose for 155 yards and 2 TD's in week 2 when time of possession was equal and Tannehill threw for 356 yards and 2 TDs, 0 ints. 108 QB rating

You want to preach about "coaching matters" when it suits your argument for hiring Payton but then blame it all on Tannehill when you are trying to prove he is the worst QB in the NFL. Which is it? Coaching or Tannehill. Could it actually be MORE than one thing? hmmmmmm

Tannehill is still 11th in yards and 13th in TD's. Not elite by any means but a FAR CRY better than the defense.

The defense is 27th in yards allowed, 24th in points allowed and 30th in rushing yards allowed!

That's not too hard to figure out which is the bigger problem.

Oh yeah....the defense is bad because of Tannehill. I forgot. LOL

I guess it doesn't matter that we are 32nd in rushing attempts!!!! Because the passing game eats up more clock than the running game right? confused smiley WOW!!!!

Problem 1: No talent to stop the run.
Problem 2: Offensive coaching/refusal to run
Problem 3: everything else

Date: December 09, 2015 07:09AM

Date: December 09, 2015 11:07AM

Had we not signed Tannehill, the rest of the league would have snapped him up like a piece of gold lying out in the street????????????????

Some of you have transitioned from being just ardent supporters of the team to become so delusional that the mental institutions are looking at you.

So far, despite the few things that Tannehill does good on RARE occasions, he remains what his once most ARDENT supporter on this board, SamSam, calls him.........THE WET FIRECRACKER.

and no amount of pointing to the rest of the offense or pointing to the defense is an excuse.

Posted by: dgfred ()
Date: December 10, 2015 08:20AM

Defense is horrible.
Play calling is more than horrible.
Offense is weak and not threatening.
The rest is barely average.

Seems like a bad spot. Keep Tannehill for a complete overhall while on the look for a QB gem.

Date: December 11, 2015 07:28AM

Rishard Matthews and RT Ja'Wuan James are NOT playing Monday. Reported several days ago.

Date: December 11, 2015 07:35AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 11, 2015 08:45AM

We NEED a QB. With a young receiving trio like Matthews, Landry, and Parker, it's such a waste of talent without a real QB.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.