HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Vontae Davis
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Vontae Davis
Posted by: wayne ()
Date: April 25, 2009 01:52PM

Are we happy? definately a need

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vontae Davis
Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: April 25, 2009 01:55PM

I hate bad character, but if the Trifecta thinks he has the make-up then who am I to question the pick.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 25, 2009 02:23PM

it's not the bad character, it's that he didn't perform at a high levein in college how will he do it in the pros? the last guy with all the "tools" who wasn't a great college player that we took was jason allen--don't want another one!!!

Posted by: illinifan ()
Date: April 25, 2009 02:27PM

My son was a student manager at Illinois--Vontae is an amazing athlete--plenty tough--not a jerk---needed to be playing in a different defense--he will be a star for years imho

Posted by: realist ()
Date: April 25, 2009 02:41PM

I'm happy with the pick. He's a great athlete. He had a great sophmore season, which is evidence that he can produce in the right circumstances.

He was able to do it once, now he is older, better coaching. He should work opu quite well.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 25, 2009 02:46PM

This was a good point. The guys on NFL Network said that he'd have been a perfect pick for the Patriots, because of how they teach discipline, and don't put up with any nonsense. I would imagine that Sparano and Pasqualoni won't put up with any nonsense either, and that they will be hard on Davis from Day 1.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: April 25, 2009 02:52PM

As time passes I'll feel better about it. I mean, he was a steal at 25. It was both a need pick and talent pick. So why wouldn't I be happy? I guess because I'm not in favor of corners in the first round, and I loved Hakeem Nicks.

Well, there goes Robiskie in the draft. Just like I figured, they'll all be gone by 44, and they are right now. Now Barden and Juaquin Iglesias and a few others are what's left. Who knows, they probably won't even draft a receiver.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 25, 2009 02:57PM

we will feel better after our 2d--lots of talent is falling to us!!!

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: April 25, 2009 03:17PM

Hey, I hear he loves to blitz too, so he'll be a support for the defense even when he's not out there chasing randy moss.

Posted by: wayne ()
Date: April 25, 2009 04:12PM

Saw him run Joe McKnight down from 50 yds in the Rosebowl 2yr ago....nobody catches McKnight from behind. I like his skill set I just hope he grows up quickly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2009 06:37PM by wayne.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 25, 2009 04:41PM

Still, don't expect him to be starting next year. Rookie CBs almost never start. Hopefully he'll get a year under his belt at nickle or dime and be able to come in as a starter the following season.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 25, 2009 07:31PM

I expect Davis to be starting. A great athlete and a good hitter. Hopefully not the bust his brother has been.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 25, 2009 07:41PM

Total BOOM or BUST player. He will be a Pro Bowler or he will be a complete bust. Depends on how he keeps his head about him.

I see no middle ground with this guy. He will be a superstar or a nobody

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.