HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          FanDuel to be Banned? Seriously?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
FanDuel to be Banned? Seriously?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 26, 2015 10:16AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FanDuel to be Banned? Seriously?
Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: November 26, 2015 10:38AM

You're a bit late to the party.

It's not just NY, it's multiple states. I don't know enough about how these daily fantasy sites actually work to say if there's actually any skill involved. But I think the fact that it is specifically these daily fantasy sites and not full on fantasy leagues, indicates that there is something different going on.

Personally, I think people should be able to drink, gamble, screw, as much as they want with whoever they want as long as all parties involved agree.

On the other hand, I hope to hell that FanDuel and Draftkings are both deemed to be gambling because I can't stand their constant barrage of commercials and I'm pissed as hell that half of every pregame show is now dedicated to recommending who you should play on your fantasy team rather than talking about actual football.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 26, 2015 11:14AM

LOL, if we banned every endless barrage of commercials..............

Date: November 27, 2015 04:29AM

Here's the issue, they are concerned, and I have this on Good grounds from a Federal level law enforcement officer, that organized crime will get involved eventually and might even be able to influence the game. I think the NFL is probably behind it all but that's just an assumption on my part. NFL players are not exactly a uncoruptable bunch you know? Fan Duel just got too big too fast.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 27, 2015 05:45AM

They're unhappy that they're not getting a cut of the profits. That's the problem.

Date: November 27, 2015 05:53AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They're unhappy that they're not getting a cut of
> the profits. That's the problem.

Wouldn't be surprised. .......maybe the NFL is afraid they might be able to influence another team to win besides the Pats....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: November 27, 2015 07:31AM

Actually, it's the opposite. The NFL decided not to purchase stakes in FanDuel or DraftKings and instead allowed their "members" and "partners" to do so.

FanDuel is owned by Comcast, NBC Sports and the NBA. DraftKings is owned by MLB, NHL, the Patriots, ESPN and Fox.

This is hardly a case of "the little guys" muscling in on "the establishment". It's pretty much the exact opposite and it shows why every commercial break and every sports show is dominated by pushing fantasy related garbage. When you're watching a pregame show at the start talking about fantasy stats, all you are really doing is watching an advertisement for their products.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2015 07:35AM by Phins5.0.

Date: November 28, 2015 06:35AM

It is highly organized though correct?

Enough people bet or "pick" a certain player or outcome, it's not out of the question for a certain player to be swayed to help the outcome in a certain way. These players don't have the best morals and could easily throw a game.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 29, 2015 04:31AM

The problem is it's a serious money maker and the states want their cut. Yahoo has daily pay games but no one mentions them because they didn't spend 100mm on advertising.

No matter how annoying it may be with all the commercials it isn't gambling. You're not picking player a to be player b.

How many of you are in a traditional weekly fantasy league? Is that gambling?

Date: November 29, 2015 08:42AM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The problem is it's a serious money maker and the
> states want their cut. Yahoo has daily pay games
> but no one mentions them because they didn't spend
> 100mm on advertising.
>
> No matter how annoying it may be with all the
> commercials it isn't gambling. You're not picking
> player a to be player b.
>
> How many of you are in a traditional weekly
> fantasy league? Is that gambling?

I think your right to a point. Its more about control. And they are trying to cut it before it gets to big. ruins the integrity of the game as funny as that sounds.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.