HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Is it Lazor or Tannehill?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Is it Lazor or Tannehill?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 25, 2015 04:59AM

I remember a game against the colts....Home game....I was there....

4th quarter....We were up by 2 i believe....

We had the ball at our very own 30 yard line or so...

Marino throws an int pick 6.....Then they were up by 5...

about 2 minutes in the game.....

Dan goes to from his very own 20 to score a td and win the game...

I was at the game...

Those days you could almost feel it that we were coming back to win the game...

Thats what we were acustomed to....

From that to whats happening now is not very easy to digest.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 25, 2015 05:03AM

Or the shootout home game between dan and bledsoe.....I was there..

We won like 41 to 43 or so.....Shula against the fatass tuna who lefts us.

The good ol Days.

Bledsoe was outside signing autographs at end of game....

Who cares....

I wish it was dan who was signing autographs.

Date: November 25, 2015 09:15AM

That's your problem sam .I miss the 1980s also.you need to move on.

Also realize, Tanny is a 5 yr QB.He has never had a decent line.He gets a new panel of receivers every yr, a new coach and offense twice, two head coaches, give it a break until he gets just a little stability. That said it was the defense that lost this game.PERIOD. Fing PATHETIC. Especially with the amount of money invested in it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 25, 2015 09:46AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Capkoi......the word is disapointed...

I hear you Sam, and I am just as disappointed as you, if not more so, but it isn't disappointment in RT; its disappointment with the whole damn organization.

Continuous poor HC's and their staffs. Poor drafting. Poor play calling. Poor play on the field. Spending big bucks on players that have not come through. Just poor all around.

Again, RT is a good QB. Notice I didn't say a Marino, elite, franchise, etc. We have all just learned that RT is not allowed to (truly) audible. His line isn't giving him much time, which to me, one would think that Lazor would game plan around knowing the line can't do the job along with using RT's strengths. That hasn't happened.

Campbell has lit a fire under these guys. Result? Probably not gonna finish up any better than Philbin, possibly even worse. What does that tell ya?

Anyway, there is plenty of frustration to go around.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 25, 2015 12:27PM

How could you not be disappointed in Tannehill, Cap? He doesn't even have the confidence of most high school QBs. And now that we find out he is not allowed to audible....then that makes it worse.

If you guys got your way, we'll spend another four years upgrading the team (and mind you it's difficult because you improve the offense and then the defense needs improving) so that both offense and defense are perfect and then you'll scratch your head and say, "HEY!!! YOU KNOW WHAT WE JUST FOUND OUT????? NO MATTER WHAT WE DO TANNEHILL STILL SUCKS!!!!!"

As Gomer Pyle used to say, "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise."

Time to begin the process of moving on.

Date: November 25, 2015 12:53PM

Sucks? That way harsh Chyrene. He does not suck. I can name a dozen teams that would love to have a QB that sucks as much as Ryan Tannehill.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 25, 2015 02:03PM

No, Treasure. He does and there aren't (a dozen teams that is). I'll bet you if you break down Tanny good statistics, they all are when he runs the option.

The times he is good from the pocket are few and far between.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 26, 2015 08:55AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How could you not be disappointed in Tannehill,
> Cap? He doesn't even have the confidence of most
> high school QBs. And now that we find out he is
> not allowed to audible....then that makes it
> worse.
>
> If you guys got your way, we'll spend another four
> years upgrading the team (and mind you it's
> difficult because you improve the offense and then
> the defense needs improving) so that both offense
> and defense are perfect and then you'll scratch
> your head and say, "HEY!!! YOU KNOW WHAT WE JUST
> FOUND OUT????? NO MATTER WHAT WE DO TANNEHILL
> STILL SUCKS!!!!!"
>
> As Gomer Pyle used to say, "Surprise, Surprise,
> Surprise."
>
> Time to begin the process of moving on.

Chryen, I am disappointed in RT, but not as much as I am with the team AS A WHOLE, including the coaches.

Many posters here keep harping on RT. Well, OK, name a guy that Miami can get that can carry the Fins, ala Marino, with the team that Miami presently puts on the field.

RT is a tough SOB. Many other QBs would have already wilted and would be sitting on the sidelines. RT keeps getting up.

In my opinion, RT has had many more positive plays than negative ones. The rest of the team has to follow.

I've already said it many times on this board...if a really good (or better) QB is there for the taking, then Miami should grab him. If he can beat out RT, so be it.

But in the meantime, lets get the play calling straightened out and get RT some help (on both sides of the ball).

Once again I ask you guys...get off of RT and hammer away at the rest of the team (and coaches).

Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: November 26, 2015 09:13AM

There's no other single position on this team that can be upgraded to an All-Pro level that will result in the number of wins that upgrading the QB position to an All-Pro level would do.

This team wins 3-4 more games per year with an All-Pro QB, with the rest of the team as is.

Putting Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers on this team makes it a perennial playoff contender, moving our average record from 8 wins to 10 or so.

Putting Luke Kuechly or JJ Watt on this team might give us 1 or 2 more wins and keeps us right at 8 wins. Now, putting both Kuechly and Watt on this team would probably get us the extra 3-4 wins per year we need.

Is it easier or more likely to get Kueckly and Watt type players than it is to get an Aaron Rodgers type? I don't know, what seems more reasonable and more likely?

Date: November 26, 2015 09:52AM

Cap, if any one part of the team is deficient, it should be corrected. If we all agree that the defense needs to do better and the o line needs to do better, what sense does it make to protect the quarterback from replacing if that position is also deficient.

When he had his first year, we all said, "Hey, he's just a rookie. True Luck took his team from a horrible record the prior year to a playoff team his rookie year...true, RGIII tore up the league his first year...but let's cut Tanny a little slack."

Hey, we've been cutting him slack for three years now.

Yes, for the one millionth time, other parts of our team suck but that does not mean that Tannehill does not suck AS WELL.

Another way of looking at it is what would you say to someone who says...."Cut our defense some slack. If we replace the Quarterback and the offensive line, then our problems would be solved"

You'd say, "Hell no, the defense sucks and needs to be upgraded.

What is so SACRED ABOUT THE QUARTERBACK POSITION that it is IMMUNE from the same type of analysis.

With the exception of Drew Brees, I can't think of one quarterback who was bounced from one team and then came to dominate on another team.

So "Is it Lazor or Tannehill" should be answered, "It is the way Lazor continues to use Tannehill."

Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: November 26, 2015 10:31AM

I'd just like to mention that Brees led the Chargers to 11-4 and 9-7 before he was released and at that point, he was only released because when Brees win/loss record was 2-9 the season before the 11-4 season, they drafted Eli Manning and then traded him for Rivers.

Brees still kept Rivers on the bench with those 11-4 and 9-7 seasons, even playing under the franchise tag until the Chargers just couldn't afford to keep him around any more and pay Rivers to sit on the bench.

As far as other QB's, there's Carson Palmer and Kurt Warner. Both played great, then both bounced to multiple teams before finally landing in a spot and dominating again (coincidentally enough, both rebounded playing in ARZ).

But there's something to consider that all three QB's were suffering from injuries that made them available (Brees) or reduced their play so much that it made them available. So in order to try to replicate that feat, we'd be looking for a QB that performed at a very high level and hasn't been lately due to an injury.

It's a huge risk and I don't even see such a player available.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.