HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          This puts it all into perspective
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
This puts it all into perspective
Posted by: sickofit ()
Date: November 10, 2015 02:16PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This puts it all into perspective
Posted by: Damn-U-Kong-93 ()
Date: November 10, 2015 10:46PM

Somebody, somewhere cleaned-up on fantasy points. I guess? Don't know anything about fantasy football other than the name. I think that says it all!!

KNick637

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 12, 2015 05:11AM

I'm not normally a fan of Armando's writing, but that article is an exception. He really captured the essence of what it's been to be a Dolphins fan in the last two decades. As ridiculous as it is for me to let a game affect me so much, I honestly can't help it. Watching this team sleep walk through another lost season is painful. What's even worse is that there's really nothing I can point to as hope that things will get better. Next year we'll get a new coach, but he'll be selected by the same inept front office that's been in charge of this train wreck of a franchise and gotten us to where we are today. Honestly, the players and coaches of this team shouldn't even be allowed to call themselves Miami Dolphins. That privilege should be limited to players and coaches like Shula, Arnsparger,Griese, Csonka, and Marino, I'm glad they did change the logo of the team. No sense in allowing the current cadre of impostors to further soil the proud tradition that was once this team.

Date: November 12, 2015 06:31AM

Agree with you to a word. With that lost hope, does it not turn your attention to other solutions, or other reasons for collapse??

Look at a map of this league!! 100 teams in 50 SBs. The south is dominated by the SEC. Let me restart. These are BUSINESSES focused on making money!! ALL YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW when you look at a map of the teams!!!

Forget everything you know about Football. The SEC is powerful enough to make demands, not kowtow to the NFL. What made Saban leave, & prevents anyone else from coming?? Saban's wife?? C'mon! Blow this theory off all you want. Until I see a dynasty, other than America's team(that got stomped on when Texas A&M & Mizzou came to the SEC; LSU already had a grip), or a better than mediocre team year-in, year-out, I'll believe that the Northeast controls what happens in the NFL!!

Does the military money give you an idea of how the NFL works???

KNick637

Date: November 12, 2015 08:07AM

So so sad. I was 7yrs old and my dad was 39 when the Fins won their last championship. Now I'll be 50 next season and my dad will be 82. sad smiley
I really have doubts about watching 3 generations enjoy a Dolphins world championship with my dad, myself , and my boys. It's sickening to not at least make the playoffs again.

And change the Fuckin Logo back already!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 12, 2015 09:32AM

Sadly, I doubt that things will improve and will likely even worsen with Tannenbaum calling the shots. It used to be the jets always making the idiotic hires. Now we're hiring the jets rejects. What's next? Rich Kotite as head coach? When you think about the people that have been in charge around here-- Wannstedt, Spielman, Cameron, Mueller, Saban, Ireland, and now Tannenbaum, is it any wonder that this team stinks? If someone ever wanted a model on how not to build a championship franchise, they could just look at what Huzienga and Ross have done in Miami. They've gone from the undefeated season to the no rhyme or reason. Thanks Ross, for destroying the team I grew up cheering for. But at least you were able to give your buddy a job, so I guess I can take solace in that.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 12, 2015 09:42AM

Fins72wrote: But at least you were able to give your buddy a job, so I guess I can take solace in that.

You can take solace in that?

What good does that do us?

The hell with his buddy.

Date: November 12, 2015 11:03AM

Sam, I was being sarcastic. I don't give a rat's ass about Ross or his friends. Hiring friends is a sure way to lose in pro sports. Shula refused to fire his friend Tom "the Human Albatross" Olivadotti and he wasted Dan Marino's talents by making him have to score 60 points to win each week. Jimmy Johnson stuck us with his friend Dave Wannstedt and we drafted such luminaries as Eddie F***ing Moore and Jamar "Toasted" Fletcher while passing on players like Drew Brees and Anquan Boldin. Parcells stuck us with his protege/friend Jeff Ireland and we all know those scintillating results. Now, Ross has stuck us with his buddy Tannenbaum whose signature move was to move up to draft the Sanchize and then when all of NY wanted him gone, signed him to a big money extension. Ross either is a complete imbecile or he doesn't give a crap about winning. I have no idea which one it is and at this point I couldn't care less.

Date: November 12, 2015 11:07AM

I definetely feel your pain fins72.................The pain of us all....The pain of been a dolphin fan in the 20th century.

Date: November 12, 2015 11:13AM

The dolphins organization has turned from bad to worse.

Like sickofit said.....Until ross dies.

Date: November 12, 2015 11:29AM

I think Dallas Thomas is symbolic of how this team is run. He's stunk to high heaven since he was drafted. Everyone knows that he stinks and this past off season, the geniuses running this franchise figured, "Hey, we don't need to sign a free agent guard or use a high draft pick. We got Dallas Thomas! Sure, he's been a human turnstile since he got here, but we're betting the 2015 season that he'll be a solid starter from here on out." I just wonder how many whiffs does he need to have before they realize that you'd be no worse off putting an arthritic 80 year old woman in his place.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: November 12, 2015 01:32PM

I knew we were in trouble at the start when Ross discussed the rebuilding of this franchise with his pal Carl Peterson. It's even worse now with the installation of Tannenbaum. I'd interject with something to be hopeful about, but my "cheer up" gun is out of bullets. Only thing to do is vote with your wallet and hope that Ross sells this team to a more competent owner.

Posted by: Flipperlord ()
Date: November 12, 2015 08:02PM

I just re-read the story of how the '85 Dolphins stopped the '85 Bears on their quest for the undefeated season.

Miami was the last line of defense of the '72 Team.

They did it. Took a stand and stopped the monster.

Can the 2015 Dolphins do the same in Week 17 when they face an undefeated Patriots team (don't kid yourselves..PATS won't lose a game up to week 17?

I don't think so.

Then the PATS will march through the playoffs and take the last thing Dolphin fans hold most dear.....the '72 Season...and we had two chances to stop them....and failed..just like we did in '07. Only this time, there is no Giants squad to save us when we can't save ourselves....The Giants have their own problems and will lose to the Pats this Sunday...

After the undefeated season goes to the despicable Patriots, then we will have finally hit bottom...

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 12, 2015 08:19PM

I remember it, Flipperlord, a Patriot receiver had the winning catch in his hand when a Giant grabbed that arm and the pass fell to the ground.

Date: November 15, 2015 08:59AM

How do you go about getting an owner to sell, give up his position?

Start a petition with as many signatures as possible!! If you can digitally sign on your PC, we could get a hell of a list!!! Who's up for it??

Y'all love FB as much as me, been cheering for the Dolphins for 30 years. You gonna give all that up?? We can do something about it!! It's worth a try!!!

KNick637

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: November 15, 2015 09:06AM

Ross don't care and wont listen.. He doesn't live in Miami area, so he doesn't hear us fans down here.. The only way to get him to sell is put his favorite team on the market (Jets) so he can buy them and destroy them ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.