HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Get up off the mat Dolphins fans.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Get up off the mat Dolphins fans.
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: November 05, 2015 04:10PM

The season is not over yet.
Although I too was disappointed by the Patsies/Phins game, there are a few facts to consider.

1. It was a very short week to prepare against a solidified super bowl champ.

2. Our rookie coach is a good one who lost by a bunch, but to put things in perspective: Belichick suffered a similar 31-0 massacre to the rival Bills back in the early years when he began his tenure with the patsies. They went on to win the SB that season.

3. The remaining schedule is not as strong as we had imagined.

at Bills (winnable! The Dolphins are rested and angry)
at Eagles (winnable, the Eagles are mediocre this season)
vs. Cowboys (Boys' arent so mannish without Romo)
at Jests (winnable-anger/revenge)
vs. Ravens (winnable- Ravens aren't close to what they were.)
vs. Giants (winnable- NFC East is so up and down)
at Chargers (difficult in SD, but Chargers aren't that great)
vs. Colts (this game will determine how far the phins are)
vs. Pats. (they'll probably have 2nd stringers in)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Get up off the mat Dolphins fans.
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 06, 2015 01:45AM

I think everyone of those teams fans, when looking at their schedule, are counting the phins as a W too.

I see losses at Buff and NY, Dallas and Ravens.

Until we get a legit staff with actual NFL experience and a modicum of success we'll be mired in mediocrity.

Unfortunately I see who is in charge and fully expect to have Eric Mangini as our HC next year.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 06, 2015 02:24AM

I'm with toko. While I doubt we'll go undefeated from her on out, I think we'll be in the wildcard race towards the end.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 06, 2015 04:10AM

Except for NE, Cincy and, Denver, the AFC is pretty unimpressive. Both the wildcard slots are still very much in play.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 06, 2015 05:34AM

Wish i could be as positive as you all.

Date: November 06, 2015 10:13AM

Juwann james is out for the game against the bills.

So i guess we will struggle on the Oline with the scrub they put in in his place.

The phins better have a good plan in place and have tannehill get rid of the ball quick.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 06, 2015 10:40AM

Date: November 06, 2015 10:47AM

The phins are trying to win a game....the playoffs are distant.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: November 06, 2015 06:50PM

Unpredictable and inconsistent= Miami Dolphins

This has been the last 10 years.....YAWN winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2015 06:50PM by chatafkup.

Date: November 06, 2015 07:08PM

I'd feel a little better if Wake and James were healthy. But......somehow no matter who New England loses they always seem to find others to step up consistently. THats our BIGGEST problem. And I believe thats because the coaches we have had since J.J and Shula were not good motivators. They were good X's and O's guys. I really like what I've seen from Dan Campbell. He's got me motivated and running again!! I feel like we have a shot. Its not Hopeless at all. Good thread toko!!thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: November 07, 2015 02:59AM

I can't stand negative people. If all you have to say is how you think its all a lost cause, I really don't see why you bother to watch the team, much less post on a fan forum.

Anyway, just a note about the cowboys game. Room is scheduled to return that game. Indy isn't very good so I don't see how that game shows us much. And the giants have the worst ypg defense in the league so it should be a win.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 07, 2015 10:29AM

FootballGod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't stand negative people. If all you have to
> say is how you think its all a lost cause, I
> really don't see why you bother to watch the team,
> much less post on a fan forum.
>
> Anyway, just a note about the cowboys game. Room
> is scheduled to return that game. Indy isn't very
> good so I don't see how that game shows us much.
> And the giants have the worst ypg defense in the
> league so it should be a win.

Not sure how long you have been following the Dolphins, FootballGod, but I have been with them forever. I have seen it all, but am not pleased with what they have been doing for the past ten years or so.

I don't think anyone on this board is saying the season is lost, but for us to have a lot of hope....why? Why would we have hope when it is the same old, same old? Sure, Campbell is now the man and it seems as though he has this team playing with fire (despite the Pats game), but for those of us who have been around a long time, we have nothing to pin our hats on.

Quite a few people on this board were saying this is the year of the Dolphins...just look at who is on the team. Much, much talent. Well, where are the Fins as far as the standings? Pretty much the same place they were last year.

None of us know if Campbell will be the guy or Ross will have to start his search (again). This game against Buffalo COULD tell us where the Fins are. We just have to wait and see.

As far as the rest of the schedule...no game is a certain win for Miami...they just aren't good enough for us to say that (at this point in time). As someone else posted, the teams on the schedule see Miami as a sure W.

Now, you see some posters on here as "negative people," where I see them (including myself) as fans who have been with this team a long time, waiting for them to be relevant once again, and constantly failing. I feel sorry for the season ticket holders who have put out all that money to see a poor product on the field.

I "bother to watch this team" because I am a true fan...been with them since their birth. I will never abandon them, but will they abandom me?

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 07, 2015 01:22PM

I'm nowhere near being enthusiastic about this game tomorrow or my hopes for the team this season for that matter. Too much wind out of my sails. Last week Wednesday I was pumped...today I am flat on my face.

This roller coaster ride is getting old. I mean REALLY old. I've put myself in detached mode once again...It's seemingly endless - If there's a win, good. If there's a loss, so be it. The same ups and downs year after year is taking it's toll. I'd love to come on this board and share positive thoughts on every occasion, but I just can't do it.

@ Treasure - You've touched exactly what eats at me. Other teams plugging in replacement players and stepping up without missing a beat. We continuously get our asses handed to us by teams who are after us in the draft order, and there's one team in particular that stands out and we all know who they are. Seems to me that talent evaluation by them is highly superior to ours and I totally admit that I'm extremely jealous of that.

@ FootballGod - I'm sorry for the Eeyore mindset today, but I'd be a total bullshitter if I were always in a rah-rah cheerleader mood. Been posting here for seven years but a Dolphins fan for much longer, and my mood is pretty much dictated by how they perform - not just as a team, but as a total organization too. With that said, I think I've earned my right to piss & moan, bitch, and vent. I think everyone here has earned that. I have stuck with this team through thick and thin, through all of the ups and downs. I want them to win, and when they lose I don't bandwagon to another team. I can care less if someone here wants to throw Tanny or any other player, coach, or GM to the curb because I respect how everyone here feels. We've all been up & down and I'd gladly hoist a beer with any fan here regardless of their frustration or happiness. That said, cheers!!! smileys with beer

@ cap - Great post, I feel every bit of it!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 08, 2015 12:03PM

been way too long with totally incompetent administration and coaching since Shula left

Don't expect as QB that had like 18 college games to become a franchise QB

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.