HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Omar Kelly Part II
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Omar Kelly Part II
Date: October 30, 2015 02:12PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Omar Kelly Part II
Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 30, 2015 03:29PM

Why read him then? I'm not clicking on that link.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: October 30, 2015 06:01PM

Omar and Armando are wanna be journalists that love controversy and seem to hate the Dolphins sometimes. Fk 'em both thumbs down

Date: October 30, 2015 06:34PM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why read him then? I'm not clicking on that link.

Because the link in the newswire said , Sun Sentinel David Hyde. I clicked it and its Dave discussing the loss with dickhead on the field with the biggest smile loving the loss. How does this POS still get credentials to get on the field? Ross should ban him.......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: October 31, 2015 03:12AM

He (OK) is a dick! But let's be honest...Tannehill did not play well Thursday and deserves to be criticized.
As I said many times before, Kelly will always see the situation from a glass half full perspective.
What I don't like about him as a journalist, is that they are supposed to simply "report" with an unbiased perspective.
Kelly throws his 2 cents in,,,and knows nothing about football. He has no clue what he is talking about. He talks as if he played the game before...and he never even played football.
And yes...he gives the impression of "enjoying" when the dolphins perform poorly!

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 31, 2015 03:19AM

I watched the game with a big name national reporter on Thursday night who also reports on Dolphins at times.. He told me Omar is looked at by everyone in the business as a joke, nobody in the business takes him serious.. And he basically makes peanuts to do what he does. That is why he has a job he works for next to nothing... The sunsentinel is a dieing rag which is broke... So I wouldn't worry about Omar too much, he probably gets his largest readership from his dismal paper when you share his crap stories.. The paper's viewership is so low, with out people posting his links elsewhere the reach of his writings are next to nothing...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: October 31, 2015 05:41AM

I really don't go to the media for opinions on the dolphins. Locally and nationally we are pretty much ignored and hated so aside from news of trades, injuries, etc. I form my opinions from game tape and consoder the media a bunch of haters.

Date: October 31, 2015 10:58AM

steviec13 Wrote:
> He (OK) is a dick! But let's be honest...Tannehill
> did not play well Thursday and deserves to be
> criticized.
> As I said many times before, Kelly will always see
> the situation from a glass half full perspective.
> What I don't like about him as a journalist, is
> that they are supposed to simply "report" with an
> unbiased perspective.
> Kelly throws his 2 cents in,,,and knows nothing
> about football. He has no clue what he is talking
> about. He talks as if he played the game
> before...and he never even played football.
> And yes...he gives the impression of "enjoying"
> when the dolphins perform poorly!

Tannehill did not play well. There are a million things to discuss about how the Dolphins need to improve and what they did wrong. My point is LOOK at Omars face as Dave states how Tannehill played. The man is "Glowing!" he loves it. Its one thing to show no emotion like Tannehill and Philbin , But this guy clearly loves that Tannehill and the Dolphins did poorly. It made his week. I cant see how he is even allowed onto the field........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 01, 2015 02:13AM

Hyde and Kelly enjoyed each others comments about the Dolphins way too much. They were both giddy like little girls at a Friday night sleep over.

Kelly, for sure basked in the loss and the fact that Tannehill played so poorly. He tried to temper that with advancing the brilliance and skill of Brady and his coach (who shall remain nameless by me).

Omar gloats over Dolphins losses. He is not reporting but is paid to offer his biased opinion.

Now that we all know where this guy is coming from we can put him on the back burner of Dolphins coverage and ignore his commentary.

He should move to Boston so he can kiss up to the Patriots every day.

Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: November 01, 2015 03:50AM

Someone with the money to blow should start a fire Omar Kelly webpage.

Date: November 01, 2015 05:52AM

Date: November 01, 2015 09:18AM

Lol! Thanks Crowder, that was entertaining on a boring Dolphinless Sunday!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: sickofit ()
Date: November 03, 2015 05:41AM

Both Omar Kelly and Armando Salguero are Miami natives and LIFELONG Dolphins fans. It's one thing to disagree with their opinions. But they do not enjoy Dolphins' failures any more than we do. Their commentaries are colored with decades of sheer misery, frustration, disappointment and exasperation at the failures of this team. As are many of the comments we make as well.

As a LIFELONG Dolphins fan as well. I do not want the media to publish only rosy colored rah-rah propaganda. I want the media to hold Steve Ross accountable and to subject the entire team to very strong and painful analysis and pressure.

That is what Armando and Omar are trying to do.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2015 05:51AM by sickofit.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 03, 2015 07:11AM

Sick of it is Sick of it and right on what he is saying.

All they are saying is we stink. Which is true.

Date: November 03, 2015 07:52AM

Bullshit. You have commentators that are not attached to the Phins in any way that don't speak with an obvious Glee after a loss like that. I've seen even Boomer Easion who is a life long Jet Fan speak with more class and look less happy about the Dolphins misgivings.

Omar is enjoying himself and the look on his face and his Body language can not be taken any other way then pure glee about Ryan Tannehill's bad outing and the Dolphins loss. No fan or member of the Dolphins family is that happy after such a heartbreaker. He's lovin it. Its obvious.

FU OMAR. May you eat at a bad Mexican buffet and then get a sneeze attack. Repeatedly.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: sickofit ()
Date: November 03, 2015 08:49AM

I can be really effing gleeful after a bad Dolphins loss. The "glee" is actually sarcastic delirium. In the same way when something really really bad happens, some people laugh. From nervousness or shock or "this is so effing bad all I can do is laugh about this effing piece of eff team."

I totally understand where Salguero/Kelly are coming from. Kelly has been especially disgusted by the rush to pay and annoint Tannehill as the second coming of Dan Marino when he clearly doesn't deserve the hype or the money.

I think we are all just so effing tired of caring so deeply for this team, and being so deeply disappointed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2015 08:52AM by sickofit.

Date: November 03, 2015 08:59AM

Nope....>He can say it however he wants.....Nobody can tell you how to talk......He is tired of the same shit every year.

I bet you he wouldnt be talking like that if the phins were good.

He is just frustrated like most of the phin fans.

Date: November 03, 2015 09:19AM

Sorry. OMAR is that special kind of wanna be asshole. He has nothing so he predicts doom and gloom and then tries to say I told you so! Think about his commentary had they won. I don't see him h as lf as excited and gitty, either nothing really to say.

Sorry, but when Jim Mandrich covered the phins, he only got excited when they won. I never heard....ALL RIGHT MIAMI!after a loss to the Pats.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 03, 2015 10:30AM

There is a way to do things with integrity and a way to be a weasel about things. Omar takes the weasel route... There is a reason he gets zero respect from his peers. And gets very very little respect from members of the team and organization. Omar has an agenda and tells his stories to fit that agenda regardless of truth.. Some respected media people told me some really bad things about him and that he has done. I am not going to divulge them here since I respect the people that told me. But it is fair to say Omar is a total douchebag... As bad as you guys think it is, it is ten times worse...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: November 03, 2015 10:39AM

Not saying he isnt a D!CKHEAD.......But most of what he says is true.

Date: November 03, 2015 11:07AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Not saying he isnt a D!CKHEAD.......But most of
> what he says is true.

I'm not saying it is or isn't. But if your a Dolphins fan your not happy as he appears to be reporting a terrible night for Ryan Tannehill or the Dolphins. Look at that Video. He couldn't have been happier visiting his favorite Gloryhole in some park somewhere..........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 03, 2015 06:39PM

sickofit Wrote:
> Both Omar Kelly and Armando Salguero are Miami
> natives and LIFELONG Dolphins fans.

DISAGREE.

I disagree about Salguero. A few years ago he was BUSTED by being seen in a bar high fiving another Hater when we got knocked out of the playoffs one year. It was documented on another message board at the time, and then-owner Wayne H. showed Salguero's Dolphin-hating ass to the world by calling him out on it, during a press conference shortly after it happened.

*EDITED* to correct some details.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2015 06:52PM by JC.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 04, 2015 02:31AM

JC Wrote:
> sickofit Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Both Omar Kelly and Armando Salguero are Miami
> > natives and LIFELONG Dolphins fans.
>
> DISAGREE.
>
> I disagree about Salguero. A few years ago he was
> BUSTED by being seen in a bar high fiving another
> Hater when we got knocked out of the playoffs one
> year. It was documented on another message board
> at the time, and then-owner Wayne H. showed
> Salguero's Dolphin-hating ass to the world by
> calling him out on it, during a press conference
> shortly after it happened.
>
> *EDITED* to correct some details.

I hate Salguero. Kelly I have not read in years. He is like Rush Limbaugh he has an agenda that is going to profit himself at very little expense, words. People say they don't like Rush then don't listen to him. You don't like Kelly don't read him. All you do when you whine and complain about him is build his reputation. Without the mass negative attention he generates he is a nobody.

Date: November 04, 2015 03:58AM

JC Wrote:
> sickofit Wrote:
> -----
>
> DISAGREE.
>
>

Maybe he betted against the dolphins. Maybe he betted a lot of money.

Because if bet.....And its the playoffs.....At new england against phins....

New England is going to be the favorite and iam taking the points.

Date: November 04, 2015 04:17AM

I understand the digs on Salguero but he has gotten much better over the last 3-4 years. There is a big difference between Armando and Omar. Armando is genuinely respected by his peers, the players and organization. Nobody really respects Omar except a few players/player's wife who have been problems children that in typical fashion Omar sides with. I will give you 3 examples, Miko Grimes, Mike Wallace and Brandon Marshall. Other then that everyone thinks Omar is a douche bag....

Nietzsche

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 04, 2015 04:35AM

Armando is an arrogant douche that disrespected vietnam veterans screw him. I really don't care what their peers think.

Omar ignore him and he goes away. He generates publicity thru negativity. Screw Armando.

Date: November 04, 2015 06:32AM

JC Wrote:
> sickofit Wrote:
> -----
>
> DISAGREE.
>
>

Wow. Back when we had a Spine in the owners box......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: cshashaty ()
Date: November 06, 2015 07:16AM

JC Wrote:
> year.

A very unfortunate incident that Salguero definitely wishes he hadn't done. It was unprofessional.

That being said, I find Salguero to be more balanced and fair than Omar. It's true that peers of Omar's, as well as people inside the Dolphins, have little regard for hiss work and penchant for outrageous and inaccurate takes. I personally think he is in the wrong job and would do better as an antagonist on a regional or national sports show.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.