HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Three Camps have emerged
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Three Camps have emerged
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 20, 2015 01:10PM

Poll
I'm...
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
17 votes were received.
A Believer! The chosen one has arrived! 5

29%
Skeptical. We shall see with more games. 12

71%
Cynical. We've seen this happen before and I'm always disappointed. 0

0%

Due to the sudden resurgence as seemingly created by new interim Head Coach Dan Campbell. Which one are you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Three Camps have emerged
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 20, 2015 02:14PM

Skeptical - Sunday was good but the end results should have happened, nothing to get overly excited about. Always pull for the phins but it's time to kick a@@ every week now. That's what I want.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 20, 2015 02:24PM

I have to call myself a believer. I liked what I heard all of the period before the game was played, about two weeks. I saw real differences in not only the plays but the player playing times. No one can predict the future and predicting it on the basis of one game is risky, thus making the safer choice to reserve judgement but I believe.

Date: October 20, 2015 04:24PM

Only Charlie brown would keep going up to Lucy as she keeps taking the football away.

I'm not Charlie Brown.......But I'm also a Dolphins fan. I WANT to believe and I WANT them to succeed. So when you see a turnaround like we did Sunday how can you not hope for the best? thumbs up

Go Coach Campbell, Go Dolphins!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 20, 2015 04:43PM

I'm with you Charlie Brown crew. Let's ride the wave for as long as it lasts.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 20, 2015 05:08PM

Well I didn't vote yet, it's a little too soon for me. I can relate to Treasure...I WANT to believe and I WANT them to succeed.

But...I REALLY like the intensity, practice philosophy, and passion that coach Campbell has. And obviously, the team has a helluva lot of respect for him. I am hoping so much that it sticks that it isn't even funny.

So after seeing the early results of the players "buying in", listening to his locker room speech and his post game presser, I have this gut feeling that coach Campbell has got the "it factor" that a head coach should have.

One thing that worries me though - If coach Campbell becomes an obvious success and keeps this team motivated & winning for the rest of the season, would Stephen Ross be boneheaded enough to still hire a new head coach? THAT is what worries me.

For some strange reason, I can picture Campbell coaching this team to a playoff game, and then Ross replacing him. But wait, it gets even better! I can then see Campbell getting hired by some suck team to lead them to greatness after getting replaced by Ross.

OMG...What a nightmare!!! eye popping smiley

Date: October 20, 2015 05:49PM

That scenario has actually happened before Mr. phan from paradise (Hawaii).

The guy's name is Todd Bowles and the Jets are now 4-1.

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: October 20, 2015 06:56PM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> One thing that worries me though - If coach
> Campbell becomes an obvious success and keeps this
> team motivated & winning for the rest of the
> season, would Stephen Ross be boneheaded enough to
> still hire a new head coach? THAT is what worries
> me.

Ross will replace him if Tannenbaum suggests it. Ross has a thing for New York, and that's where his loyalties lie. I could be wrong, but Ross has not made a smart (or timely) decision yet concerning this team.

Date: October 20, 2015 08:41PM

Chyren - You are correct, thank you. That is the Deja Vu that I don't want to see happen.

gofins - So far, one of the smartest/timeliest things I've seen Ross do, was to give the game ball to coach Campbell, who then proceeded to throw a couple of "F" Bombs during his post game locker room speech. When the dude speaks, people listen.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: October 21, 2015 03:32AM

I am cautiously optimistic. Under Campbell, win or lose though, I know the team is going to play hard and be aggressive. At least I can watch the games. I watched all of the Jax game, less than half of the Buffalo game and 3 plays of the Jets game. I could not stomach watching the team sleep walk through these games and watch Philbin stand on the sidelines looking clueless. I know the Dolphins won't win every game (much to my chagrin) but I believe they are going to compete in every game

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 21, 2015 03:59AM

Skeptical. We shall see with more games.

After what this organization has gone through in the last 20 years, what else can we vote for.

Posted by: PhinsUp_88 ()
Date: October 21, 2015 04:42AM

I'm a believer grounded in reality. This one feels different, but let's be real about it, these things take time.

Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: October 21, 2015 07:04AM

In some new power rankings, the phins shot up to as high as #15. Critics pointed to our new coach as part of the reason for their new found belief in the team. As for me, I don't get excited beating a team we should beat. Against a rookie qb with a weak supporting cast the result was expected. Let's see how we do against some decent teams. I like Campbell's fire. Philbin put our players to sleep. It's a step in the right direction but we have a long journey ahead before I feel that we can stamp the team as a success.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 21, 2015 07:08AM

The power of motivation can't be overemphasized especially, when dealing with multi-millionaire ego maniacs. Campbell seems to have that gift. He certainly wasn't chosen to be interim coach in a vote among the players. I can only assume that Marino had a lot of input after recognizing that this was a personality that the players would respect and rally around.
I sense a Hollywood movie in the making.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 21, 2015 11:52AM

Didn't click on anything as I am both Skeptical and Cynical. I've been following the Dolphins since their beginnings, so I've seen it all.

Campbell is on the right track, however, I need to see more.

How will this team react when they get their a***s handed to them (which could happen in the NE game)? Will they still be "having fun...will they come out fired up for the next game on the schedule...how will Campbell react to an ass whipping?"

I have to see this before I know where I stand with this team.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 21, 2015 01:45PM

captkoi Wrote:

>
> Campbell is on the right track, however, I need to
> see more.

Exactly how I feel. It was good to hear Campbell's tough talk but its team execution that wins games and coaches know this. It was good to see the team back up his talk and get out on the field and execute last week. I can take a loss against New England but had better be a dog fight.

Date: October 21, 2015 01:53PM

Watching PTI on ESPN they said the team that had the bully scandal has put a bully in charge of the team. Apparently you have to be a non emotional, sweat suit wearing coach to be considered in good graces with ESPN. I may be seeing this with a homers eyes, but I swear ESPN rarely talk about Miami unless it is unavoidable and it's usually with a negative spin. I've been watching more fox sports network than ESPN lately it seems.

Date: October 21, 2015 02:48PM

...But yet they all gush over the Pats who continuously find some way to cheat and always seem to have every ref in their back pocket eye rolling smiley

Date: October 21, 2015 04:08PM

Really football God, that's disgusting. Never watch ESPN unless they televise a game. Thanks for the tip. Now I never will.

Date: October 21, 2015 04:30PM

808phan Wrote:
> ...But yet they all gush over the Pats who
> continuously find some way to cheat and always
> seem to have every ref in their back pocket eye rolling smiley

Yea they didn't give any coverage to the story about how the headsets went out for Pittsburgh against the pats for 24 minutes during the game. That Mike Tomlin was furious and told reports in the post game presser that "things like that always happen up here".

One would think that would be a great story for a sports news channel to cover considering the implications.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 23, 2015 12:32PM

808phan Wrote:
> ...But yet they all gush over the Pats who
> continuously find some way to cheat and always
> seem to have every ref in their back pocket eye rolling smiley

Regrettably, both ESPN and NFLN talk about NE and Dallas every damn day. Dallas can have a bye and they are still talked about every day. Miami? If they are lucky, maybe once per week, and that only in passing.

NE, I can (somewhat) understand...they are arguably the best team in the league. Dallas? They are irrevelant, pretty much. Romo goes out and its in the news every day. Dez is not practicing and they cover him every day.

Evidently, these two networks forget that there are 32 teams in the league.

Date: October 23, 2015 04:58PM

It's the land of Football is a religion, Cap. I grew up there. I guess they figure more people there will pay more attention and that will sell more soap.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 24, 2015 01:11AM

I'm a believer that's also skeptical.

Date: October 25, 2015 09:48AM

anyone want to change their vote? smileys with beer

Date: October 25, 2015 11:23AM

Regardless of the other defects on the team, I think we're pretty nearing the consensus that Joe Philbin was the problem.....JSM08 being an exception of course.

Date: October 25, 2015 11:27AM

I was positive of it last season. Could not believe we would ever be this bad with him, or this good without him though.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 25, 2015 11:46AM

I doubt Philbin will ever get another job around an NFL football team and, that includes selling beer in the stands.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: October 25, 2015 12:16PM

LOL, Hooligan, in the 60's we would say, "You are TOO cold."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.