HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Gotta find a new QB...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Gotta find a new QB...
Posted by: OCphin ()
Date: October 04, 2015 07:35AM

I'm sorry, but Tannehill is horrible for a starting NFL QB. He might make an average back up, but that;s about it.

90% of his game is lacking. He does not possess necessary QB DNA that is an absolute requisite for the position.
Accuracy is and has been a constant issue.

In the words of Mike Singleton "Can't win with em!..."

Stung again by Ireland. Could of had

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gotta find a new QB...
Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 04, 2015 07:41AM

OCphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sorry, but Tannehill is horrible for a
> starting NFL QB. He might make an average back up,
> but that;s about it.
>
>

Disagree. He has no OL.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 04, 2015 07:43AM

i think he can be good but he just missed jennings twice when we needed it the most.

Posted by: badlogo ()
Date: October 04, 2015 07:50AM

A horrible O line will destroy most QB carreers.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 04, 2015 07:56AM

Can't blame the OL for missed wide open receivers, no deep ball, no pocket presence and inability to use his feet to get out of the pocket and get first downs

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 04, 2015 08:01AM

He is suffering from the David Carr syndrome combined with the poorly guided decision by Pinhead/ Sherman and co. to reinvent him into something he is not. Is it too late to salvage Tanny? Possibly. IMHO he had a better show of instincts in his rookie year but seriously it is hard to gauge his skills when he has about 2.5 seconds or less to throw the ball on every single play.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 04, 2015 08:01AM

I honestly don't know whether Tannehill is good enough or not. What I do know is that this offensive line STINKS. The lineman that are supposed to be good are either overrated or too fragile to stay on the field. The rest are crap. Philbin's fate was sealed when Coyle wasn't fired and the team did nothing to improve the o line.

Posted by: OCphin ()
Date: October 04, 2015 08:05AM

Agreed, the line is a mess.
But the issues with Tannehill go way beyond the oline.
If you can't see them, then you're not looking, because they are glaring.
Let me point out a few for you:
Accuracy
Awareness
Footwork
Poise
Leadership
Moxie
Just to name a few.

Date: October 04, 2015 08:06AM

Could go back to drafting a DT in the second instead of OL, also just better game calling by opponent defenses. But what's our D lines excuse?

Posted by: badlogo ()
Date: October 04, 2015 08:12AM

Wait til Tanny goes somewhere else. He will probably be a star, like so many of our other players.

He certainly has some flaws, but right now the team around him has him rattled.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 04, 2015 08:15AM

Tannehill looked horrible. Couldn't hit the broadside of a barn on anything deep. Last pass attempt to Jordan Cameron was it for me, I'm not blaming anyone but Tannehill for his lack of accuracy.

You can blame the o-line & the coaches all you want, but Ryan Tannehill will never be an elite NFL Quarterback. I'm finished being a blind homer and believing there's excuses for him.

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: October 04, 2015 08:24AM

Tannehill does have a bad O-line, but I thought they were adequate at the end of the game. Tannehill was just way off! He looked terrible. The true mark of a professional is consistency and he is not consistent. One game is looks great and like this one, can not hit the broad side of a barn!

Posted by: davdoldew4 ()
Date: October 04, 2015 08:24AM

DITTO !!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 04, 2015 08:34AM

When the QB gets pounded regularly, gun shyness sets in. Movement becomes erratic, throws off balance and the thought process and confidence level goes out the window. O-line is making his life and ability to play fairly well impossible.

(Down deep, I don't see him leading the team to a divisional championship even with a solid o-line--he's not good enough.)

Date: October 04, 2015 08:51AM

JC Wrote:
> OCphin Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm sorry, but Tannehill is horrible for a
> > starting NFL QB. He might make an average back
> up,
> > but that;s about it.
> >
> >
>
> Disagree. He has no OL.

Exactly. Blaming this 100% on the head office giving head.......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 04, 2015 09:17AM

Back when we drafted Tannehill we had this discussion on this forum, whether to build the line first or, get the QB first and build the team around him. Well, here we are and, we still need a line. Let the next coach decide if we need a QB too.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: October 04, 2015 09:51AM

i know the oline is bad and the coaching doesn't help but I'm watching the jags/colts game and bortles looks like 10x the QB. If his primary is covered he gets out of the pocket. you can't camp out in there scanning the field.

as bas as our line is you'd think tannehill would know that yet there he is right in the middle of the pocket getting pounded. some of that is on him and his inability to read a blitz and pick his hot read.

i will withhold final judgement until we have competent coaches. hopefully that'll be in time for the titans game.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 04, 2015 10:05AM

I've said it a million times. Ryan Tannehill is not a pocket quarterback.

You guys have come around to my position on Philbin. Maybe you'll begin to see it about Tannehill as well.

As much as I hated it AT THAT TIME, we'd do better running the wildcat. That's not what I recommend, I recommend running the read option, but it would be better than seeing him stiff in the pocket underthrowing and overthrowing receivers more than hitting them.

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: October 04, 2015 11:54AM

Tannehill seems to be a system QB in a crappy system. IMO, he doesn't have "it" and never will. I actually prefer Henne over Tannehill.

Date: October 04, 2015 12:16PM

gofins60 Wrote:

> I actually prefer Henne over Tannehill.

Oh come on now.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 04, 2015 12:47PM

Tannehill doesn't show the instincts, consistency or competitive fire to be a franchise level QB. The o line isn't great but that doesn't make Tannehill good. He has 2.whatever seconds to get rid of the ball? So what? Brady and Manning have similar figures. Don't care what kind of line you have you aren't gonna get 4-5 seconds to throw the ball against an NFL pass rush. You just aren't. If he's being used wrong he should step up and say something...he's a fourth year guy now not a rookie. That's part of being a leader which the QB is. There are multiple problems on this team but I just can't believe we are as talent poor as we look. IMO a lot has to do with the team having no confidence in their leadership and that includes the QB.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 04, 2015 12:55PM

gofins60 Wrote:

> I actually prefer Henne over Tannehill.

Whoa!!! eye popping smiley

Date: October 04, 2015 02:45PM

Again Russell Wilson has had Russell Okung, Max Unger(traded), no top receivers, and a bunch of no names on the line and still knows when to move and makes the plays. O Line may not be good but stop blaming it for missing wide open receivers and not knowing when to run for a first down or standing in the pocket and taking a sack

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: October 04, 2015 05:43PM

JC Wrote:
> gofins60 Wrote:
> -----
>
> > I actually prefer Henne over Tannehill.
>
>
> Oh come on now.

Why is that so surprising? Both have poor pocket presence, although IMO Henne was getting better before he was injured. Both have a habit of going to their check-down receivers. Henne was a LOT better at throwing the deep ball, so he wins!

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: October 04, 2015 07:05PM

Any bum can be good enough with a great team around him, just don't ask him to do too much.

The team is invested in him. They have hope he will develop the necessary tools and fire and playmaking in a few years, when they can build everything around him, and when he has a ton of NFL experience. That road is too long and wasteful for me, to wait another 4 years for a QB in his 4th year on a mere belief.

It's time to cut the cord.

Date: October 05, 2015 02:46AM

gofins60 Wrote:
> JC Wrote:
> -----
> > gofins60 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > > I actually prefer Henne over Tannehill.
> >
> >
> > Oh come on now.
>
>
> Why is that so surprising? Both have poor pocket
> presence, although IMO Henne was getting better
> before he was injured. Both have a habit of going
> to their check-down receivers. Henne was a LOT
> better at throwing the deep ball, so he wins!

Oh it's not surprising at all, for fans to trash the QB for not being Dan Marino. I've been seeing this on here since Marino left.

Henne has been a starter for roughly four of his eight seasons in the NFL. His TD/INT ratio is much worse. The best season the Phins during his time here was while Pennington was taking his place.

If you want to base your evaluation of a QB for how far he can throw the ball, go for it.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 05, 2015 03:12AM

After 4 games he's on pace for 4000 yards, 28 TDs and, 20 interceptions.
From my vantage point many of those yards have come in garbage time after the opposing teams had pretty much put the game into their "Win" column and were playing pre-vent. I'd like to see what he can do with a decent coach.
Some reports suggest that Ross may be satisfied with just Coyle getting fired and will give Philbin the rest of the season.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2015 08:54AM by Hooligan2.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 05, 2015 04:30AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> From my vantage point many of those yards have
> come in garbage time after the opposing teams had
> pretty much put the game into their "Win" column
> and were playing pre-vent.

Spot on there. take away the 'garbage time' stats from the last two games and T-Hill's rating would be even more atrocious than the 77 it stands at now.

Date: October 05, 2015 05:50AM

where's joe football to break it down!

Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: October 05, 2015 07:17AM

RT is a B+ qb. Calling for his head is ridiculous. You can't be successful when you can't run on first down AT ALL, are constantly put in 3rd and long situations, are told to run five yard slant route plays on said 3rd and longs, and that doesn't even begin to relate it to the problems that transfer over from the defense issues. Why in the hell is the most disruptive DT in a generation being assigned a two gap system? Everyone realizes how assinine that is right? I can give countless other reasons that RT isn't the issue with the teams failures. For the life of me I don't understand why anyone with decent football acumen wouldn't see the things I do.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.